TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

Proud of all you Vikings! Enjoy this win and the entire season!

You will get another chance to see him next year and several more years on TV.Chris is a great young man and one heck of an athlete.

Batman...you and most other CS advocates need a dose of reality. TV? Get a grip. There are currently no Division I athletes in NET that I have seen. When you go through the recruiting process and follow through to the scholarship celebration it is just that...a celebration. When you show up for camp you see that everyone on the whole team is All State, POY, etc., etc., etc. At that time it becomes just an award. It don't get you far. So far from what I see Ty Garvin, Clint Phillips, CS, KS, even Bradley Tallman are all Division II at best. It's not just being good. You have to have all the right dimensions. With blazing speed being the utmost important factor. Everyone has this Division I rainbow with their sons name at the end of it. Trust me...been there done that. CS is a good RB and fun to watch. But DI? I don't think so. So he has already been offered? I'll believe it when I see it. The best most productive RB in the area is Bradley Tallman currently and he will not go DI. At least not as a RB. He will be made into a LB...and that is at the DII level. He is not tall enough. There are exceptions to the rules but when you see them they control every game they play in. Help or no help. And they don't get hurt every other game. Some of the best educations are at DII schools and even NAIA anyway. These schools are upwards of 30 grand on a regular basis. There is really alot to look at. CS's name will go along way in promoting his stock. At least he has that going for him. The elder Phillips told me a long time ago, "just let them enjoy their high school career and if they get a chance to play college ball and get an education then great. Reduce the pressure and let them enjoy this time in their life." Because so few can withstand the pressure of the job a scholorship brings them...at any level much less DI. So what I'm saying is once you've seen first hand what it takes to compete at that level you come back down to earth and realize that yes, you can "Shoot for the Stars, and if you don't get there you will land pretty high anyway-Knute Rockne'", but you walk away being able to see the forest in spite of the trees. Yes, you have to have a dream, but out of respect for the ones that get there it takes so much more than that. :thumb:

Could you tell me what the "height" requirement for Div1 running back is? 6'2" ain't "too short" in my opinion. Not sure you're too accurate with that statement. I guess everyone has their opinion.......but it ain't just so cause you a sayin it. :blink:

Yeah it is.

Comp...here it is.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco, after you left your girl at the nut house and she then went missing, We now know who picked her up and who her new man is :motorbike: .

Oh, I'm not missing....just watching and waiting for you to cowgirl up and put some walk to your big ole talk...and, as always, I'm your huckleberry and waiting for our own personal game of smash mouth. As I always say, Notion....bring it, shorty. You know where to find me when you get all fired up and all.

OM :popcorneater: