TENNESSEE HIGH VS. DOBYNS BENNETT

Yogi Bear

Congratulations Vikings on a great all around game. The team is getting better each week. I hope Shepard heals up quick. What is Sensabaugh's injury? Everytime we have played them since Sensabaugh has been at DB, I have yet to see him play. I hear all the hype, but for some reason or another haven't seen him do a thing. That's not a cut, just the truth.

Proud of all you Vikings! Enjoy this win and the entire season!

You will get another chance to see him next year and several more years on TV.Chris is a great young man and one heck of an athlete.

Batman...you and most other CS advocates need a dose of reality. TV? Get a grip. There are currently no Division I athletes in NET that I have seen. When you go through the recruiting process and follow through to the scholarship celebration it is just that...a celebration. When you show up for camp you see that everyone on the whole team is All State, POY, etc., etc., etc. At that time it becomes just an award. It don't get you far. So far from what I see Ty Garvin, Clint Phillips, CS, KS, even Bradley Tallman are all Division II at best. It's not just being good. You have to have all the right dimensions. With blazing speed being the utmost important factor. Everyone has this Division I rainbow with their sons name at the end of it. Trust me...been there done that. CS is a good RB and fun to watch. But DI? I don't think so. So he has already been offered? I'll believe it when I see it. The best most productive RB in the area is Bradley Tallman currently and he will not go DI. At least not as a RB. He will be made into a LB...and that is at the DII level. He is not tall enough. There are exceptions to the rules but when you see them they control every game they play in. Help or no help. And they don't get hurt every other game. Some of the best educations are at DII schools and even NAIA anyway. These schools are upwards of 30 grand on a regular basis. There is really alot to look at. CS's name will go along way in promoting his stock. At least he has that going for him. The elder Phillips told me a long time ago, "just let them enjoy their high school career and if they get a chance to play college ball and get an education then great. Reduce the pressure and let them enjoy this time in their life." Because so few can withstand the pressure of the job a scholorship brings them...at any level much less DI. So what I'm saying is once you've seen first hand what it takes to compete at that level you come back down to earth and realize that yes, you can "Shoot for the Stars, and if you don't get there you will land pretty high anyway-Knute Rockne'", but you walk away being able to see the forest in spite of the trees. Yes, you have to have a dream, but out of respect for the ones that get there it takes so much more than that. :roflol:

Ok First, I'm gonna have to say that This years Viking team is the strongest I have ever seen them. They looked really good out their Friday night. I wish our guys would have been healthier and it would have been a better fight. I'm not taking away from their win because they played an excellent game. Congrats to each guy on the team. Now I've got to reply to the above post! Comp.... CS has had D1, full ride already offered. This is a fact and I have a personal invite extended to you from his Mom and Dad to come meet with them so they can show you these letters, since you have to see to believe.

CS has a whole year of high school ahead of him and they want to see what more will come and decide on the best offer for him then but, you have a personal invite to view what D1 schools have already offer him a full ride. Don't pass this up and if you do, then you need to keep your mouth shut in the future because you have no idea to what you are talking about. You may not think he is D1 material but, several D1 recruiter do. Take it to the table and afterwords say you are wrong and leave it there for the best intrest of this young man.

Yes, I know what offers are there but will not say so, please don't ask. CS and Family will make it public when they deem fit!!!!! This is for you Comp and Only You...Remember....When in doubt Charge :thumb:

You have been called out on a public forum, just as you have Called CS and his talent out many times before. So, what will it be?????? :roflol:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard at the game last night that CS had been offered full

ride from Clemson already. That's big if true. He is a good

runner,he just had a bad game last night.At least he didn't

run over us like he did South. :thumb:

I got to ask Computsman,were was Clint Phillips,and Ty

Garvin at that night,DB vs South game ?

I have watched CS run the ball for a few years now. I love watching him play. He runs the ball hard every time he touches it. Every game, teams load up to stop him and he still gives it his all. He's a competitor. He'll play on Saturdays.

My hats off to THS. It sounds like you have an incredible team. You have earned the ranking. I look forward to seeing your team in the next couple weeks.

A quick start by the Indians will be the nail in the Vikings caufin. Tn High will be just like South, a deer in the headlights!!

Indians Roll and move into a 4 way tie for 1st in the Conference Standing. The Indians are pulling for and expect Boone to whip Science Hill! Hey WaCo... I spotted your girlfriend down in the Death Valley Trailer Park the other day, maybe you can get her a room @ the Ballist Tourist Home downtown.

DB 27

Tn High 14

If DB wins, surely they can win with class. Act like you have won a game before. If you are as good as you think you are, then why act so suprised? AND, don't get kicked out of the game for sportsmanship when you are winning! THAT is classless, maybe that is deserving of a letter to editor? One week you are on your backs kicking and crying because you lost and the next week you are taking cheap shots. As much of a rivalry as Skunk's boys had, they never got kicked out. If they had, the second kicking would have come from Skunk. Where is the DB pride? Wondering, did the DB coaches come up with the rumor tactic of pig flu? TN High is smarter than that. Win or lose, show some class.

Sounds like someone's letter to the editor struck a nerve with DBWatchdog :thumb: How's the old saying go? Something about if the shoe fits, wear it. At least the author of that letter used his real name. I think Moneychanger would be a truer id for you. Fits with your day job just a bit better. We could go into the specifics of what actually happened with the penalty that you seem to think you know so much about, but that would just be wasted on you. It's far more comfortable for you to stay wrapped in the cloak of bitterness you're still dragging around over the legend YOU THOUGHT your son was supposed to be. You won't have to dig very deep to find out the true story of what happened there, but you can't handle the truth. What's got your goat the most is who started this year and who didn't last year.

You're a fine one to talk about anyone else giving their kid a "kicking". Excuses, excuses should be your family motto. Where's the DB pride? It's alive and well, no thanks to you. The bigger question is where is yours? You are a disgrace.

By the way IndianNation, as much as it sickens me to say, DBWatchDog is a DB graduate and parent of a player from the class of 2009.

WHAT 8-) !!!!! Oh Man thats BAD dry.gif .

I enjoy watching Jason Witten on Sundays another solid name from East Tn.

Right you are, Jason is VERY enjoyable to watch on Sundays! Often we as fans do not recognize the talent underneath the high school athlete we see week-in/week-out. There have been and are presently many from this area that will be playing on Saturdays and some will continue to play on Sundays. I forgot to mention the name of Cody on my original post of Saturday players. I bet many of you could add to the list of Div 1 players from our local schools. Make no mistake, I am a DB football fan but I DO support High School football and the fine young men that play it well here in upper east TN. I wish all that participate the very best and that they are successful. ROLL TRIBE!

PS: THS you've got it going on! :thumb:

Congratulations Vikings on a great all around game. The team is getting better each week. I hope Shepard heals up quick. What is Sensabaugh's injury? Everytime we have played them since Sensabaugh has been at DB, I have yet to see him play. I hear all the hype, but for some reason or another haven't seen him do a thing. That's not a cut, just the truth.

That is a weird thing. The two best running backs in upper east tn. and neither one has done anything against each others teams. I don't think Sensabaugh has got to play but a quarter and a half against the Vikings because of injury. Maybe he'll get to play the whole game next year.

You will get another chance to see him next year and several more years on TV.Chris is a great young man and one heck of an athlete.

Batman...you and most other CS advocates need a dose of reality. TV? Get a grip. There are currently no Division I athletes in NET that I have seen. When you go through the recruiting process and follow through to the scholarship celebration it is just that...a celebration. When you show up for camp you see that everyone on the whole team is All State, POY, etc., etc., etc. At that time it becomes just an award. It don't get you far. So far from what I see Ty Garvin, Clint Phillips, CS, KS, even Bradley Tallman are all Division II at best. It's not just being good. You have to have all the right dimensions. With blazing speed being the utmost important factor. Everyone has this Division I rainbow with their sons name at the end of it. Trust me...been there done that. CS is a good RB and fun to watch. But DI? I don't think so. So he has already been offered? I'll believe it when I see it. The best most productive RB in the area is Bradley Tallman currently and he will not go DI. At least not as a RB. He will be made into a LB...and that is at the DII level. He is not tall enough. There are exceptions to the rules but when you see them they control every game they play in. Help or no help. And they don't get hurt every other game. Some of the best educations are at DII schools and even NAIA anyway. These schools are upwards of 30 grand on a regular basis. There is really alot to look at. CS's name will go along way in promoting his stock. At least he has that going for him. The elder Phillips told me a long time ago, "just let them enjoy their high school career and if they get a chance to play college ball and get an education then great. Reduce the pressure and let them enjoy this time in their life." Because so few can withstand the pressure of the job a scholorship brings them...at any level much less DI. So what I'm saying is once you've seen first hand what it takes to compete at that level you come back down to earth and realize that yes, you can "Shoot for the Stars, and if you don't get there you will land pretty high anyway-Knute Rockne'", but you walk away being able to see the forest in spite of the trees. Yes, you have to have a dream, but out of respect for the ones that get there it takes so much more than that. :thumb:

Ok First, I'm gonna have to say that This years Viking team is the strongest I have ever seen them. They looked really good out their Friday night. I wish our guys would have been healthier and it would have been a better fight. I'm not taking away from their win because they played an excellent game. Congrats to each guy on the team. Now I've got to reply to the above post! Comp.... CS has had D1, full ride already offered. This is a fact and I have a personal invite extended to you from his Mom and Dad to come meet with them so they can show you these letters, since you have to see to believe.

CS has a whole year of high school ahead of him and they want to see what more will come and decide on the best offer for him then but, you have a personal invite to view what D1 schools have already offer him a full ride. Don't pass this up and if you do, then you need to keep your mouth shut in the future because you have no idea to what you are talking about. You may not think he is D1 material but, several D1 recruiter do. Take it to the table and afterwords say you are wrong and leave it there for the best intrest of this young man.

Yes, I know what offers are there but will not say so, please don't ask. CS and Family will make it public when they deem fit!!!!! This is for you Comp and Only You...Remember....When in doubt Charge :thumb:

You have been called out on a public forum, just as you have Called CS and his talent out many times before. So, what will it be?????? :thumb:

Indian Nation, if Chris goes DI then more power to him. My opinion is my opinion. This a public forum and I say what I believe. I try to keep it real. Which is exactly why I penned the post. Very few of these posters have any clue what it takes to get a college scholarship period...much less to Division I. And setting these kids up on a pedistal is not healthy. Yes I've called Chris' name and many other names. It is said that we don't do that. It's funny though that more than a few DB posters called out my son here on the T. They didn't say his name. They said, "the South RB", or "#15", or "The Spin Dr." when declaring he couldn't play JV in 5A. One said, he would never play at DB while Chris was their RB. They all said he got press because he was a 4A RB playing in a 2A conference. He was the only RB at South. He paid his dues playing behind Curt but had 5 100+ yd games in spite of Curts' domination. Including 128 yards at Maryville. What class were they? Not to mention his Senior year. Bobeye was very good but only got 11 or so carries the whole year so yeah they didn't call his name but instead called him everything but. If they had any stones they would have called his name. Not. Did I complain? My skin is a bit thicker than that. Jealousy is a powerful thing and something I don't let boil my blood. The good with the bad. Very few had a negative view of my son but I guarantee they were all from DB. And you complain because I speak my mind. I admonish you to speak yours. Trust me, when I see CS as the DI back you all claim he is then I will be hard on promoting him. What you are upset about is that I am "so called" calling him out on a public forum. For that I apologize. And with all sincerity. If you would prefer me say "that DB RB" then by all means know that I would not disrespect him to refer to him as some indescript, inanimate, generic object. As my son was disrespected. At least when they trashed him they could have called him by name. I guess that's how it is hiding behind a screen name. I post my view on here. Some people like brutal honesty. Some people don't. There are those on here that value what I have to say and it's not because it is sugar coated. There are just as many that approach me with a fin on their back. You win some you lose some. I voted for Obama and stick by my decision. All in all...I have no intention to disrespect anyone. Including you or yours.

I do know a little about the game comp and I have seen some of the best backs to come out of Tennessee.This year,the three best backs that I've seen were the kid from Farragut.Young ,a " 5'8 '' or so back from Bearden and Chris from Dobyns Bennett.The game Chris had at South is a highlight film in it's self for D1 schools to recruit by. All three are being looked at by many D1 schools,and that is a fact.Nobody has to take my word for it,it's just the way it is.Somebody said you must be 6'2'' to be big time,that kid from Bearden throws that out the window.This is just the way I see it,and I too tell it straight up.If these three are healthy when the time comes.They will all sign with major D1 schools.