Powell at Clinton

thekidd0086

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our players being out sick last night had alot to do with some of our penalties. It looked to me as if the Clinton players were looking ahead a little bit and Central showed up wanting to be the first team to knock us off. Like i said before, from here on out, we (Clinton) need to show up fired up and ready to play some ball. We cant wait to get behind and then decide it time to play.

Come on boys! You have a chance to have a very special season and dont mess it up because of a lack of focus or taking a team too lightly. Powell is coming to town friday night and you know what they did to you last year! Dont let that happen again this year! THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!! Good Luck & God Bless!

Oh yeah! I'll take Clinton 34-21 GO DRAGONS!!! :flower:

this isnt the powell team of last year, they dont seem like theyre nearly as good on defense and definately not as much of a threat on O, clinton should be woke up a little by the closeness of the central game and hopefully having the starters back in will help some of those stupid penalties that plagued them this week, with that being said im taking clinton 35-14.

this isnt the powell team of last year, they dont seem like theyre nearly as good on defense and definately not as much of a threat on O, clinton should be woke up a little by the closeness of the central game and hopefully having the starters back in will help some of those stupid penalties that plagued them this week, with that being said im taking clinton 35-14.

I think you are correct ethel, this Powell team isnt the same team as last year, but that doesnt mean that we can just show up and win. If Clinton doesnt start showing up with a little more intensity and focus, we will be losing 1 or more of our last 3 regular season games. As long as our boys show up ready to play, i think we will be alright. Go Dragons!!!

One question: Why do we consistently run QB sneaks from the 2 or throw from the 2 when we have a RB averaging 9 yds a carry?

Just a thought.......

I have noticed the same thing and wondered why as well. Here are some of the reasons i think.....

1. If a defense knows what you are going to do, sometimes its a little easier to stop it. So if we always run Hazelhurst in from the 2, at some point, the defense will know what we are going to do and be able to stop it.

2. Maybe we are trying to get Stone more td's, either by passing or rushing. Stat padding?

I think Clinton has done a wonderful job thus far of being balanced. It seems like just about every game this season, Clinton has around 200 yrds rushing and 200 yrds passing, so i like their balance and think it is one of the reasons for their success to this point.

One question: Why do we consistently run QB sneaks from the 2 or throw from the 2 when we have a RB averaging 9 yds a carry?

Just a thought.......

I have noticed the same thing and wondered why as well. Here are some of the reasons i think.....

1. If a defense knows what you are going to do, sometimes its a little easier to stop it. So if we always run Hazelhurst in from the 2, at some point, the defense will know what we are going to do and be able to stop it.

2. Maybe we are trying to get Stone more td's, either by passing or rushing. Stat padding?

I think Clinton has done a wonderful job thus far of being balanced. It seems like just about every game this season, Clinton has around 200 yrds rushing and 200 yrds passing, so i like their balance and think it is one of the reasons for their success to this point.

we keep scoring either way and weston has 16 td's on the year rushing so i dont think hes complaining any

I'm not saying anything nor implying anything. There has been quite a few times this year that this type of redzone thinking has almost cost us. Hazelhurst has been averaging 9 yds a carry all year against 8 in the box. I think I would take those odds all day.

Still not sure how good this team is, no offence to the other teams we have played thus far, we have not beat a team that has over 3 wins. The penalties WILL beat us down the road if they do not fix it.

Just a thought.......

we keep scoring either way and weston has 16 td's on the year rushing so i dont think hes complaining any

I'm not saying anything nor implying anything. There has been quite a few times this year that this type of redzone thinking has almost cost us. Hazelhurst has been averaging 9 yds a carry all year against 8 in the box. I think I would take those odds all day.

Still not sure how good this team is, no offence to the other teams we have played thus far, we have not beat a team that has over 3 wins. The penalties WILL beat us down the road if they do not fix it.

i agree 50. Clinton hasnt beaten anyone with a winning record thus far. The way Clinton struggled in the first half against Central the other night concerns me. I dont know if this team became content with themselves or what, but there is alot of room for improvement! I know this seems strange to some people to be saying that we need to improve when we have a 7-0 record, but i can promise one thing, if Clinton is lucky enough to win the district and make it to the playoffs, we will be playing some really good teams and can not afford to keep making the same mistakes game in and game out! :D

While I would like to see Powell win this one, it isn't going to happen. Powell has no ability to defend the pass with their version of the 3-5. This has been the case for the last 2 years from my admittedly limited observation. Clinton will exploit this in a big way. IMO, this game will make Powell look worse than they really are, and make Clinton look better than they really are.

Well the Clinton vs. Central game friday was close because Central has improved game in and game out. Their coaches have stayed after it and the players have responded and look forward to playing Campbell County Friday night. They have to win out to make the playoffs and they could do it. I thought Central did a nice job of not giving up the deep ball but just did not have enough size on defense to handle Hazelhurst and that was the difference in the game. Clinton is on their way bu they have to get better in the secondary and I think Central has improved probably more than any team in the region!