Dyer Co @ Huntingdon Will Be Played Thurs.Night

mrbigster

The Dyer Co.-Huntingdon game has been moved to Thursday night at Huntingdon starting at 7:00..For some of us that likes football,gives us an extra game..I live in Newbern but go to the Lake Co. games so this gives me a chance to go watch Dyer Co. play..I've seen Huntingdon play Union City so the Dyer Co.-Hunt. game should be a good game.!

May or may not be a bad idea. The chance of either playing during the possible start of the rain late in the game Thursday or play on a possible very wet field conditions. Seems that is not an issue with Union City. I see that several middle tennessee schools will also play on Thursday night.

Good Luck......

I'm bebating about going myself..If it was Lake Co..wouldnt care if it was pouring down..lol..I'm trying to keep an eye on the weather..Isn't ti suppose to be even more tomorrow?Anyway...maybe Mustang or Butchie will give some of us an update about the weather around 4:30 or 5..I would need to leave arounf 5:30..

Tonight's two games will destroy the field. Several places are very soft to just walk on it. Not the best conditions for a "scat back" to run on. There is a band contest Saturday on the field and they have 17 (?) bands supposed to be there. There sure are going to be a lot of shoes and uniforms to get cleaned up after marching in that mess.

Will also help ticket sales. Not a bad idea :roflolk:

If I were an athletic director and could get the other school to agree..and knew other teams like Dyer Co.Dyersburg and Central were away.better believe I would condider moving some games to maybe Thursday night..A lot more money and gives coaches a chance to scout other teams..and for fans like myself..to pick the best game in the area to attend..I wish Lake Co would play every Thursday night for that reason alone.!And will bring them a much bigger gate.

mrbigster.. Come on down. Looks like the rain is going to hold off till late. Currently radar shows nothing going on in West Tn and scattered showers in Paducah and Hopkinsville. Maybe we'll catch a break and get it in. I know Coach Paul Ward, bless his soul would play the game on Friday night in a driving rainstorm and hail because he always thought that the Mustangs were a "mud" team and always had the advantage.

Maybe we would have the advantage in rain with DC throwing the ball all over the field but I'm glad we're playing tonight.

Go by Wal-Mart and you can get a rain suit for about $15 and it will pay for itself the first time it rains. If you can't come to the game you can listen to it on the internet at http://www.thefarmradio.com Click on it before kickoff and you should be good.

mrbigster.. Come on down. Looks like the rain is going to hold off till late. Currently radar shows nothing going on in West Tn and scattered showers in Paducah and Hopkinsville. Maybe we'll catch a break and get it in. I know Coach Paul Ward, bless his soul would play the game on Friday night in a driving rainstorm and hail because he always thought that the Mustangs were a "mud" team and always had the advantage.

Maybe we would have the advantage in rain with DC throwing the ball all over the field but I'm glad we're playing tonight.

Go by Wal-Mart and you can get a rain suit for about $15 and it will pay for itself the first time it rains. If you can't come to the game you can listen to it on the internet at http://www.thefarmradio.com Click on it before kickoff and you should be good.

Mr.Mustang, you are so right about coach Ward and all the other coaches back then. Back in the day we played kinda like the Post Office works......Though rain, snow, hail or sleet we played. Guess I played in all of the above in my time. Guess you did too. I recall one game with Bruceton we had postponed untill a Saturday night because the field looked like a lake on Friday night. It was my first game to ever play in in HS. They were afraid one of us would drown!!!!!

See ya'll in a couple of weeks!