Gordonsville vs Watertown

pasttiger

The player that they are comparing, Lennox, is one of the best players in the state. He is better than Ford. Ford is still a great one, too, but Lennox is the better player.

I've been hearing Lennox is "soft" and "lazy"! You would think if he was 1 of the best FCS would not have put 48 pts on the board. Or WHH for that matter...you wait till TC rolls in to H2O. :roflol:[/qu

Lennox is far from soft or lazy. 1 player can't stop a whole team, no matter how good he is. Looking forward to TC coming to H2O, maybe we can make it a game for you.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The player that they are comparing, Lennox, is one of the best players in the state. He is better than Ford. Ford is still a great one, too, but Lennox is the better player.

I've been hearing Lennox is "soft" and "lazy"! You would think if he was 1 of the best FCS would not have put 48 pts on the board. Or WHH for that matter...you wait till TC rolls in to H2O. :roflol:[/qu

Lennox is far from soft or lazy. 1 player can't stop a whole team, no matter how good he is. Looking forward to TC coming to H2O, maybe we can make it a game for you.

Your're right one player can't stop a team, and it won't happen Friday.

I look for Gville to come out with an attitude that they haven't had all year.

If the RB's run hard(all of them), if the receivers don't jog in their routes, if the line stays on their blocks, and if the defense wraps up, we win by two scores.

I don't know if I can stand to lose to Watertown two years in a row. I won't be able to take the Watertown gum flappers at work.

Your're right one player can't stop a team, and it won't happen Friday.

I look for Gville to come out with an attitude that they haven't had all year.

If the RB's run hard(all of them), if the receivers don't jog in their routes, if the line stays on their blocks, and if the defense wraps up, we win by two scores.

I don't know if I can stand to lose to Watertown two years in a row. I won't be able to take the Watertown gum flappers at work.

That's alot of if's

The cupcake schedule that everyone refers to Watertown having is basically the same schedule that everyone in the district has to play with the exception of two non-district games. The talent level between the top teams and the bottom teams is just larger this year than in years past. Watertown and Gordonsville game will come down to who wins turnover battle, field position, penalties, and big plays. It looks like both of these teams are fairly even from a talent standpoint and hopefully this will be one of the few games that's not a blow out.

Watertown likes to throw the ball, and Gville's pass defense hasn't been that bad this year.

Holycross, for the most part, had padded his stats against weak teams. I think he had 3 yards on 9 carries against Friendship. Then again, we're not Friendship.

Hopefully Gville won't try to get too cute on defense. I think H2O has bee lining Lennox up in the backfield some to lead block. I'm interested to see that. Gville done it with Sims a couple of years ago.

Watertown's looking to make it two in a row, I don't know how long it's been since they've beat Gville twice in a row, but they're going to have to wait longer.

28-14 Gville.

Watertown likes to throw the ball, and Gville's pass defense hasn't been that bad this year.

Holycross, for the most part, had padded his stats against weak teams. I think he had 3 yards on 9 carries against Friendship. Then again, we're not Friendship.

Hopefully Gville won't try to get too cute on defense. I think H2O has bee lining Lennox up in the backfield some to lead block. I'm interested to see that. Gville done it with Sims a couple of years ago.

Watertown's looking to make it two in a row, I don't know how long it's been since they've beat Gville twice in a row, but they're going to have to wait longer.

28-14 Gville.

Croz, the last time Watertown beat G'ville two in a row 90-91. FYI series stats -W'town 31 wins, G'ville 37 wins, 2 ties in the regular season. G'ville has 1 bowl win and 1 play-off win. There has also been 3 overtime games in '79, '82 and '07. G'ville winning each game. Oh, by the way, W'town beat G'ville 74-0 in '39 at G'ville.

28-14 Gville.

Croz, the last time Watertown beat G'ville two in a row 90-91. FYI series stats -W'town 31 wins, G'ville 37 wins, 2 ties in the regular season. G'ville has 1 bowl win and 1 play-off win. There has also been 3 overtime games in '79, '82 and '07. G'ville winning each game. Oh, by the way, W'town beat G'ville 74-0 in '39 at G'ville.

I know that in the 60's and 70's Watertown won a lot of games against Gville. Younger people would probably think that the series would be more lopsided in Gville's favor. I also know some people that lived about 6 miles from Gordonsville, but went to school at Watertown for the sake of playing football. That was back in the 70's when Brownie Robinson was the coach.

28-14 Gville.

I know that in the 60's and 70's Watertown won a lot of games against Gville. Younger people would probably think that the series would be more lopsided in Gville's favor. I also know some people that lived about 6 miles from Gordonsville, but went to school at Watertown for the sake of playing football. That was back in the 70's when Brownie Robinson was the coach.

These teams didn't play '69-'75. Don't know why. G'ville diffently had the upper hand last 30 years. Brownie was a character. Never got to play for him, but used to haul hay for him every summer.

G-ville dont have the heart that Watertown Tigers have this year, We have lost to 2 good teams this year ,F-ship and WhiteHouse Heritage both only have one loss apeice . F-ship lost to the State Champs TC and White house lost to JoByrns the state runner ups who r still underfeated. And all four teams are ranked in the top 10 in the state. Blaze was on fire last year and we give him many props but we are better this year and more balance with the skill people that we have now. RB Holycross has average at lest 200 plus yards per game before the friendship Game and we are a Spread Passing Team. When ever you hit Gville in the mouth they Laydown and play Heartless.But they will be a State Contender the next 3yrs along With Watertown, we are coming for that Gold Ball ! Dont play- N Da-WATER ! Pure redemption after taking a Whooping from friendship. WHS wins by 21

Actually, WHH got creamed by Forrest last week. Obviously not as good as first thought.

Did the G-ville Qb from a couple of years ago ever play any college ball? I want to say his last name was Smith. I saw him in a scrimmage we had with them and he was amazing!