Oak Ridge vs. Karns

boyfromsi

Ok, time to get this started. We are coming off of a good victory over AC and our next district game is at Karns. I know most people expect us to roll all over them, but the Beavers have shown by their victory over Powell that they can play ball. We are getting good, but we need to get a lot better if we are going to hang with Clinton and win in the playoffs. What say you?

I watched Karns at a preseason scrimmage and I thought they threw the ball pretty well! IMO, it comes down to 2 things: 1. Is Karns able to pass consistently against OR? If they are one dimensional they are in big trouble. 2. Does OR come out a little flat and take this one for granted? Others may see it differently, but I think this was a major factor in the Halls game. OR should have won that game by several TD's.

I predict Coach Blade will have them ready. OR rolls in this one.

OR 35 Karns 14

The Karns QB looks like he can throw it around pretty well. But I watched the Clinton vs Karns game on local channel 12. The Karns line looked really small at some positions. Oak Ridge should have the advantage in the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Oak Ridge has been able to get great pressure on the passer from their front four without blitzing the backers. This should give the defense 7 guys to defend against the pass. This Oak Ridge team gets better every week and should be pretty good come playoff time. But I'm not sure if they'll be good enough to beat the teams from the other region. I'm hoping we'll get to find out.

Darn - two threads on the same game. I'll post here as well.

Oak Ridge might not be favored by 60 but I'm sure they're favored. I understand that Oak Ridge has a D1 prospect or two in this year's lineup. True? Last Saturday's writeup on the AC game talked about a lot of defensive pressure on the AC QB. What type of defense do the Wildcats run? Any standout backers or linemen?

Karns (1-4) at Powell 24 (2-3) - Karns wins 44-24 at Powell

then

Halls (0-6) at Karns (2-4) - Halls wins 39-0 at Karns

Don't know how to explain that ............

Oak Ridge has a couple of kids getting attention from a lot of schools. One is the center/defensive lineman, the other a defensive end. They do get tremendous pressure on the passer with the front four. It's basically a 4-3 scheme, but they can give multiple looks out of it. All three linebackers are very good, especially the man in the middle #47, he's a monster. The defense is playing extremely well as a unit.