Mr. Football 4A

MikeWinchell

But osk, the thing is, it is NOT a team award. So throw out teams. It is an INDIVIDUAL award. IMO, back in 05, Wilson Cates was 3A MR. Football, but due to the location of his school, he didn't win. He took that championship trophy with pride though. Teams against teams do not matter, because it is strictly a individual award. From what I am told, Poteete should win it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle Tennessee Prospects for 4A Mr. Football, leaders in each category thru Week 7 (10/11/09).

Passing

1. Hunter Poteete (DeKalb Co.), 123-215, 1973 yards, 21 TD, 3 INT

2. Dallas Grace (Macon Co.), 153-255, 1733 yards, 13 TD, 12 INT

3. Bo Wallace (Giles Co.), 99-138, 1719 yards, 21 TD, 3 INT

4. Trox Greenwade (White House), 60-108, 802 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT

5. Blaine Hooper (Creek Wood), 55-92, 704 yards, 8 TD, 3 INT

Rushing

1. William Officer (David Lipscomb), 117-862 yards, 12 TD

2. Bryan Dixon (White House), 115-708 yards, 4 TD

3. Hunter Poteete (DeKalb Co.), 132-655 yards, 6 TD

4. Blaine Hooper (Creek Wood), 80-618 yards, 8 TD

5. Tobias Houston (Giles Co.), 108-604 yards, 7 TD

Receiving

1. Zach Bailey (Giles Co.), 31-837 yards, 11 TD

2. Abram Edwards (DeKalb Co.), 38-635 yards, 5 TD

3. Tyler Manning (Macon Co.), 35-487 yards, 2 TD

4. Jacob Salyer (Macon Co.), 22-434 yards, 3 TD

5. Trent McEwen (White House), 27-410 yards, 3 TD

Do any of you think Zach Bailey from Giles county could possibly win it with 31 receptions for 837 yards and 11 TD's through 7 games? He's averaging 119 yards a game.

I would think Wallace would get the nod over Bailey to make it into one of the 3 finalists spots. There is absolutely no way that 2 players from the same team would make the 3 finalist spots.

My opinion from Middle Tennessee the two players that have the best chance at making it as a finalist would be Poteete and Wallace. Of course there is no way all 3 finalist would come from the same area, so there is not much reason to go past those two names.

Bailey the leading receiver in Middle TN is on the same team as Wallace, and im sure there is a running back in Memphis, Chattanooga, Knoxville, or Clarksville that has got higher numbers than Officer for David Lipscomb, who is the leading rusher in Middle TN in 4A.

So when they name the three finalists in 4A I would not be surprised to see 1 or both (Hunter Poteete, Bo Wallace) on the list. I would be surprised if it was anyone else in Middle TN.

But osk, the thing is, it is NOT a team award. So throw out teams. It is an INDIVIDUAL award. IMO, back in 05, Wilson Cates was 3A MR. Football, but due to the location of his school, he didn't win. He took that championship trophy with pride though. Teams against teams do not matter, because it is strictly a individual award. From what I am told, Poteete should win it.

Kind of funny that you bring up Wilson Cates name. I know Cates went to Princeton, may still be there I dont know. But Princeton has also shown interest in Poteete.

He's still there. Defensive team captain.

Part of Article on Hunter Poteete in Smithville Review Newspaper back during the summer before the season even started.

DCHS Senior Quarterback Hunter Poteete has a lot to smile about in 2009 - and beyond.

Not only will he be the starting QB for the Tigers on offense, as well as playing safety on defense, but he will also be getting a lot of attention from colleges across the east.

Poteete has received interest from at least two colleges, including a hand-written letter of interest from Ivy League powerhouse, Princeton University, in New Jersey.

The Review contacted the athletic department of Princeton University about the letter, and while confirming they were interested in Poteete, they added that they could not comment on their recruiting efforts at this time. A staff member of the department told the Review there would be more information forthcoming as the 2009-10 school year draws near.

Hunter, for his part, says he is committed to studying to be a medical doctor in college. Poteete told the Review he wants to return to Smithville someday as a physician.

"I want to help people and give back to the community I love. Medicine is part of the dream I have to be able to help those that need it. I couldn't think of anywhere better to do it than here at home. I'm going to focus on this year, get through it, and then get on to school so I can make this happen. I have a feeling it's going to be a good year for us." said Poteete.

No doubt a tremendous athlete. But didnt he even miss a few games with injury. Not saying that he didnt deserve it, but the stats didnt compare. Poteete scored somewhere near 45 td's last year and was on a 9-3 team.

POTEETE -GREAT ATHLETE , GREAT PLAYER NO DOUBT. BUT LAST YEAR I SAID HE WAS ABOUT 5FT9 OR 5 FT 10. SOMEONE ON HERE SAID HE WAS 6 FT OR 6 FT 1. HE MIGHT BE THAT BIG IN BOOTS. I STILL SAY LAST YEAR HE WAS 5 FT 10 AT BEST.

ANYWAY WHO IS RECRUITING HIM? GREAT PLAYER . SHOULD PLAY SOMEWHERE IN COLLEGE AND HAS HE GOTTEN ANY TALLER SINCE LAST YEAR?

2009 Roster has him listed at 5 FT 10.

http://www.dekalbcountyfootball.com/

If the voting were to be held right now it would have to be Rolando Martin of Northside. Although as a team they are not making any noise but his stats are staggering. 6'3" @ 235 1427 yards through six games averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Leads the team with 41 tackles & 9 sacks from the MLB position. Good numbers against 4a competition. Projected LB in college. This guy is a beast! :roflol:

Memphis Northside is 3A.

If the voting were to be held right now it would have to be Rolando Martin of Northside. Although as a team they are not making any noise but his stats are staggering. 6'3" @ 235 1427 yards through six games averaging 6.8 yards per carry. Leads the team with 41 tackles & 9 sacks from the MLB position. Good numbers against 4a competition. Projected LB in college. This guy is a beast! :popcorneater:

Memphis Northside is 3A.

You are right but what has that got to do with Rolando? I don't even know if he knows where Memphis is.

:lol: