Daniel Boone @ Science Hill

formerblazer

well i think blazers defense will be a test but if they dont do sumthin aginst the short pass then there in trouble snyder went 22 for 25 with 215 yards passin aginst us SH run wasnt much they couldnt do neything around the ends or up the middle they would put num 70 in the back field and lead through A gap for mitchel SH line is strong but not very quick um Sh has got sum good recivers in num 8,4 but i think he may be out im not sure num 13 for SH is a hot head u get in his head he will blow up and get a personal foul SH d front is big but not very good there slow. overall if the blazers cum ready to play they will win. i no crockett and boone are rivals but i would love to c boone roll all over SH just becuse everyone thinks there so great we prove that there not not takein no creadit away from SH but we got cheated out of that one every nows it. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

GO PIONEERS

The game I watched Friday night the DC D Ends had very little sucess against SH but the nose guard (#74 if I remember correctly) had his way up the middle. Adjustments were made to help out with #74 and DC had no answer for the Toppers after that adjustment was made. You were not "cheated" out of anything as SH has nothing to do with the refs, same as any other school so quit whining and get ready to play this week. Do you know if the picture in the Press was his first foot down or his second? I would need to see the film for sure but remember the Press probably sold alot more papers because they used that picture. (but again I don't know for sure nor do you unless you have watched the film and it's doubtful that it captured the line clear enough to tell)

Are you trying to be funny with your spelling like starsandbars?

You honestly believe the Press sold more copies because of that picture?

The kid who caught the ball in the endzone only put one foot down and that was the foot shown in the picture. I'm tired of talking/hearing about it. It's done. Crockett lost.

Now on to this week's game. I expect it to be another close game. The Hill only took one shot down the field against Crockett. They had long drives....short passes all the way down the field with a mix of a few runs. The more plays it takes to get down the field equals a better chance at turning the ball over. I expect an opportunistic Boone D to be the difference in this game. If Boone makes some plays they win. If the Hill protects the ball they win. Its just like every game, it comes down to tackling and turnovers.

Give the guy a break on his spelling. He is a Crockett fan you know. :mrgreen:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think blazers defense will be a test but if they dont do sumthin aginst the short pass then there in trouble snyder went 22 for 25 with 215 yards passin aginst us SH run wasnt much they couldnt do neything around the ends or up the middle they would put num 70 in the back field and lead through A gap for mitchel SH line is strong but not very quick um Sh has got sum good recivers in num 8,4 but i think he may be out im not sure num 13 for SH is a hot head u get in his head he will blow up and get a personal foul SH d front is big but not very good there slow. overall if the blazers cum ready to play they will win. i no crockett and boone are rivals but i would love to c boone roll all over SH just becuse everyone thinks there so great we prove that there not not takein no creadit away from SH but we got cheated out of that one every nows it. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

GO PIONEERS

The game I watched Friday night the DC D Ends had very little sucess against SH but the nose guard (#74 if I remember correctly) had his way up the middle. Adjustments were made to help out with #74 and DC had no answer for the Toppers after that adjustment was made. You were not "cheated" out of anything as SH has nothing to do with the refs, same as any other school so quit whining and get ready to play this week. Do you know if the picture in the Press was his first foot down or his second? I would need to see the film for sure but remember the Press probably sold alot more papers because they used that picture. (but again I don't know for sure nor do you unless you have watched the film and it's doubtful that it captured the line clear enough to tell)

Are you trying to be funny with your spelling like starsandbars?

You honestly believe the Press sold more copies because of that picture?

The kid who caught the ball in the endzone only put one foot down and that was the foot shown in the picture. I'm tired of talking/hearing about it. It's done. Crockett lost.

Now on to this week's game. I expect it to be another close game. The Hill only took one shot down the field against Crockett. They had long drives....short passes all the way down the field with a mix of a few runs. The more plays it takes to get down the field equals a better chance at turning the ball over. I expect an opportunistic Boone D to be the difference in this game. If Boone makes some plays they win. If the Hill protects the ball they win. Its just like every game, it comes down to tackling and turnovers.

Give the guy a break on his spelling. He is a Crockett fan you know. :mrgreen:

I am not sure of either but the buzz happened quick and everyone started talking about the picture, saying "go buy a copy or look online".

There are some pictures on either tricitiessports or the sciencehillsports websites that were not as clear on the feet but the series of photos suggested that there may be more to it then the JCPress showed as it shows a series of shots on the play. I agree it's over and unfortunate that the is so much talk about one play in a game that was hard fought.

Crockett has much to look forward to for the rest of the season if they continue to play hard and I wish them luck.

well man i appericate it i have watched film many of times and it was his first foot u can c the camrea flash when he caught the ball and it matches up to wats in the paper its over we lost it was just a tough one like im sure just about every one on here has had. so enough said lets jus focuse on this week this will be a gud close game im sure its goin to b won in the trenches and its goin to cum down to turnovers and penilties gud luck to both teams.

I hear SH is pulling out some plays that no one has seen or heard of before....yet no one will say what it is?!?

Have not heard of anything either but it would not be surprising to see something different added as SH does seem to try different formations and plays quite often and like most everything else some work, some don't.

Looking forward to a good game Friday.

I love the crowds and atmosphere compared to what we had to deal with playing in the Big East.

Go Toppers

I hear SH is pulling out some plays that no one has seen or heard of before....yet no one will say what it is?!?

Have not heard of anything either but it would not be surprising to see something different added as SH does seem to try different formations and plays quite often and like most everything else some work, some don't.

Looking forward to a good game Friday.

I love the crowds and atmosphere compared to what we had to deal with playing in the Big East.

Go Toppers

last week the atmosphere was great. home side filled and even visitor side was full. i love the new alignment.

GO TOPPERS!!!!

Oh and speaking of your 97 team.... do you know who beat TN High that year :lol:

Gate City, Science Hill, Virginia High, Cocke Co., and someone else :roll:

That someone else went down to the last play of the game on a field goal...and we blocked it. I tell you what though, It is a good thing we did cause the boy kicking that year could have hit one from 50 easy!

So game day is tomorrow, lots of excitement.... I'm going to pick Boone by 7 and I think the game will be close. I think SH has something up their sleeve...this is a must win game for their coach and their kids. The SH program has been rebuilding and from what it was a few years ago.... it is a lot different. Then again, you know what type of drive this would put in SH if they beat th team that beat DB.

That said drive safe and it'll be a great game in JC tomorrow night!

Daniel Boone 10, Science Hill 27. Toppers surprise everyone IF THEY CAN RUN THE FOOTBALL AND PROTECT THE QB. If they don't do those things, Boone 21 Shhs 7.

That Boone defense is something that has handled pretty much everyone so far. I don't see SH putting up 27 but I could see that going for them if Boone can't score on offense. I'd say it was good for SH to go a close game with Crockett, cause now they know they can't take things lightly.

IMO on offense we kill momentum by changing plays at the last minute too many times, the defensive coaches we face can not be that good as to set up in the correct D that SH has to check off so many times.

The defense has yet to adjust to teams running the ball right at us. An undersized line is good for quickness but not so good when the game is geared towards physical, up the gut running which is what SH is getting a heavy dose of. Why not try a 4 or 5 man front just to see if it will make a difference? If not they can always revert back. There is a lot of size on the team and quite frankly I think the linebackers would be even better if they did not have to fight off so many O linemen.

The kids continue to play hard and don't quit so while discussions can happen on the X' and O's credit has to be given to the players for their never give up attitude. (which is part of coaching as well)

Good Luck to the Toppers this week!

Terrible loss. Absolutely pathetic. It makes me sick for the kids. I honestly don't know what the philosophy is on the Hill. What......four turnovers in the 1st half. Really, really a bad loss.