AP 3A Football poll - Oct 2nd.

BCsportsfan

OK,

AE has palyed a very tough schedule so let's give them a nod. However, you are clearly "homering" a little saying Manassas would possibly be 0-6 with that schedule when you don't know a thing about them and haven't seen a single snap. But, that doesn't matter for this discussion because I think you are right about AE's schedule - for a 3A team to play that schedule and be 3-3 with no blowout losses is impressive, so they belong. But your question was if Manassas is in, then who is out. I was wrong about AE, but I still say Goodpasture hasn't played anyone and Mcminn has a 30+ point loss against the 1 good team that they played. You say Manassas hasn't played anyone, but the Trinity and Trezvant wins are better wins than either Mcminn and Goodpasture have. So, either or both of those teams could easily be replaced by Manassas, but still no votes. By the way, the whole post was originally to simply make an arguement for Manassas based on the perception that Manassas isn't even getting a consideration. Again, no one here is suggesting that they should be considered in the top 5, but candidly looking at the bottom half, shouldn't they get some consideration at 6-10?

Please make sure you are sober when you post! Goodpasture has not played anyone? White Creek, Ravenwood, White House, CPA, David Lipscomb, ........ child please! Goodpasture goes out of there way to play higher classification teams for there non-region games! This has always been something that Coach Martin has done to get his team ready for the playoffs. Coach Martin does not schedule easy victories! He does not care about an undefeated schedule. He cares about getting his players to play there best football at the end of the year, and the only way they can grow is to be challenged!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, no one here is suggesting that they should be considered in the top 5, but candidly looking at the bottom half, shouldn't they get some consideration at 6-10?

You are right that I haven't seen Manassas play. All I can do is look at scores and records of Manassas and their opponents. I don't know if they belong in the top 10; the fact is that the AP doesn't think they belong. I was just giving you reasons that they are not in the top 10. Just like me, the only thing that the media on the east half of the state has to go by when it comes to teams in the west is scores and records.

What do you think Manassas' record would be if they played Austin-East's schedule?

People keep asking who is the idiot who keeps ranking Elizabethton #1. Well, to quote the questioners, the idiot is Doug Fritz of the Johnson City Press Chronicle. Lives in Elizabethton (Betsy homer) and gives more print to Betsy and the other Carter County schools and their players than even the Johnson City Science Hill, Toppers and Daniel Boone and David Crockett, large schools in Washington County.

Highly opinionated and won't let facts, experts or history get in the way of his columns and predictions.

He's alive!!!!!!

Where in the world have you been?

People keep asking who is the idiot who keeps ranking Elizabethton #1. Well, to quote the questioners, the idiot is Doug Fritz of the Johnson City Press Chronicle. Lives in Elizabethton (Betsy homer) and gives more print to Betsy and the other Carter County schools and their players than even the Johnson City Science Hill, Toppers and Daniel Boone and David Crockett, large schools in Washington County.

Highly opinionated and won't let facts, experts or history get in the way of his columns and predictions.

or it may be Wes Holtsclaw of the Elizabethton Twinkle. As far as Fritz goes his beat is Carter County/

Elizabethton not Washington Co/Science Hill which is covered by Jeff Birchfield, I think. Fritz is highly opinionated but I have always respected his openions even if I disagreed with them. He does an excellent job of coverage of the schools for which he is responsible. Until the dust settles I am glad some sportswriter is willing to give an area school a number 1 vote. When CAK comes to town in two weeks we will know more. :roflolk:

MARTIN WESTVIEW TOP 10?!? THATS GOT TO BE THE FUNNIEST THING IVE HEARD ALL DAY! AND CAMDEN SHOULD BE ATLEAST 3! THEY HAVE THE HARDEST TEAMS TO PLAY!

Hey, I'm a Camden fan, but we're not in the toughest district ever. We need to worry about getting out of the first round before we start talking about top 5 rankings. We still have to play Creek Wood too.

we way we have been playing the past few games i think we can take creek wood

Haven't had our best games lately. Need to finish tonight with Waverly in town and win next week before we worry about Creek Wood.. After that the first first round looms large. One game at a time.