AP 3A Football poll - Oct 2nd.

BCsportsfan

OK,

AE has palyed a very tough schedule so let's give them a nod. However, you are clearly "homering" a little saying Manassas would possibly be 0-6 with that schedule when you don't know a thing about them and haven't seen a single snap. But, that doesn't matter for this discussion because I think you are right about AE's schedule - for a 3A team to play that schedule and be 3-3 with no blowout losses is impressive, so they belong. But your question was if Manassas is in, then who is out. I was wrong about AE, but I still say Goodpasture hasn't played anyone and Mcminn has a 30+ point loss against the 1 good team that they played. You say Manassas hasn't played anyone, but the Trinity and Trezvant wins are better wins than either Mcminn and Goodpasture have. So, either or both of those teams could easily be replaced by Manassas, but still no votes. By the way, the whole post was originally to simply make an arguement for Manassas based on the perception that Manassas isn't even getting a consideration. Again, no one here is suggesting that they should be considered in the top 5, but candidly looking at the bottom half, shouldn't they get some consideration at 6-10?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched film of the jcs-milan game and I watched manassas play trinity and film of a few other games. Milan definitely deserves to be highly ranked but I think manassas could keep up. Manassas in my opinion deserves to be ranked in the 8-10 range. They have a HUGE line and as mentioned before, one of the best individual linemen in the state in oc brown. They execute much better than in years past and they have multiple backs that could probably play for anyone. I honestly believe that when the playoffs roll around they'll surprise a lot of people

Polk County is a top 10 team. Not #3, but probably top 10. McMinn Central is not, at this point, close to being top 10. Hadn't seen Austin-East, but why are they still up there? I believe Milan should be #2 but we will have to see what they do with Dyersburg and Crocket County (#2 4a). No doubt Alcoa is #1. No opinion on the rest.

Gotta agree with you about McMinn Central, they are overrated. We have played CAK, MCMinn Central (and maybe Central just had a bad game, not sure) but CAK is 3 times better than the Chargers. Look forward to the matchup between CAK and Alcoa, just think Alcoa has the edge with their size. Polk County is the sleeper in this line-up and they should finish undefeated, will be interesting to see what kind of noise they make in te playoffs.

People keep asking who is the idiot who keeps ranking Elizabethton #1. Well, to quote the questioners, the idiot is Doug Fritz of the Johnson City Press Chronicle. Lives in Elizabethton (Betsy homer) and gives more print to Betsy and the other Carter County schools and their players than even the Johnson City Science Hill, Toppers and Daniel Boone and David Crockett, large schools in Washington County.

Highly opinionated and won't let facts, experts or history get in the way of his columns and predictions.