Powell at Clinton

thekidd0086

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Clinton vs. Central game friday was close because Central has improved game in and game out. Their coaches have stayed after it and the players have responded and look forward to playing Campbell County Friday night. They have to win out to make the playoffs and they could do it. I thought Central did a nice job of not giving up the deep ball but just did not have enough size on defense to handle Hazelhurst and that was the difference in the game. Clinton is on their way bu they have to get better in the secondary and I think Central has improved probably more than any team in the region!

Your right Central keeps on getting better and they are a young team that will be a force in a couple of years. The powell clinton will be a hard fought game and im not sure how Clinton will come at them. I hope they keep the same balanced attack they have been but they may throw it more this game cause of Powells secondary. This is a trap game for Clinton heading into the OR game and they really need to have their heads on straight becaus powell is a dangerous team. As you said Hazelhurst can really hurt small defensive teams and that kid just never gives up. Does anybody know how big powells D is?

Powell gave up 44 points to Karns . . . Clinton hung 42-10 on Karns at half and Karns' TD was off a turnover inside Clinton's 20. With that being said the math adds up to a long night for the Panthers and their small LB's and DB's. If Clinton can take Mobley out of the equation then they should roll. I have a feeling they will be hungry after a sub par performance. Apparently the Powell coaches and players are saying Clinton has not proven anything because their schedule has been weak. That may add fuel to the dragon fire. On a side note, they are taking one game at a time, no talk of anyone except for Powell.

Apparently the Powell coaches and players are saying Clinton has not proven anything because their schedule has been weak.

Do what? EXACTLY which coaches and players have said that? I have talked to several of the Powell coaches over the last couple of days and not one word has been said even remotely resembling that statement. Name names, or take that garbage somewhere else. Everybody involved with the Powell program knows exactly how talented Clinton is and has the utmost respect for Coach Shattuck and his staff.

If you want to try motivate your team, which I don't believe needs any more motivation than they already have given the bone that is in front of them already with a district championship and a number 3 ranking in the state on the line, at least make it something that is realistic, and not something completely fabricated.

Powell gave up 44 points to Karns . . . Clinton hung 42-10 on Karns at half and Karns' TD was off a turnover inside Clinton's 20. With that being said the math adds up to a long night for the Panthers and their small LB's and DB's. If Clinton can take Mobley out of the equation then they should roll. I have a feeling they will be hungry after a sub par performance. Apparently the Powell coaches and players are saying Clinton has not proven anything because their schedule has been weak. That may add fuel to the dragon fire. On a side note, they are taking one game at a time, no talk of anyone except for Powell.

With the exception of a few young players and misguided fans, I don't think the Powell staff has anything negative to say about Clinton this year, especially since this young Powell team is struggling. The Panthers are well aware that this is a revenge game for the Dragons, after the 2nd half drubbing they suffered against the Panthers last year. Powell is still having issues with fumbles, offensive holding penalties, and pass defense, which are all signs of just how young this team is. Teams continue to exploit Powell's weak secondary, and I don't expect this week to be any different.

The Panther defense will keep Weston Hazelhurst in check, but I just don't see them stopping Darian Stone's passing attack. Clinton wins, 35-14.

Not fabricated at all. They are saying we have not beaten anyone. You have to remember that a former CHS student/athlete is now a Panther. Word travels fast these days. Good luck to both teams. I hope the rain holds off.

Strangely enough, Clinton hasn't beaten anyone. Yes, that probably does come across as disrespect, but you can't argue with these statistics - the Dragons haven't beaten a team with more than 2 wins all season (6 opponents have a combined record of 11-28). We all know that Clinton is very talented, and they have a great shot to win it all. Clinton is just now getting into the meat of their schedule, so we will see where they go from here. There is a good chance that the Dragons will only play two teams with winning records in the regular season this year (OR, AC).

Not fabricated at all. They are saying we have not beaten anyone. You have to remember that a former CHS student/athlete is now a Panther. Word travels fast these days. Good luck to both teams. I hope the rain holds off.

Yes, I know that there is a former Clinton player on the Powell team. I also know that I have talked with Powell coaches about this game. They aren't saying anything like that.

So, what you are saying is that somebody said that somebody else said that somebody at Powell said that?

That's what I thought. You can't name names, so it may as well be a complete fabrication.

With the exception of a few young players and misguided fans, I don't think the Powell staff has anything negative to say about Clinton this year, especially since this young Powell team is struggling. The Panthers are well aware that this is a revenge game for the Dragons, after the 2nd half drubbing they suffered against the Panthers last year. Powell is still having issues with fumbles, offensive holding penalties, and pass defense, which are all signs of just how young this team is. Teams continue to exploit Powell's weak secondary, and I don't expect this week to be any different.

The Panther defense will keep Weston Hazelhurst in check, but I just don't see them stopping Darian Stone's passing attack. Clinton wins, 35-14.

Good luck keeping Hazelhurst in check, the only thing that has kept him under 100 tds this year was play calling in one game (still had 85 yds on a few carries). That's exactly what I would, give him more motivation.

I hope you're right about Hazelhurst, but I'm afraid he will inflict more damage than you think. Overall, I believe he is one of the best RB's that the Panther defense will face this year. Trying to get pressure on a QB can create running lanes and Weston is a big, strong, tough kid to pull down. Maybe he will get fumblitis like Cozart did in the jamboree.