Macon Co. vs. Dekalb Co.

Maconrulz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeKalb will have to show up and play 4 full quarters of football. Dont want another Hixson game. DeKalb's defense has shown improvement lately in terms of opponents scoring, their offense however has been out of sink the last couple of weeks. Poteete didnt have a passing TD last week for the first time since his Sophmore year, and only has 1 passing TD in the last two games. DeKalb's streak of 19 consecutive games of scoring at least 20 or more points was broken last week. QB was also only 10 of 29 last week, which is very low for him. Last 3 games DC has only scored 21, 21, and 18 points, which again is low for them.

If Tigers get their timing back down on offense and their defense shows up, Macon Co. will have a tough time. Would like to see DeKalb get that potent poteete offense rolling again in their last 3 regular season games (Macon, Upperman, Livingston Acad.).

DeKalb will have to show up and play 4 full quarters of football. Dont want another Hixson game. DeKalb's defense has shown improvement lately in terms of opponents scoring, their offense however has been out of sink the last couple of weeks. Poteete didnt have a passing TD last week for the first time since his Sophmore year, and only has 1 passing TD in the last two games. DeKalb's streak of 19 consecutive games of scoring at least 20 or more points was broken last week. QB was also only 10 of 29 last week, which is very low for him. Last 3 games DC has only scored 21, 21, and 18 points, which again is low for them.

If Tigers get their timing back down on offense and their defense shows up, Macon Co. will have a tough time. Would like to see DeKalb get that potent poteete offense rolling again in their last 3 regular season games (Macon, Upperman, Livingston Acad.).

macon needs a whole new plan on offense. defence has slowly improved and gotten alot better since the start of season. Offence way to predictable, throw, throw, and throw some more. No counters, draws, misdirection. It's probally for a reason, but i don't get it. anyhow the tigers have showed improvement and have a great frame of mind and that's worth alot for a young football team.

I'm pullin for Macon and I hope they can get at least one win this year. I'm confused about two things. Why don't we show just a little run. There are a "handful" of pro teams that can throw every down with no play action or miss direction. Correct me if I'm wrong but can you name two teams in the last 30 years that have won the state throwing every down...? I'm also confused on defense. Our defensive ends stand straight up and "catch" the man in front of them. No penetration at all. I've never seen a team at any level play this way. I'd also like to add that I've not watched every game but in the 2 loses I've seen these were two problems that have to be fixed to be successful....any comments?

I'm pullin for Macon and I hope they can get at least one win this year. I'm confused about two things. Why don't we show just a little run. There are a "handful" of pro teams that can throw every down with no play action or miss direction. Correct me if I'm wrong but can you name two teams in the last 30 years that have won the state throwing every down...? I'm also confused on defense. Our defensive ends stand straight up and "catch" the man in front of them. No penetration at all. I've never seen a team at any level play this way. I'd also like to add that I've not watched every game but in the 2 loses I've seen these were two problems that have to be fixed to be successful....any comments?

Titan, I agree with that sentiment. Here's the problem: Macon County is just too undersized to compete on the line. They consistently get pushed around by bigger, stronger teams. This can be helped, but not right away. It's an offseason issue that needs to be addressed by getting kids into the weight room and starting on a vigorous weight plan. It's part of any rebuliding project, installing a program that players will stick with. People have to remember that this is the first year of a new system. Does there need to be more use of some sort of rushing attack out of the spread? Absolutely. I think there is some stubbornness out of Coach Goolsby about the run/pass ratio and how lopsided it truly is. Defensively, same problem. Not enough size to make a dent in bigger, stronger offensive fronts and young kids that don't have enough experience to truly be difference makers at this time. This offseason is the most critical, since there is the biggest chance for improvement from year one to year two. Once the kids get bigger, stronger and more familiar with the system, then we'll know what they really have. With that said, here's the biggest challenge for the Tigers: The powers that be will have to be patient and give Goolsby a full four years with this freshman class to truly move forward. The decision-makers at MC have been absolutely awful in this regard. They don't understand that when you are as talent-thin as Macon County is, there needs to be some consistency and a revolving door of coaches will not solve anything.

To the fans of Macon County: A lot of you want this team to be successful, and that's good. But you also are impatient, and that is not good for anybody. It's not good for the coaches, it's not good for the players, and it's even worse for you. Take the blinders off, and take a good look at what's on the field. Maybe then, you'll understand that it's the beginning of a work in progress. It will be hard. Let's take some heat off of the coaches and put it where it truly belongs: on the players themselves. They are the ones who have to play the game. The coaches can only do so much. They can't run the plays, make the tackles, or catch the football. Remember that the next time you decide to take out frustration on the coaches. The players should be held accountable, too. I think MC will improve greatly, if the current staff is given enough time to work with the players. I wish them the best of luck, and hope that they can get out of the hole that they're in.

We all know how much Macon Co. loves to throw the football. Could we possibly see a repeat of last years performance by the DeKalb secondary. Last year DeKalb DB J.J. Herriott was one interception away from tying the state record for most interceptions in a game. He had 4 interceptions on that night.

Macon Co. QB has already thrown 9 interceptions this year. Should be interesting to see if any land in the hands of DeKalb defenders THURSDAY night.

Titan, I agree with that sentiment. Here's the problem: Macon County is just too undersized to compete on the line. They consistently get pushed around by bigger, stronger teams. This can be helped, but not right away. It's an offseason issue that needs to be addressed by getting kids into the weight room and starting on a vigorous weight plan. It's part of any rebuliding project, installing a program that players will stick with. People have to remember that this is the first year of a new system. Does there need to be more use of some sort of rushing attack out of the spread? Absolutely. I think there is some stubbornness out of Coach Goolsby about the run/pass ratio and how lopsided it truly is. Defensively, same problem. Not enough size to make a dent in bigger, stronger offensive fronts and young kids that don't have enough experience to truly be difference makers at this time. This offseason is the most critical, since there is the biggest chance for improvement from year one to year two. Once the kids get bigger, stronger and more familiar with the system, then we'll know what they really have. With that said, here's the biggest challenge for the Tigers: The powers that be will have to be patient and give Goolsby a full four years with this freshman class to truly move forward. The decision-makers at MC have been absolutely awful in this regard. They don't understand that when you are as talent-thin as Macon County is, there needs to be some consistency and a revolving door of coaches will not solve anything.

To the fans of Macon County: A lot of you want this team to be successful, and that's good. But you also are impatient, and that is not good for anybody. It's not good for the coaches, it's not good for the players, and it's even worse for you. Take the blinders off, and take a good look at what's on the field. Maybe then, you'll understand that it's the beginning of a work in progress. It will be hard. Let's take some heat off of the coaches and put it where it truly belongs: on the players themselves. They are the ones who have to play the game. The coaches can only do so much. They can't run the plays, make the tackles, or catch the football. Remember that the next time you decide to take out frustration on the coaches. The players should be held accountable, too. I think MC will improve greatly, if the current staff is given enough time to work with the players. I wish them the best of luck, and hope that they can get out of the hole that they're in.

"onetimer" I agree with mostly what you have said in the previous post. Myself, along with others agree that obviously we are young and of course a new system is being introduced to the players. I have mentioned before I see heart, determination, and improvement on the field. I agree, give the coaching staff time, atleast four years to prove themselves to the players and the county they have what it takes to lead a football program. Personally, I stand behind the current coaching staff here now because they will carry the players in the right direction. For the ones who can never be satisifed and will want another coaching staff next year and the next and the next and so on, go to college get your degree or just shutup and tune in on 102.1 we really don't need your negativity at the games. Now with that being said I wish the Tigers the best of luck tonight and hopefully pull in a win.

1........2.............3................Hit Somebodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy