Page Lady Patriots

coloma20

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a preseason post someone posted that the team with the most girls from Brentwood Soccer Club Premier Teams should do well this season. Well Page HS has one player from BWSC 93 girls Premier and three players from BWSC 95 girls Premier. Page's roster is filled with other talented girls too. They are for real.

bbsfan, who would they face in sectionals this year? I saw in the article that they made it to sectionals 3 years, but were knocked out. With all of the re-classification, I am curious if they will advance through this season. It looks like they have some very talented players to do so. I will be interested to see how they face against a tougher opponent, though. You have to admit they haven't been "put to the test" yet.

If I'm not mistaken, if they do make it to their Region finals (which, having played them, I fully expect them to do), wouldn't they play a team from Region 5 in sectionals.

District 9 is metro Nashville...CPA, Hume-Fogg, David Lipscomb. The top teams in District 10 are Harpeth, White House, and Montgomery Central. Historically, District 9 has owned this region and usually send the representatives to sectionals.

In other words, I think they've got a pretty good shot of getting over the Sectional hump.

I don't have a clue how all that sub-state, etc. works where Page plays, but in looking at Eurosports (use if when one can), there is night and day between the top 4 ranked teams and 5 & 6 IMO. If they have to play the teams they have scored 100 goals on to advance they will, but when they hit any of the top 4, BYE, BYE. :roll:

The only thing disappointing to me is the fact that people make comments about things they know little about. I see a number of ignorant comments on this thread. I don't personally know Coach Wade but I have heard great things about his sportsmanship and the reputation of the Lady Patriots.

Myth #1 (spread by CHAMPDDS): Scores such as 15-0 Cornersville and 14-0 Cane Ridge are "running up the score" and "boosting stats for the star players."

Response: I watched the Cane Ridge match and have received details about the Cornersville match. These teams wouldn't compete with most JV teams in Tennessee. It's nearly impossible not to score against them unless you intentionally declined wide open shots, which to me would be more embarrassing. Stat boosting? The last 10 goals scored by Page vs. Cornersville were notched by JV players, freshmen, and defenders who never get to play offense. Same thing in the Cane Ridge match. Their big star Kate Maguigan could score 10 against these teams but I hear her coach limits her to 2 or 3 per match. Stat boosting? I think not.

Don't blame Page for being moved from the Nashville district (most elite A-AA district in TN) to the rural district between Williamson County and Alabama where they have no choice but to play 5 or 6 cream puffs every year. They didn't want to move. I also have it on very good authority that Page wanted to play FRA, Harpeth Hall, CPA, Father Ryan, Hendersonville, and DCA and none of those schools even responded to Coach Wade's requests for a match.

Myth #2 (spread by chesshistory): Page allegedly lost to St. Cecilia.

Page did not lose to St. Cecilia. Page finished 1st in their division of the Ladies Championship Tournament and couldn't wait to play powerhouse USJ in the finals. USJ refused and drove back to Jackson (talk about a lack of sportsmanship). So the tournament director asked Page if they wanted to play St. Cecilia in a shootout (or they could decline and take the 1st place trophy). Page accepted the shootout, hit the crossbar twice and tied 2-2. On the 6th PK, St. Cecilia scored and Page didn't. Not a loss, a shootout just for fun. So St. Cecilia took the 1st place trophy and Page took runner-up when they could have declined to play St. Cecilia altogether. Common opponents? St. Cecilia tied Henry County and Hume-Fogg. Page dominated both teams. Draw your own conclusion about which team is better.

Myth #3 (spread by goaliefan): Page lost to Station Camp.

They did, without the '08 leading scorer in the nation (fall season) Kate Maguigan and another starter missing. However, even of Page had those two players Station Camp was very impressive and likely would have won by 1 or 2. This is the only other time I have seen Page play this year. But Station Camp is AAA. Apples and oranges my friend.

However goaliefan, did you notice the % symbol next to that match on Eurosport? It means pre-season. Those games don't count against a team's record.

Analysis: I agree that Page is not in the same league with the Top 4 teams in the state, nor do they pretend to be. They know their place in the universe (although they were leading CPA last season 2-0 and ended up losing 3-2; Page only lost 1 starter to graduation, so maybe they are in the same league with CPA). What Page does know is that TSSAA stuck them in perhaps the weakest district in the state and that trying to get Tennessee's top teams to fill out the rest of their schedule is like pulling teeth. If you want to play them in 2010, email their coach. He'll gladly take on anyone. But don't be judgmental when you do not know all the facts.

Question about regions and sub-state: I imagine Page will play Columbia Academy and Giles County (2 very good teams) in Region 6 and then host #8 Goodpasture in sub-state. So making state is likely but Page will be tested before that point. If they do qualify, they've earned the right to be in Chattanooga. But they'll have trouble with a Notre Dame or CAK (as would just about any team).

Any comments about the fact that two unranked A-AA teams always advance from West Tennessee to state but several Top 10 teams from the Nashville district must be eliminated? Not everyone in Chattanooga deserves to be there and not everyone who deserves to be there is in Chattanooga.

Conclusion: When you're on top, everyone wants to knock you down. Ignore the negative comments Page. Just do your thing.

In checking Eurosport this morning, I see the following:

#1 CAK didn't schedule a single ranked team in A-AA (the only Top 11 team guilty of this).

Page scheduled 2 ranked teams (although Hume-Fogg and Giles have mysteriously disappeared from the Top 11, a decision with which I disagree).

#3 CPA scheduled non-district pansies Friendship Christian, Whites Creek, Nashville Christian, and LaVergne and slaughtered all 4 teams. Why schedule them?

#5 Greeneville defeated Cumberland Gap 18-0, To-Be-Announced 12-0, Cosby 11-0, and Cordova and Chuckey-Doak 10-0. 18-0? Now THAT'S running up the score!!!

I guess someone better start negative threads against all three of those teams! CHAMPDDS, would you like to do the honors with all that free time you have?

Note: Page only loses 1 starter after this season. Watch out in 2010!

In checking Eurosport this morning, I see the following:

#1 CAK didn't schedule a single ranked team in A-AA (the only Top 11 team guilty of this).

Page scheduled 2 ranked teams (although Hume-Fogg and Giles have mysteriously disappeared from the Top 11, a decision with which I disagree).

#3 CPA scheduled non-district pansies Friendship Christian, Whites Creek, Nashville Christian, and LaVergne and slaughtered all 4 teams. Why schedule them?

#5 Greeneville defeated Cumberland Gap 18-0, To-Be-Announced 12-0, Cosby 11-0, and Cordova and Chuckey-Doak 10-0. 18-0? Now THAT'S running up the score!!!

I guess someone better start negative threads against all three of those teams! CHAMPDDS, would you like to do the honors with all that free time you have?

Note: Page only loses 1 starter after this season. Watch out in 2010!

What, you are seriously contesting the strength of CAK's non district schedule? You are correct that Bearden, Dobbyns Bennett, GPS, Farragut, Maryville, Collierville aren't ranked A/AA teams, however.

CAK has a very challenging schedule, and has DEFINITELY proven themselves! My comment regarding their schedule is sarcasm and pertains to how petty some of these posts can be. If one wants to pick out random scores between Page and their weak district opponents that they are mandated to play, why don't we question why CAK didn't schedule Notre Dame, CCS, or CPA to prove themselves in A-AA?

The answer is simple. Both are ludicrous. Let these teams prove themselves in Regionals, Sectionals, and State. Don't whine about the regular season and various comparisons.

CAK has a very challenging schedule, and has DEFINITELY proven themselves! My comment regarding their schedule is sarcasm and pertains to how petty some of these posts can be. If one wants to pick out random scores between Page and their weak district opponents that they are mandated to play, why don't we question why CAK didn't schedule Notre Dame, CCS, or CPA to prove themselves in A-AA?

The answer is simple. Both are ludicrous. Let these teams prove themselves in Regionals, Sectionals, and State. Don't whine about the regular season and various comparisons.

Gotcha...

I was just about to post that being undefeated or playing a hard (or easy schedule) will all be sorted out come 3 weeks from now.

The only thing disappointing to me is the fact that people make comments about things they know little about. I see a number of ignorant comments on this thread. I don't personally know Coach Wade but I have heard great things about his sportsmanship and the reputation of the Lady Patriots.

Myth #1 (spread by CHAMPDDS): Scores such as 15-0 Cornersville and 14-0 Cane Ridge are "running up the score" and "boosting stats for the star players."

Response: I watched the Cane Ridge match and have received details about the Cornersville match. These teams wouldn't compete with most JV teams in Tennessee. It's nearly impossible not to score against them unless you intentionally declined wide open shots, which to me would be more embarrassing. Stat boosting? The last 10 goals scored by Page vs. Cornersville were notched by JV players, freshmen, and defenders who never get to play offense. Same thing in the Cane Ridge match. Their big star Kate Maguigan could score 10 against these teams but I hear her coach limits her to 2 or 3 per match. Stat boosting? I think not.

Don't blame Page for being moved from the Nashville district (most elite A-AA district in TN) to the rural district between Williamson County and Alabama where they have no choice but to play 5 or 6 cream puffs every year. They didn't want to move. I also have it on very good authority that Page wanted to play FRA, Harpeth Hall, CPA, Father Ryan, Hendersonville, and DCA and none of those schools even responded to Coach Wade's requests for a match.

Page did not lose to St. Cecilia. Page finished 1st in their division of the Ladies Championship Tournament and couldn't wait to play powerhouse USJ in the finals. USJ refused and drove back to Jackson (talk about a lack of sportsmanship). So the tournament director asked Page if they wanted to play St. Cecilia in a shootout (or they could decline and take the 1st place trophy). Page accepted the shootout, hit the crossbar twice and tied 2-2. On the 6th PK, St. Cecilia scored and Page didn't. Not a loss, a shootout just for fun. So St. Cecilia took the 1st place trophy and Page took runner-up when they could have declined to play St. Cecilia altogether. Common opponents? St. Cecilia tied Henry County and Hume-Fogg. Page dominated both teams. Draw your own conclusion about which team is better.

They did, without the '08 leading scorer in the nation (fall season) Kate Maguigan and another starter missing. However, even of Page had those two players Station Camp was very impressive and likely would have won by 1 or 2. This is the only other time I have seen Page play this year. But Station Camp is AAA. Apples and oranges my friend.

However goaliefan, did you notice the % symbol next to that match on Eurosport? It means pre-season. Those games don't count against a team's record.

Analysis: I agree that Page is not in the same league with the Top 4 teams in the state, nor do they pretend to be. They know their place in the universe (although they were leading CPA last season 2-0 and ended up losing 3-2; Page only lost 1 starter to graduation, so maybe they are in the same league with CPA). What Page does know is that TSSAA stuck them in perhaps the weakest district in the state and that trying to get Tennessee's top teams to fill out the rest of their schedule is like pulling teeth. If you want to play them in 2010, email their coach. He'll gladly take on anyone. But don't be judgmental when you do not know all the facts.

Question about regions and sub-state: I imagine Page will play Columbia Academy and Giles County (2 very good teams) in Region 6 and then host #8 Goodpasture in sub-state. So making state is likely but Page will be tested before that point. If they do qualify, they've earned the right to be in Chattanooga. But they'll have trouble with a Notre Dame or CAK (as would just about any team).

Any comments about the fact that two unranked A-AA teams always advance from West Tennessee to state but several Top 10 teams from the Nashville district must be eliminated? Not everyone in Chattanooga deserves to be there and not everyone who deserves to be there is in Chattanooga.

Conclusion: When you're on top, everyone wants to knock you down. Ignore the negative comments Page. Just do your thing.

I would love to hear more details regarding why USJ opted to not continue ? Did they offer any strong reasoning ? And to be honest, a shootout to determine a 'winner' seems just plain silly in that situation...especially regarding the conclusions drawn when looking at the 'winner' ?

D

Oh my! Oh my?

You have just created the longest rebuttal in Coach T history for some someone who does not know the coach or has only seen one game. I think if you have 20 or so minutes, you might want to go read this aloud and alone or phone a friend and read to them and see if you would really want these words on your soccer tombstone. While many will not believe what I am about to say, but I am barkless!!!! :thumb: