Rhea County at Ooltewah

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That little bootleg gets 'em every time, huh, BIPBOP! Great O-Line play tonight. Owls freshmen secondary had 4 picks and the Offense had 2 TD's called back. Imagine that at Rhea Co!!!!!!!!!!!

yes...I remember those days....bootleg,little wiggle-waggle..rhea hates us,like everybody hated rhea for years.SUCCESS breeds hate and joy,depending on who u root for..

Eagle fans,

Let me be kind. We will let you borrow this broom to clean up that dump you all call a stadium.

(no joke...it looks rough)

Your friend,

Phishdad

I don't disagree. It looks bad. Shows how much pride our coaches and administration take in our facilities.

I remember playing there once in highschool,and going over as a casual fan and observer,used to love it over there clean,backdrop of mtns,good-looking country girls,friendly fans(agressive,but friendly)..now reminds me of howard high's field or the dump at brainerd high or lifeless and dark like tyner's field.Sad for such a old school power......but,it's Rhea's fault,Ooltewah is awesome,love it there.

Eagle fans,

Let me be kind. We will let you borrow this broom to clean up that dump you all call a stadium.

(no joke...it looks rough)

Your friend,

Phishdad

I don't disagree. It looks bad. Shows how much pride our coaches and administration take in our facilities.

Hopefully you guys can get some fun raising going and get some things done! Dont give up eaglepride. I never realized how bad it looked until this year, went down hill quick. Needs a lot of paint and fence work! :thumb:

Yeah the stadium does need some work. The coaches do try to keep it up, but with not a lot of money it is hard to keep up a big stadium like ours.

I hate that I couldn't make it to the games tonight, but college comes first right now. From the way it sounds the Athens officals were used for the games.

I like Ooltewah's stadium but the drainage system needs some work. Oh well I guess I will be over there a few times in the spring to support my good friend Coach Hitchcox aka Tater. Good luck.

If the coaches wanted to get the fence/stadium painted, the money would be there. People in this county will do anything for football.

Besides that, it's ridiculous that we don't have a track that can be used to hold track meets. The concrete around the visitors bathrooms is in awful shape as well as the bathrooms themselves. Ooltewah has some nice facilities, the visitors side is a little small, but still nice.

If the coaches wanted to get the fence/stadium painted, the money would be there. People in this county will do anything for football.

Besides that, it's ridiculous that we don't have a track that can be used to hold track meets. The concrete around the visitors bathrooms is in awful shape as well as the bathrooms themselves. Ooltewah has some nice facilities, the visitors side is a little small, but still nice.

Yes the track needs to be replaced in the worst way, because it is more of a hazard then a track. Personally I wish the county would bite the bullet and spend the money to renovate the stadium. Because the stadium is used for more than just football, graduation is held there, P.E. classes, relay for life, soccer, and other community activites. The track needs to be replaced, stands need to be fixed and painted, fence replaced, bathrooms upgraded, areas around the field need to be repaved, among other things that need some work. I think they finally fixed the scoreboard. Also if it isn't too much to ask TenCate is right down the street, I would love to see us get a artifical field from them.

I dream big I guess.

The Owls are not taking a hit with the new school... I have to admit that I was worried at first... but after seeing the freshman and JV on occasion, we are going to be fine ...... and will contend for the district again next year

Rhea Co fans, I would worry about the next few years

Well I not to worried about the future. Now next year we will still be alittle young, so not sure about next year. It is going to hurt losing 4 of the 5 starting offensive linemen from this year. The only player returning on the line is a freshmen Jacob Revis. Speaking of the line I thought they did pretty good against Jacques and his tough defensive line. It was good to see Des our freshmen running back do good in his first varsity start on Saturday. The talent is there it is just we are so young. Then middle school programs have got a lot of talent that will be coming up over the next couple of years.

There is no doubt that Ooltewah is going to have the talent and speed for the next few of years. Now I got a question, how many more years does Benny got left in him?