Camden @ Cheatham Co

Lions4ever

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one more day to go then the matchup of CC and the Lions starts up. Can't wait unfortunately I can't make it to this one, but i will be at thge Creekwood game.

As far as playoffs goes, I think as long as Camden plays the game the way they are coached and capable of playing a face off Bulldogs vs. Lions is entirely possible. I saw Milan play Ripley and the closest the score was in that game was before first half kickoff. I realize that Ripley is not a good measuring stick, but I can say that speed will not be the problem. Milan has a lot of size and this is where my concerns kick in. I think Camden has a great shot of beating the dogs though, because Milan's biggest weakness from I could see was their QB. He's fast, but he makes poor decisions when he's pressured. Just watch out cause he can be shifty and he's not afraid to run.

Game time forecast: low of 39F tonight, 20% chance of rain, winds 5-10 from the NW...

IT'S PLAYOFF WEATHER YA'LL!

Man, this is what football weather is S'POSED to be like! That 95F August Week 0 mess with players falling out due to the heat, refs having to add in "Water Breaks" is just not right!

Looking forward to a great game tonight with no injuries. Hope fans from both teams will show up in breezy Ashland City...

GO LIONS!

http://www.camdenlions.com

Camden 26

Cheatham Co 6

Had to be the worst field condition I've seen in YEARS. Fortunate neither team had any major injuries (that I'm aware of anyway) in those kind of conditions. Not much anyone can say about this one except thank goodness it's done and let's hope that's the last mud wrestling the Lions have to do this season. Save it for the professionals in string bikinis, they are much better at it :roflol: Go LIONS!

The soccer match on Tuesday night in the rain really did a number on the field and after the year ends it's going to be in awful shape considering the Cubs still have 2 more home games remaining this season. I am proud of the way that the Cubs fought tonight against one of the state's Top 5 teams in all of Class 3A. Mitchell Potts did a fine job in his 1st start as the Cubs quarterback. Thatcher Brinkley & Devin Conner both made nice blocks and both had nice grabs from their wide out positions. On defense I thought the Cubs played hard and held their own for the longest against Camden's high powered offense. #12, #9, #15, #11, & #41 are all great players for the Lions. Up front Camden is a really good football team. I thought that #74, #75, & #79 were all impact players in the trenches. For a team to be able to beat Camden this year they are going to have to be able to play physical up front as well as be able to match up with the Lions athletically. Camden could be a team that we all see playing on the Friday night of Thanksgiving Weekend. They are very good and very well coached!!!

Can't wait to see the young Cubs back in action next week at home versus Waverly Central. Only 2 more games remaining for seniors Brady White, Jameson Ragsdale, & Randall Greer. Homecoming & Senior Night. Let's make them both count boys :roflol:

The soccer match on Tuesday night in the rain really did a number on the field and after the year ends it's going to be in awful shape considering the Cubs still have 2 more home games remaining this season. I am proud of the way that the Cubs fought tonight against one of the state's Top 5 teams in all of Class 3A. Mitchell Potts did a fine job in his 1st start as the Cubs quarterback. Thatcher Brinkley & Devin Conner both made nice blocks and both had nice grabs from their wide out positions. On defense I thought the Cubs played hard and held their own for the longest against Camden's high powered offense. #12, #9, #15, #11, & #41 are all great players for the Lions. Up front Camden is a really good football team. I thought that #74, #75, & #79 were all impact players in the trenches. For a team to be able to beat Camden this year they are going to have to be able to play physical up front as well as be able to match up with the Lions athletically. Camden could be a team that we all see playing on the Friday night of Thanksgiving Weekend. They are very good and very well coached!!!

Can't wait to see the young Cubs back in action next week at home versus Waverly Central. Only 2 more games remaining for seniors Brady White, Jameson Ragsdale, & Randall Greer. Homecoming & Senior Night. Let's make them both count boys :roflol:

HDIK...sorry I missed you. Rode with kin folk...arrived late, left early. Catch ya next year at our place. Your Cubs played with a lot of heart and the Coach had the players fired up! Good to see...they should become a force with a little more time.

Congrats to the 9-0 Lions in the 2009 Cheatham County Mud Bowl. I would hate to be on the turf management team to try to get that field ready for next week. You will need a steam roller and some sod to fix that! Cheatham played with desire and determination but Camden had too many playmakers. GL Cheatham with the rest of the season. Creekwood you are on the clock!