Henry County vs Clarksville

GHS59

Wow the Pats were just flat tonight. Congrats to Clarksville, you guys deserved this one. I agree with what coach Gaddis said at the end of the game. This loss serves the team right. They've got to learn how to play a full 48 minute ball game and quit "turning it on" whenever they feel like it. This senior class has always had trouble with that. They did much of the same on the freshman team at grove. In fact, I don't know if I've seen this team play a "complete" ball game all year. Heck, they were even down against West Creek early. This is probably the worst case situation to head into a bye week with. Lets hope the Patriots can get this thing turned around and beat Dickson County in Paris in 2 weeks. If they continue playing this "we're so good" crap and not playing to their full potential early in ball games, then they can kiss any hopes of a state championship goodbye. Maybe even the district championship if they keep it up against Dickson County. Lets hope this was the wakeup call. And again congrats to Clarksville, heck of a game from you guys.

GO BIG RED!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What a weekend for Clarksville. First, NE knocks off Dickson 26-0, and CHS's defense showing up tonight. I'm sorry, but I have to go in with the name-play as well, what Merry Weather it was tonight for CHS. I showed up a little later in the first half, and it was a knock down drag out every minute of the way! Red has a big team, numbers and talent. I hope they take this loss as an eye-opener. I'd like to see them playing towards the big one. Heck of a game for red and purple! Number 81 for CHS? I've seen him here and there on film, but where did this kid come from? Huge 4th quarter for this young man as well as the rest of the CHS defense.

Wow! What a weekend for Clarksville. First, NE knocks off Dickson 26-0, and CHS's defense showing up tonight. I'm sorry, but I have to go in with the name-play as well, what Merry Weather it was tonight for CHS. I showed up a little later in the first half, and it was a knock down drag out every minute of the way! Red has a big team, numbers and talent. I hope they take this loss as an eye-opener. I'd like to see them playing towards the big one. Heck of a game for red and purple! Number 81 for CHS? I've seen him here and there on film, but where did this kid come from? Huge 4th quarter for this young man as well as the rest of the CHS defense.

I want to add to your Clarksville teams, a Friday night game...Northwest 35 Franklin Co 0

Glad CHS and NE beat the out of towners too!

I want to add to your Clarksville teams, a Friday night game...Northwest 35 Franklin Co 0

Glad CHS and NE beat the out of towners too!

Hope to see them step up and push it through to play in November as well. This District is set at the top spot, but 2nd down it is up for grabs. NE and NW both hold wins over CHS, with the game against each other still to play. Dickson has a tough road with CHS next week and Henry after, adding their current school situation on top of that. Throw Rossview in the mix and we have a lot of football in October to play, and lots of meaning to every game.

Hats off to CHS. Gaddis can say it serves the team right, but it the players werent the only ones "flat" tonight. I will leave it at that. I hope we meet you in the playoffs, CHS.

Well it's just 1 game. And i think this loss could do more good than damage to the pats, surely to God it gave them a slap in the face to let them know that they've got to put forth an effort better than what they've shown throughout the year in early stages of games. Tonight again they started off sloppy, gave up 2 touchdowns, only difference is this time they fooled around and got beat, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to have given up that long touchdown pass on the last play of the first half. No excuse. There were 3 seconds left, obviously they're going to go for the touchdown, so it's simple, cover them! That is the only scenerio in which i would consider using the prevent defense. I wasn't there, so i really don't know what type of defense they were in, but if you can't hold your opponent from gaining 32 yards on one single play to salvage a little momentum, then you really don't deserve to win. Again i hope they get this straightened out, lets hope this bye week can do them some good. And get ready for the battle of the barrell. Surely the players will be fired up for that one.

Hats off to CHS. Gaddis can say it serves the team right, but it the players werent the only ones "flat" tonight. I will leave it at that. I hope we meet you in the playoffs, CHS.

I didn't go to the game but I listened on the radio this time. Gaddis took the blame for the defeat. He said that he obviously didn't have them as prepared as he should have. Most coaches blame the players for a loss. What more do you want him to say? I doubt he told them to fumble, and I doubt he told them to drop a pass wide open in the end zone. Either way, he said that the slow starts finally caught up with them. I doubt he really is to blame for the defeat, but good coaches try to deflect the blame from the players, and take it themselves.

Congrats to CHS. Yall played a heck of a game. I knew this was gonna come soon. I'm just glad it wasn't in the playoffs. #10 was a beast on the d-line. He blew up our left side all night. We have had trouble with the option all year. And the touchdown at the half was because the qb acted like he was gonna run and the corner came up and he threw a strike right to the reciever. I thought shonte looked good throwin the ball when he came in. He had 2 passes dropped. I have always believed in coach gaddis and I think he will have the boys more than ready against dickson. LETS GO RED. We still have a championship to win.

I will say what I have thought all year- Henry County is just not a state-championship quality team. There is lack of chemistry on this team, and the overall talent level (not just because of the loss of Maralis and Dominique) is down from last year.

Congrats to the CATS on their big win. I'll agree with you in this respect Honestly about the PATS that I watched play last night. Not the aggressive team play that I have seen in Paris the last couple of years.

Hello to all you Pat fans been awhile since I have been on Coacht. I don't think Coach Gaddis would take the Wildcats lightly coming into Clarksville to play. Coach Snider had his team ready to go for this one.

Hopefully this will inspire both teams to make a good run into the playoffs.

My My! For two weeks we heard how unbeatable the patriots were, but this is a shock to even me. Seems to show that how important shonte is to the team. good luck in the playoffs. this win throws a huge wrinkle in the 3 spot in 5A. some one just may receive a wildcard because this win puts henry in first, northeast in second, and third will be the wildcats if they win out. Northwest and Springfield may only have a chance for a wildcard. Rossview must win out to make the 2 spot in 6A.

The wild cats can seal the 3 spot if they beat rossview, west creek, and northeast. However, a loss to northeast and the other two wins may still put them in the drivers seat.

Still see the playoff picture in this respect:

5A: 1-Henry 2-Northeast 3-Clarksville Wildcard-Springfield or Northwest (big game this week)

6A: 1-Dickson Co. Rossview may need to win out to receive a wildcard birth.

These final 3 games will be exciting! Good luck everyone!

The wild cats can seal the 3 spot if they beat rossview, west creek, and northeast. However, a loss to northeast and the other two wins may still put them in the drivers seat.

Umm, I'm pretty sure Clarksville has already played and lost to Northeast, and beat West Creek... but way to poke your nose in and act like you know whats going on :roflol: