south football

etmemphisfan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebels have Science Hill for homecoming this week. I haven't noticed many Topper posters this season so we'll keep this thread going. South looked good in places Friday against the Falcons.Some of the younger guys played more as the coaches seemed to be searching for some help on both sides of the ball to make the stretch run into the play-offs.

Not to divulge any injury reports per Comp's directive, but we KNEED to get some players BACK from injury and we will once again be HEAD and SHOULDERS above the competition . :roflol: The Toppers seem determined to throw the ball and I'd say we could be vulnerable there. Ryan Mitchell and his speed will

probably test the perimeter as well. It will be demanding test for Rebel cornerbacks and OLBs.

Science Hill has fielded very good middle school teams in recent years and seems to have a lot of talent in the pipeline. I would think the pressure is getting turned up on Coach Smith to field a winner and soon. The JV and freshman games to follow should give some indication of where these two programs are headed. :oops:

Rebels have Science Hill for homecoming this week. I haven't noticed many Topper posters this season so we'll keep this thread going. South looked good in places Friday against the Falcons.Some of the younger guys played more as the coaches seemed to be searching for some help on both sides of the ball to make the stretch run into the play-offs.

Not to divulge any injury reports per Comp's directive, but we KNEED to get some players BACK from injury and we will once again be HEAD and SHOULDERS above the competition . :thumb: The Toppers seem determined to throw the ball and I'd say we could be vulnerable there. Ryan Mitchell and his speed will

probably test the perimeter as well. It will be demanding test for Rebel cornerbacks and OLBs.

Science Hill has fielded very good middle school teams in recent years and seems to have a lot of talent in the pipeline. I would think the pressure is getting turned up on Coach Smith to field a winner and soon. The JV and freshman games to follow should give some indication of where these two programs are headed. :thumb:

I returned some equipment today and it looked like a MASH unit. I didn't investigate the injuries. IMO the kicking game will hurt us. Stacy was putting some new Calculus on the board. I like Paul and AJ on D. We need the speed.

I returned some equipment today and it looked like a MASH unit. I didn't investigate the injuries. IMO the kicking game will hurt us. Stacy was putting some new Calculus on the board. I like Paul and AJ on D. We need the speed.

Get the film from Volunteer. Speed is good. Speed, getting to the right position and sure tackling is much better. The next 3, 4, 5......are not Volunteer.

This team still has so much ahead of it. I think back to our scrimmage versus Powell, the jamboree and our first game and how we played. Powell is a decent team and they may have gotten 3 or 4 first downs the entire srimmage. We all know about the jamboree (and yes I know KS did not play) and the Knox West game.

If we can get back to that level - anything is possible. I hope the players and coaching staff don't let a hangover from one bad game stop them from reaching their potential. A championship team does not let one loss stop them. For the most part, the college national champions have had one or sometimes 2 losses. In the NFL the Super Bowl winner usually has several losses. The Rebels need to let the loss go and focus on the much bigger stakes ahead.

Back to back to back to back to back! That sure has a nice ring to it - but it will have to be earned on the field every second - every snap! South needs to start building back to its potential starting with Science Hill.

Go REBELS!!!

Looking forward to the game Friday night. We need this one to keep our shot at a conference title in place. Science Hill needs this one as well to give them confidence going into the showdown with DB for the automatic playoff berth. Definitely need to get some guys healthy over the next few weeks before the playoffs begin.

I do have a comment about the AP poll. I noticed that South received a first place vote. Who in the world is voting them #1 in the state? It has the listing of voters at the bottom. Is it a little home cooking by the Times-News? We are barely playing like a top 10 team much less top 5.

Looking forward to the game Friday night. We need this one to keep our shot at a conference title in place. Science Hill needs this one as well to give them confidence going into the showdown with DB for the automatic playoff berth. Definitely need to get some guys healthy over the next few weeks before the playoffs begin.

I do have a comment about the AP poll. I noticed that South received a first place vote. Who in the world is voting them #1 in the state? It has the listing of voters at the bottom. Is it a little home cooking by the Times-News? We are barely playing like a top 10 team much less top 5.

I think alot of it is based on percieved potential. Our potential in week 0 was high dollar. I feel Mitchell will be in the final 4 but nobody is giving them a second thought because of no press. We have had plenty of press. And everyone statewide is waiting just as we are for the Real Rebels to show up and be the team we chisled out in week 0.

I think alot of it is based on percieved potential. Our potential in week 0 was high dollar. I feel Mitchell will be in the final 4 but nobody is giving them a second thought because of no press. We have had plenty of press. And everyone statewide is waiting just as we are for the Real Rebels to show up and be the team we chisled out in week 0.

Maybe we just need all road games. Seems like we play better on the road. Gives us the mentality of us against the world.

I doubt Mitchell will beat the men from orange mound in a rematch Comp. Melrose eked out a 1 point victory in the earlier meeting and I don't see the Golden Wildcats losing to them in the playoffs. There is too much tradition. Henry Co. is on course to challenge the winner but found out they were vulnerable to a Clarksville team that could play a little defense. I believe 5A is wide open when the play-offs start and Coach Carter and staff realize it. They are doing their best to get the players to re-group and refocus for this opportunity.

I will say it is time for the South fans to wake up on this board. I haven't heard too much from them since the DB game and from what I heard about the Volunteer game, it could have easily been 21-21 at half time. SH could be a spoiler game for you all since they have a lot of speed and athleticism like DB. I think we will hear a lot more post week 9 from you all I hope.

Not to divulge any injury reports per Comp's directive, but we KNEED to get some players BACK from injury and we will once again be HEAD and SHOULDERS above the competition . :thumb: The Toppers seem determined to throw the ball and I'd say we could be vulnerable there. Ryan Mitchell and his speed will

Science Hill has fielded very good middle school teams in recent years and seems to have a lot of talent in the pipeline. I would think the pressure is getting turned up on Coach Smith to field a winner and soon. The JV and freshman games to follow should give some indication of where these two programs are headed. :roflol:

First of all comp you need to pay attention we have alot of players injured, Seth, Taylor Rowland, Shanks,. So somebody had to step up and fill those positions don't you think? The guys are bouncing back but there are issues going on with South team that everyone doesn't have a clue about.....