South Pittsburgh @ Boyd Buc

reaction

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boyd is a good team , but from what i heard about them throughout the week, they where suppossed to be amazing. well what i saw was not amazing . both teams played hard but from what i know boyd didnt have any starters out and where on their A game. SP on the other hand had the QB out which in my opinion is the leader of the team also along with more injuires. so SP hung in there with boyd until late 4th quarter without key players also which are play makers. so imo SP could beat them if they had all players playing tonight but thats how football is so congrats boyd

So who were the players out?????? Raquis played, sellers played..................do you count terrell as two players??

Besides Terrell there are 3 or 4 starters (MLB, Center, WR/CB) plus a couple back-ups either out for the season or out for a few games but other than Terrell we knew we wouldn't have them. We had chances to win the game, offensively, defensively and special teams, with the players we had and we didn't. The players on the field had the ability to win the game and gave it their all. SP fans need to suck it up and quit making excuses...the kids aren't.

GREAT GAME. I THOUGHT UNDER THE CONDITIONS BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD. SORRY TO JUMP IN SO LATE BUT, HAD TROUBLE THIS YEAR WITH LOG-INS. THE FLAG THAT WAS PICKED UP ON THE PUNT PLAY WAS WAVED OFF BECAUSE THE SNAP HIT THE GROUND. WHEN THIS HAPPENS THE PUNTER IS CONSIDERED A RUNNER AND NO LONGER A PUNTER. I THOUGHT THE REFS DONE A GOOD JOB. BOTH TEAMS WILL DO WELL IN THE POST SEASON. NOT UP TO SPEED ON TROUSDALE. HOW GOOD ARE THEY?

First of all, how about dropping the recruiting comments, both private and public schools recruit players period. It happens! As far as Boyd Buchanan recruiting... they probably do, but when you have a good program that people want to be a part of then you don't have to go find them they will find you!

Both coaching staffs for Boyd and South Pitt are as good as it gets. I am sure both spent extra time to get ready for this one. They both do a great job. That's why they win year in and year out. I guarantee that both staffs have a healthy respect for each other. They probably know each others staff more than any other opponent they play. South Pitt has great tradition, fans, coaching, and most of all great players who do care and give everything they've got everytime they were the black and orange. So does Boyd. Obviously South Pitt has been doing it for a lot longer! Over the last 10 to 15 years they have probably been 2 of the most consistent programs in the state. Both continually compete with schools larger than them and beat some of them along the way.

Let's give both teams credit for their efforts. Support your kids for giving it their all!

I'm sure both teams would have played better under better conditions, but give credit where credit is due. Under the circumstances Boyd did what it took to when the game. Good job BUCS!

I hope Boyd and South Pitt both win a state title this year! Wouldn't that be great for every body!

As for those who don't play or coach...remember, this about the young men who play the sport at the high school level. Don't ruin it by getting on coach t and talking about a bunch of stuff that you don't even know about!

Good luck to both schools! Have a great rest of the season!

Old Pirate says congrats to both teams for playing in such horrible conditions and BB on the win. The game should have been called off pain and simple. This OP feels people responsible for having the teams on the field during local lightening and thunder should be repremanded severely. Now everyone knows they were eventually sent back in, but they were also sent back out while conditions were dangerous. Don't think anyone has seen a game delayed so long with such dangerous conditions.

This is a great example of a loss that told a lot about a bunch of youngons and will only make them better. The Pirates had 3 sophmores and a freshman starting on a defense that played as tuff as any around. The Pirate offense was not in sink but that also will be helpful for future games that will actually mean more than the BB game. OP agrees the offense should have played more QB under center with backup center and QB both having problems with snaps. OP was proud of coach Vics comments and SP folkes should applaud the Great Effort of the Pirates.

Travis Millard played 1 heck of a game.I don't care what anyone says.He did all he could do.Congrats to BB they played well enough to win.See this is a team sport.No 1 player wins a game.No 1 player lost this 1.We are spoiled at SP. Blame was placed on kids after last yr's loss at TC. Pitiful.........Something about focus and personal goals was placed on 17yr old's heads.Whatever the circumstances were, the better team won tonite.Team means, when starter's are not playing someone else has to make plays.Go bring home the Gold ball Pirates.Would coulda shoulda's don't count on the field of play.

Thanks for this post. I really hate to read the posts of adults criticizing the play of specific high school teenage players (by name or position). How do you think the one being criticized feels the next morning when he reads and/or hears what was said about him on coacht.com. I think high school players are too young to have to put up with over zealous fans and sideline coaches criticizing them on CoachT. I'm sure the coaches aren't too happy about the fans evaluating their coaching and their players' performances either. There are ways to express your thoughts about a game without shooting down a specific teenage palyer.

Regardless of the reason(s), SP lost. However, they have an excellent program, and it would not surprise me at all if they win the 1A championship this year. This one loss will have little effect on their highly successful program.

My take:

Boyd: played as hard as they could against a VERY good Pirate D and came out on top due to terrible play at the QB for SP. Congrats to Boyd, but I'm telling you first hand and you better listen... You will get beat down by Trousdale and even lose a close one to Friendship Christian. Trousdale's defense is as good as ours.

SP: Regardless of the shoulda woulda coulda SP would have dominated with Terrell at QB. Wet field or not. I don't mind bashing people, but I know the rules on here so I won't. But I will say this... the QB we had on the field played QB in middle school, and has played 3 years at the high school level including this year. He has taken plenty of snaps in practice, and also when the starters mercy rule opponents. NO EXCUSES FOR THE EXECUTION.

SP Coaches: Great game plan and preparation. In the crucial moments I really only seen 1 bad play call which was the HB sprint to the wide side of the field to try and get 3 yards with no time-outs. The quick pass plays.. good calls, but considering the way the entire game went for the QB... maybe bad calls, who knows. Let's find us a back up at the QB position. I would really like for us to run more from behind the center though. Each time we ran that off tackle play we had positive yardage. Also, we had over 3 minutes, had the ball, with 3 timeouts, and tried to force a back-up to be a hero and throw the ball.

How we react as Coach's, Players, and Fans will truly show what time of program we have at SP.

**** Glad I was able to meet up with "Seven" from Trousdale****

I also don't think that Trousdales D is as good as SP, and how can you say that since you haven't seen them this year?? ;)

I can say that cause I have seen it, plus we played them last year in the playoffs, PLUS we played them in the spring.

Note to Zone: Nothing personal, I appreciate the efforts by the QB and I know he tried his best and played as hard as he could. I know he is down on himself more than anyone else. I try to think like a Coach, and I do believe as Coach the QB did not execute well. I consider the conditions and I know they are really tough conditions for anyone, especially a first start for someone. I will congrats to him on the punting. Much Much better under pressure this week.

I don't know why SP fans can't let this go, We can all make excuses after we lose, even some do after they win ;) Sp will mercy rule everyone else this year including the Polk slugs, and they will be hoisting the gold ball in cookeville, may even set the record for playoff points scored :D

http://huntingdonschools.org/HHS/Sports ... /index.htm

My take:

Boyd: played as hard as they could against a VERY good Pirate D and came out on top due to terrible play at the QB for SP. Congrats to Boyd, but I'm telling you first hand and you better listen... You will get beat down by Trousdale and even lose a close one to Friendship Christian. Trousdale's defense is as good as ours.

SP: Regardless of the shoulda woulda coulda SP would have dominated with Terrell at QB. Wet field or not. I don't mind bashing people, but I know the rules on here so I won't. But I will say this... the QB we had on the field played QB in middle school, and has played 3 years at the high school level including this year. He has taken plenty of snaps in practice, and also when the starters mercy rule opponents. NO EXCUSES FOR THE EXECUTION.

SP Coaches: Great game plan and preparation. In the crucial moments I really only seen 1 bad play call which was the HB sprint to the wide side of the field to try and get 3 yards with no time-outs. The quick pass plays.. good calls, but considering the way the entire game went for the QB... maybe bad calls, who knows. Let's find us a back up at the QB position. I would really like for us to run more from behind the center though. Each time we ran that off tackle play we had positive yardage. Also, we had over 3 minutes, had the ball, with 3 timeouts, and tried to force a back-up to be a hero and throw the ball.

How we react as Coach's, Players, and Fans will truly show what time of program we have at SP.

**** Glad I was able to meet up with "Seven" from Trousdale****

I also don't think that Trousdales D is as good as SP, and how can you say that since you haven't seen them this year?? ;)

I can say that cause I have seen it, plus we played them last year in the playoffs, PLUS we played them in the spring.

Note to Zone: Nothing personal, I appreciate the efforts by the QB and I know he tried his best and played as hard as he could. I know he is down on himself more than anyone else. I try to think like a Coach, and I do believe as Coach the QB did not execute well. I consider the conditions and I know they are really tough conditions for anyone, especially a first start for someone. I will congrats to him on the punting. Much Much better under pressure this week.

Your comments now, as they sometimes in the past show that your understanding of the game is not as good as you think it is...sorry but you don't think like a coach. Remember our poor performance in the jasper game...you were calling for the offense to be changed and now you want to find another back-up QB because of one bad game in terrible conditions. Have you ever tried to handle or pass a wet ball? With defensive players coming at you wanting to take your head off? With idiots in the stands yelling stupid comments while you stood on the sidelines? I didn't think so. I would tell you what I really think but I would have to edit myself LOL

Did he make some bad passes, bad reads and fumble balls he shouldn't have...he sure did and he knows that and he has to correct those mistakes in practice. But did you not see the good runs and passes he made? He moved the ball on a tough Boyd defense and ran a 2 min offense without ever practicing it. Timing is important in this offense..it's not simple under good conditions. Running the Wing-t is quite a bit easier. When he was injured he did not practice the week of nor play in the Cascade or Whitwell games either...games he would have seen considerable playing time in. Since you haven't seen the 2 JV games he played in you can not know how well he performed against jasper and Central...we won both of them. Just think before you make stupid, off the cuff comments.

I think as a punter he has matured as the season has progressed...he understands his job better. To get rocked on a punt, have another one blocked and then have another bad snap and still go back out and punt after having a turnover as QB....he just needs to carry that over to QBing. He has to let the bad plays go.

I also don't think that Trousdales D is as good as SP, and how can you say that since you haven't seen them this year?? B)

So coach mike............. ;) .............which Trousdale game have you watched this year?? And you are putting down boyd because they beat the pirates this year? That is nice :D They also lost 5 or so starters off last years team. Which team are you coaching?

I said I TRY to think like a coach. Obviously if I was a coach I would be wearing a headset on the sideline, or maybe carrying a clipboard... oh wait that's not really a coach ;) So, in all the games our backups have been able to play in this year and last year.. .and the field was dry... and there was no pressure since we were winning by 28-35 points... the fumbled snaps that occurred were because the ball was TOO dry and couldn't be gripped. I see things as real as I can... yes, as a fan, who TRIES to think like a coach, but understands I am not. The good passes that were thrown... well, I really only seen a couple. The TD pass was a prayer while getting sacked, and the RECEIVER shielded the defender and came back to it. The duck on the perfectly executed reverse flea flicker. A couple passes to the tight end (decent throws), one slant to malcolm for a first down(good pass)... the one that was intercepted (safety read QB's eyes the whole time), the pass plays to the sideline at end of the game.. maybe 1 decent one and then the others were both too high. Then the last pass that was fumbled. Not to mention the option play?? If it is all about execution, then fix it.. plain and simple.