Rhea County at Ooltewah

Thanks, bigbop, for what seemed like, at times, complimentary comments toward our team. But I'm going to have to stick up for Rice on this one. I've known this young man for a very long time. He knew there were Ooltewah players "out" for him so maybe he was trying to provoke them, show them that he wasn't afraid of them. But bottom line is this - Rhea County plays clean ball. Period. That can't be argued. Sorry. You just won't ever hear that said about us. And that goes for all our players, Rice included. Our coach teaches our players to play right and fair and clean. And if they don't, they don't get patted on the back and high-fived. Instead, they do bear crawls and run miles after practice.

I'm real proud of the guys and how they played tonight. They played with intent and determination and I like that a lot.

Enjoyed the game, despite the loss. But your announcer...can you say SUCKS?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although you may of been playing subs, the majority of your first string remained in the whole game. i guess The Eagles werent such a "cake-Walk" afterall!

1st of all:kudos for rhea scoring...2nd:football is football,so,I'll say this....this was an ugly game for the owls. Rhea isn't a good football team.Ooltewah won the game,wasn't as close as some think.Officals,phantom penalities,fumbles being called one way,then being overuled and called another way etc...owls jumping offsides,blah,blah,blah....owls move on til next week. The previous statement about last night's incident..."ABSOLUTE TOTAL LIE",get mad,make up your side of it...it did not happen that way,period. let's go get bradley central!!

Really doesn't matter now but I stand by the account I gave you. I was not there but my boy was. And his account matches up with three other people whose kids were there, including the number of Ooltewah players involved and the threats made so. Coaches were there, too. I don't take kindly to be called a liar. And unless you were suited up in or in the hind pocket of one of your players, I think you need to back off a bit and accept that it just might have happened as reported. And your team's display of poor sportsmanship several times tonight during the game just reinforces to me that Friday night's incident did, in all probability occur exactly as I stated.

although you may of been playing subs, the majority of your first string remained in the whole game. i guess The Eagles werent such a "cake-Walk" afterall!

1st of all:kudos for rhea scoring...2nd:football is football,so,I'll say this....this was an ugly game for the owls. Rhea isn't a good football team.Ooltewah won the game,wasn't as close as some think.Officals,phantom penalities,fumbles being called one way,then being overuled and called another way etc...owls jumping offsides,blah,blah,blah....owls move on til next week. The previous statement about last night's incident..."ABSOLUTE TOTAL LIE",get mad,make up your side of it...it did not happen that way,period. let's go get bradley central!!

Really doesn't matter now but I stand by the account I gave you. I was not there but my boy was. And his account matches up with three other people whose kids were there, including the number of Ooltewah players involved and the threats made so. Coaches were there, too. I don't take kindly to be called a liar. And unless you were suited up in or in the hind pocket of one of your players, I think you need to back off a bit and accept that it just might have happened as reported. And your team's display of poor sportsmanship several times tonight during the game just reinforces to me that Friday night's incident did, in all probability occur exactly as I stated.

Nope..your wrong,whoever told you their version was delusional,I will not argue over something that doesn't matter one way or the other...............the game however is something else,owls did nothing wrong as far as unsportsmen like?#5 rice mouthed all night long...I don't really care,young,dumb fired up kids with alot of emotion..IT'S FOOTBALL,I LOVE MOST OF IT!!!! KIDS MOUTH OFF TO EACH OTHER MORE NOWADAYS..so whatever. Last,I checked Ooltewah won the game and owls would win again,if these 2 teams(eagles and owls) played tomorrow or 100 times thereafter.Your Right about onr thing though owls announcer is freakin HORRIBLE!!! see ya'll next year.............

About a C+ effort by the Owls last night. They just did not have a lot of energy. I know the field was sloppy but it was sloppy for both teams. How many times has the D stopped teams for no points in the red zone this year. It seems like it happens at least once a game. Rhea County you have a decent QB, he has a nice quick release.

On to the Bradly County game.

GO Owls

I guess it was a MORAL victory for the Eagles.

Owls will continue to find a way to win the district and set themselves up for a playoff run.

Worst Rhea Co. team I have ever seen and I have been watching football in this area for 19 years. Rhea County's plan was not to get killed...... a la.... Tennessee vs. Florida.... That's why it is a moral victory for the Eagles.

I guess it was a MORAL victory for the Eagles.

Owls will continue to find a way to win the district and set themselves up for a playoff run.

Worst Rhea Co. team I have ever seen and I have been watching football in this area for 19 years. Rhea County's plan was not to get killed...... a la.... Tennessee vs. Florida.... That's why it is a moral victory for the Eagles.

Quit yammering about it, your hurt pride is showing.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!