South Pittsburgh @ Boyd Buc

reaction

No team likes to lose but this game should only be to make both teams better. Boyd will not go undefeated this season and SP probably won't either. If SP loses then they just lose, but I'm not sure how much head hanging they will be doing. If they lose they go back home and get ready for the rest of the season. They wouldn't be the first team to ever win a state championship with at least one loss on the record. If Boyd wins a state championship and has that one loss on their record I seriously doubt anyone at the end of the season when they are holding up that gold ball will give a crap. It will be the same for SP. Undefeated seasons are nice but winning a gold ball is The Ultimate Prize. If the winner of this game goes on and doesn't win the gold ball, but the loser of this game wins a gold ball then we will stop and ask each other if you would like to trade places with the other one. This game will be good for both teams, but its merely a scrimmage game to gear up toward the playoffs.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a lot of Mohawks’ today at practice on the Boyd players. I think they are getting a little fired up. Practice seemed to have a little more spirit than usual.

Finally, someone with some inside info one the bucs. I think I read earlier that SP starting running back and center won't be playing in this game. Haven't read anything about Boyd's players.

Buc98 all the Boyd players are good. Boyd had a couple starters bang up the last couple games but I think they were held out and not take any chances against a weaker team. They should be ready to go.

It seems to me like the SP fans on here are more open to Boyd possibly winning than the media. Stephen Hargus(spell check) from TFP complimented both teams, but I'm betting that at least %75 will pick SP to win. Not that it really matters though, I'm just making a "picking" prediction.

The mohawks are due to the homecoming activities not just for the game I bet coach Reynolds has them cut off before friday. But the guys I have talked to are ready for Friday to be here and ready to play some football.....Hope the rest of the practices go good and no one gets hurt...

Well...Boyd is a good team so they could possibily beat us....but not so fast my friend....We are a good team as well and our Defenses are just as good as each others and our Offense is better than Boyds I believe because we have the ability to throw the ball when we want to....I like this underdog role for once....Maybe it will get those boys in orange and black to play more fierce! And by the way whoever said something about they didnt want to hear about our speed....well...they may have speed but we are faster than Boyd as a team and I think pretty much any1 could tell ya that :roflol:

Well...Boyd is a good team so they could possibily beat us....but not so fast my friend....We are a good team as well and our Defenses are just as good as each others and our Offense is better than Boyds I believe because we have the ability to throw the ball when we want to....I like this underdog role for once....Maybe it will get those boys in orange and black to play more fierce! And by the way whoever said something about they didnt want to hear about our speed....well...they may have speed but we are faster than Boyd as a team and I think pretty much any1 could tell ya that :roflol:

dude im pretty sure we r big underdogs not pitt

I saw a lot of Mohawks’ today at practice on the Boyd players. I think they are getting a little fired up. Practice seemed to have a little more spirit than usual.

Finally, someone with some inside info one the bucs. I think I read earlier that SP starting running back and center won't be playing in this game. Haven't read anything about Boyd's players.

The center has been out several weeks. The back-up has been doing a fine job. I heard the RB is day to day with his ankle but the back-ups have been doing just fine when he missed a few games earlier in the season. Punter is back after missing last week. A couple of back-ups/special team players should be back this week too

I think weather will be a factor in this game...If it is raining all day Friday then Boyd's big line will certainly give the Bucs the advantage, If it is dry I think it will give us the advantage...This game will be to close though...I think most people would agree these are two of the best teams in our area reguardless of classification

footballrox there is no way boyd is a big underdog there ranked 1 in 2A sp is 1A come on get real

Actually # 2 in 2A.

WOW they dropped 1 spot SP is still 1A there is no way boyd is the underdog

LOL I was just saying, who got your panties in a wad. Fine Boyd is the favorite, so what?