TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job by the Vikings tonight. Tallman really delivered. I hope the coaching staff lets Shepard sit out next week and give him a chance to heal. Vikes just need to take one game at a time. The regular season is almost over, but Boone and South will be tough opponents for the Vikings.

Looking at the remainder of their schedule, DB still has the opportunity to finish 5-5 on the year and make the playoffs. I think they will do it. Two of thier last three opponents are Volunteer and David Crockett. I suspect that DB will come out and play as hard as they possibly can against Science Hill. I think the Tribe would rather lose to anyone except South and Science Hill.

Great effort by both teams tonight. Vikings I am so proud of you all. What a tremendous night, one you will remember for the rest of your lives. Tip of the hat to D-B. Gutsy performance when it would have been a whole lot easier to pack it in, especially with as many sick as you all have had. The FLU has been a nightmare for everybody.

Year in and year out D-B is the measuring stick for football in NE TENN, and tonight the Vikings more than measured up.

Congratulations Tennessee High, you are Tri Cities Champs! Cap...How Sweet It Is!!!

Love ya' Maroon!

Aaahhhh yes, the Black Devil Train has arrived at it's destination. Just under the Eastman Road Bridge. The Indian Fathers are busy loading pickup truck loads of the pungent bird and hauling it back to J. Fred Johnson Stadium for the required black communion. By the time all is said and done their trucks will be rusted and tires will be rotted by the juice from the Devil Bird.The beaten city Fathers toil as told. The Indian Mothers will be serving the delicacy into the wee hours of the morning with nasty vermin sweat rolling down their soon to be aging city faces. These wretched young women will age beyond their years by midnight next Thursday when they will send the Black Devil Train to it's next destination. Woe be unto anyone who must keep the train two weeks in a row. There would be no return from such discust. Enjoy your cript for your curse has been administered and remember...woe is to the one who lives in the past...for the present is but a fleeting number of touchdowns away........ :thumb:

I'll say congrats to the Vikings. You all absolutely whooped up on DB the first half from what I saw on the tv. I'll say it...best team in upper east tn by record and well, what else can be said. I didn't think you were that good but hey I was wrong and you guys more than handled DB. Congrats on the win.

So now you all have 2 more title games to play, South in 3 weeks and Boone in 2 weeks. I'll admit I'm very nervous from what I've heard from you all tonight. But...enjoy the win...nothing like beating DB!

Made this same post on the DB/Sul South thread --- couldn't hardly tell the difference of the 2 threads!

Looks as if it could be a wet one tonight, to which it doesn't give one team an advantage over the other. I do know that this is the 3rd time in 4 years that DB has been at the castle, wonder how that came about???? THS has always been and will always be a force to recon with! Make no mistake, if you do not play good ball against them then you will be on the low scoring outcome side. DB has won the last 5 in a row knowing this simple rule and no doubt will bring their "A" game tonight! The dominance continues.

PS: Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are!

DB 27

THS 13

ROLL TRIBE!

Geez.... PS Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are.....listen, we are 6-1 and have our schedule and play our games. We were good enough to beat Seymour, Cherokee, North, Central, Science Hill.....and DB. We took South to overtime. No Boone fan (wait I take that back one comes on here and states we are the greatest...not me) thinks that we are the cream of the crop. We do believe in working hard and taking what we are dealt and then...whatever happens happens. If we beat volunteer, beat crockett. and beat TH 3-0 then still...we would hear that the kids overlooked Boone and it wasn't their best game and...excuses excuses. TN High may beat us and if it happens it happens...but Boone would still be 8-2 and at the end of the day... we won some games and played some close ones. Get over your school's history and start living in the now. You got beat by Boone and TN High...live with it.

That's what I'm talkin about.... LEAVE NO DOUBT!! :D The Vikings took an important step tonight in squashing the doubtful cloud over their heads and proved that they are truly a team to be reckoned with in the post season.... not only to the skeptics out there, but to themselves. The wave of this victory over a program that has been a BIG monkey on their backs since the reinstatement of this matchup in 05' SHOULD propel them through the rest of the regular season. But like 04' said we MUST take one week at a time. I for one will take a W over DB anyway we can get it, but I have to admit that it was obvious to me that the Indians weren't at full strength tonight... especially after seeing them BLAST South in person last week. I truly don't think it would have had an impact on the outcome, but Coach Stubbs certainly wouldn't have been able to pull a UT and sit on the lead in the second half had the Indians been able to performed as they did last week.

For the game on the Vikings side... Tallman #44 had a monster game and added that spark for the Vikings in this game. Both of the Viking kickers proved (once again) that they are a solid part of the Viking game plan... GREAT JOB!!!! On DBs side... Roop IMO had a even better individual performance tonight than he did in the South game. He stepped up for his team and made some pretty impressive plays... and many were while standing in a quickly collapsing pocket. I have to be honest and say that he needs to protect the long ball better. He doesn't have the players that can go up and get the balls on a regular bases that DB has enjoyed on past teams. The Coaches should also recognize that fact and incorporate better routes for him to look at. I'm going to stop right there and see what direction this thread goes.

Good luck to DB the rest of the way. I can't imagine you not closing the remaining regular season on a much higher note than tonight. I can't go without mentioning that the BAND was off the chain. :D Sitting almost at the 50 yard line it sounded more like a surround sound CD to me. Hats off to Stubbs and Crew for great preparation and execution. LOVED the quick snap play... priceless when perfectly executed against a GP team! Great game Vikings!!! Now on to Boone....oops... I meant Central! :thumb:

That's what I'm talkin about.... LEAVE NO DOUBT!! :D The Vikings took an important step tonight in squashing the doubtful cloud over their heads and proved that they are truly a team to be reckoned with in the post season.... not only to the skeptics out there, but to themselves. The wave of this victory over a program that has been a BIG monkey on their backs since the reinstatement of this matchup in 05' SHOULD propel them through the rest of the regular season. But like 04' said we MUST take one week at a time. I for one will take a W over DB anyway we can get it, but I have to admit that it was obvious to me that the Indians weren't at full strength tonight... especially after seeing them BLAST South in person last week. I truly don't think it would have had an impact on the outcome, but Coach Stubbs certainly wouldn't have been able to pull a UT and sit on the lead in the second half had the Indians been able to performed as they did last week.

For the game on the Vikings side... Tallman #44 had a monster game and added that spark for the Vikings in this game. Both of the Viking kickers proved (once again) that they are a solid part of the Viking game plan... GREAT JOB!!!! On DBs side... Roop IMO had a even better individual performance tonight than he did in the South game. He stepped up for his team and made some pretty impressive plays... and many were while standing in a quickly collapsing pocket. I have to be honest and say that he needs to protect the long ball better. He doesn't have the players that can go up and get the balls on a regular bases that DB has enjoyed on past teams. The Coaches should also recognize that fact and incorporate better routes for him to look at. I'm going to stop right there and see what direction this thread goes.

Good luck to DB the rest of the way. I can't imagine you not closing the remaining regular season on a much higher note than tonight. I can't go without mentioning that the BAND was off the chain. :D Sitting almost at the 50 yard line it sounded more like a surround sound CD to me. Hats off to Stubbs and Crew for great preparation and execution. LOVED the quick snap play... priceless when perfectly executed against a GP team! Great game Vikings!!! Now on to Boone....oops... I meant Central! :thumb:

You and me both buddy.... we have Volunteer yet it seems like this week is just a....blah week. Can't over look anyone but.....I mean come on I want to head down to the castle!

Congrats Vikings, a very good team and the better team won. That FB is awesome, what a weapon.

5 scores in the 1st half on 5 possesions. It was just like the DB/South Game, with the Indians getting it handed to 'em this time. I was very proud of the effort that Graham Clark got from DB in the 2nd half, that showed us some pride.

Good luck the rest of the season Vikings... DB, we gotta beat Crockett!!

Roll Tribe Roll

We have to get everyone back and just forget about this game.It's a three game season,starting with DC.That last game will be a prime matchup with TH and South.With seven in the box your not going to run over TH.I think South will match up well if they have their QB back and they can take care of the ball.Nobody will beat TH if they put two halfs together like last nights start.

Congrats to the Vikings.That was probably the best first half

I have seen by any Viking team in the past.Tallman,what a load.

Hope Sheppard gets healthy quick.

DB didn't give up and worked hard in the second half. I believe

they were still exhausted from last weeks win. DB needs to

regroup and win out. Haven't been in that kinda downpour in

a while. With rain suits on, we were still soaked.

Made this same post on the DB/Sul South thread --- couldn't hardly tell the difference of the 2 threads!

Looks as if it could be a wet one tonight, to which it doesn't give one team an advantage over the other. I do know that this is the 3rd time in 4 years that DB has been at the castle, wonder how that came about???? THS has always been and will always be a force to recon with! Make no mistake, if you do not play good ball against them then you will be on the low scoring outcome side. DB has won the last 5 in a row knowing this simple rule and no doubt will bring their "A" game tonight! The dominance continues.

PS: Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are!

DB 27

THS 13

ROLL TRIBE!

Geez.... PS Boone is nowhere near as good as they think they are.....listen, we are 6-1 and have our schedule and play our games. We were good enough to beat Seymour, Cherokee, North, Central, Science Hill.....and DB. We took South to overtime. No Boone fan (wait I take that back one comes on here and states we are the greatest...not me) thinks that we are the cream of the crop. We do believe in working hard and taking what we are dealt and then...whatever happens happens. If we beat volunteer, beat crockett. and beat TH 3-0 then still...we would hear that the kids overlooked Boone and it wasn't their best game and...excuses excuses. TN High may beat us and if it happens it happens...but Boone would still be 8-2 and at the end of the day... we won some games and played some close ones. Get over your school's history and start living in the now. You got beat by Boone and TN High...live with it.

First of all, congrats to THS --- The BEST team in East TN by a long shot! Class act, well coached and well rehearsed! They should win the Big 8 and should do well into the playoffs.

As a comparison THS is head and shoulders above Boone. When Boone played "the" DB, they had no sustained drives except for scoring drives from DB turnovers and DB having 2 touchdowns recalled from stupid penalties. Boone does have a good team, but not as good as they think they are.