TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok… enough is enough! Just to clear up ALL theories, thoughts, and opinions… just a little bit of information on Bradley Tallman. Bradley has visited and had serious looks from MANY D1 schools. Heck the kid probably has recruit tickets to any game on Saturday within a 300 mile radius… and that’s any direction you look. Comp… I think you are letting past experiences cloud your judgment on this one because we both know a 17 year old kid that is 6’3” 235lbs; runs a legit 4.7-40, and has hands like Jason Witten would have a spot on MANY rosters if he has been handled correctly with recruitment preparation such as camps, visits, and workouts. And let me assure you… he has. It would be hard for a second tier D1 to pass up a package like that. Plus his tenacity and work ethic does nothing but add to his stock. I’m not sure which ones have or have not made official offers, but I will leave you with this. Coach Charlie Wiles was sitting in the Viking stands last Friday night at the THS vs DB…and I was told not far from were I was sitting. You do know Charlie Wiles don’t you…. he’s one of Frank Beamer’s boys. In fact members of the Virginia Tech Coaching staff already have a nickname for BT, and if you were at the game Friday night you can imagine the LARGE feather in his hat he received from the VT recruiting staff before their game SATURDAY.

So please excuse Bradley from any further “wanna be D1” talk. I’m not saying that he even wants to go to VT, because when you aren’t a Five Star recruit out of high school there can be allot of “if, ands, and buts” that go along with the package… at first. And we all know that anything could happen between now and National signing day… but I’m quit sure that becoming a D1 athlete SOMEWHERE is just a matter of logistics for him at this point. I’ve never met Bradley personally, but I feel like he’s my next door neighbor now after the conversation I just had. From ALL indications, he’s a good kid that continues to put others ahead of himself… even after his recent fame. That’s a tribute to his parentsas well as his coaches. I’m in admiration of his and others on THIS teams accomplishments… and I wish him and his family ONLY the best!!!! :D

My name is Cap1, and this message has been approved by someone VERY close to BT. Thank you. :roll:

Just my 2 cents. I feel like everybody here is fighting the same fight. We all want to see these guys succeed but just have different views of it. I would take Jeremy Osborne over any running back around here right now. He rewrote the South record books during his time. He went on to play at Furman and get his degree. I always thought he was a better safety than running back after watching him make over 20 solo tackles against Dustin Moore and safety is what he ended up playing in college. He got his degree and is doing well. Is there something wrong with that? Ralph Nelson manhandled anybody around here during his day. He could have gone to a smaller school and played very quickly but he always wanted to go to UT so he jumped at the opportunity. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Maybe I'm wrong here but I think Comp is trying to say that CS wouldn't play if he went to a D1 school but that doesn't mean he isn't being recruited by them. There's a reason that there are 2nd and 3rd string players. They are good players but not great. I've watched both Tallman and CS and both are good backs. I'm sure they both will make great decisions and go to the school that fits what they are looking for and above all get their degree.

Yell,Comp has forgot more words than most of us will ever know on this board.He would have put it that way if he thought these guys could get recruited by a D1 school.There is one problem with that however.Big time football is 'BIG' money.No D1 school is going to give out free rides to a kid they think is a practice player.SO, these guys have to be D1 players,or all these real recruiters don't have a clue :roflol:

For all that it matters Barry sanders was 5"8

It matters alot in this argument. Comp is saying you have to be in the 6' range to be recruited by a D1 school. Barry Sanders was the best running back EVER. Even playing for the Lyons. There are alot, and I mean alot of 5'8"-5'10" running backs in D1 right now. Alot of the running backs comming out of high school will be turned into linebackers and defensive backs in college. I think the ACC would be a good fit for Chris Sensabaugh at this point. But if he gets a little bigger and stronger over the next year (210-220) he could play in the SEC. I think the scouts can see he's getting alot of yardage on his on.

Saturday on the tv,2 HS teams from Miami Fla,were playing.

Miami Central,and Miami Northwestern. 21 of the players of both

teams combined,were on the ESPN Top 150 HS players list.

The only white person on the field or on the sidelines that I saw

was an ( 1 ) official. That in its self speaks volumes of what

colleges are looking for. Not being biased or prejudice,just stating

fact.The best running backs are and going to be,you know.

Look at the NFL.Height doesn't matter if you got the jukes

and the speed. Thats life. :thumb: Just enjoy the ride.