Mr. Football 4A

MikeWinchell

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the voting were to be held right now it would have to be Rolando Martin of Northside. Although as a team they are not making any noise but his stats are staggering. 6'3" @ 235 1427 yards through six games averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Leads the team with 41 tackles & 9 sacks from the MLB position. Good numbers against 4a competition. Projected LB in college. This guy is a beast! :mrgreen:

If the voting were to be held right now it would have to be Rolando Martin of Northside. Although as a team they are not making any noise but his stats are staggering. 6'3" @ 235 1427 yards through six games averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Leads the team with 41 tackles & 9 sacks from the MLB position. Good numbers against 4a competition. Projected LB in college. This guy is a beast! :thumb:

Sounds like it. Are there any RB's that can compete with those numbers right now?

Mr. Football 4A front runner has to be DeKalb County QB Hunter Poteete. He was Mr. Football 3A Finalist last year.

2009 Stats through 7 Games

Passing

101 - 182, 1619 yards, 16 TD, 2 INT

Rushing

123 - 623 yards, 6 TD, 5.1 yard avg.

He is the player that i've had at the top of my list.

Numbers down a little compared to last year but still up there. He by far had the best stats last year of the finalists, but the popular name won (Zack Rogers - UT recruit, and brother of UT wide receiver Austin Rogers). Also just being a junior last year probably didnt help when it came down to it.

Mr. Football 4A front runner has to be DeKalb County QB Hunter Poteete. He was Mr. Football 3A Finalist last year.

2009 Stats through 7 Games

Passing

101 - 182, 1619 yards, 16 TD, 2 INT

Rushing

123 - 623 yards, 6 TD, 5.1 yard avg.

He is the player that i've had at the top of my list.

Numbers down a little compared to last year but still up there. He by far had the best stats last year of the finalists, but the popular name won (Zack Rogers - UT recruit, and brother of UT wide receiver Austin Rogers). Also just being a junior last year probably didnt help when it came down to it.

I don't know. I think Zach deserved it last year. Tremendous athlete.

No doubt a tremendous athlete. But didnt he even miss a few games with injury. Not saying that he didnt deserve it, but the stats didnt compare. Poteete scored somewhere near 45 td's last year and was on a 9-3 team.

He missed 2-3 games last year. I think the stats didn't compare because he was a reciever in a rush-oriented offense. When he did touch the ball he was explosive.

No doubt a tremendous athlete. But didnt he even miss a few games with injury. Not saying that he didnt deserve it, but the stats didnt compare. Poteete scored somewhere near 45 td's last year and was on a 9-3 team.

He missed 2-3 games last year. I think the stats didn't compare because he was a reciever in a rush-oriented offense. When he did touch the ball he was explosive.

Answer this question. If his last name wasnt Rogers, and didnt have UT attached to it. Would he have won?

Missed 2-3 games and ended the season with mediocre stats, just saying it was kind of a surprise he won but not really when you consider what I mentioned above.