Page Lady Patriots

coloma20

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the "official" match report from TSSAA.org website:

SHOTS: Greeneville - 13; Page - 7.

SAVES: Greeneville - 4 (Alyssa Crum); Page - 9 (Katie Wright).

FOULS: Greeneville - 2; Page - 3.

CORNER KICKS: Greeneville - 4; Page - 6.

GOALS: Greeneville - Becca Willett (22:05, Unassisted); Greeneville - Taylor Long (74:00, Unassisted).

RECORDS: Greeneville (18-5-1); Page (21-1).

Slightly lower number of shots versus Knoxville paper....but it still shows them doubling the amount of Page's shots....and there is no differentation between Shots and Shots on goal on the site.....so don't know what is posted here.....I assume this is just shots based on the stats reported for saves

I've seen a lot of chatter about #6-ranked Page being overrated.

After reviewing stats on the Tennessean website:

They played #11 Spring Hill, outshot them 16-4, led 4-1 at the half (then put in JV players).

They played #7 David Lipscomb, outshot them 19-2, led 3-0 at the half (then put in JV players).

On Wednesday from my observations:

They played #4 Greeneville, were even in shots, scoring opportunities, and time of possession, and nearly tied the game 1-1 with 9 minutes remaining.

I'd say #6 is right where they belong. How could they be overrated?

In my opinion, the difference was the fact that Page's 6' 1" sophomore superstar of a goalie moved out of state and an inexperienced freshman was thrown into the goal. Imagine that happening to your team.

P.S. I wouldn't put much stock in those newspaper quotes. When I used to coach, my quotes were twisted around and rearranged all the time. Note to reporters: Use a tape recorder, not a notepad.

Greeneville paper had quotes from the Devil Coach Eiskamp.

http://greenevillesun.com/story/306493

and from that same article:

TOURNAMENT NOTES

* This might be the Lady Devils' first ever trip to the state soccer tournament, but the state record book is littered with achievements by Greeneville soccer.

Greeneville is second in state history in most goals scored in a single game when the Lady Devils scored 22 against Cocke County on Sept. 23, 2004.

Looks like Greeneville has a history of showing no mercy on an opponent....(See Biggest Score This Season Thread, where Greeneville drummed up on Cumberland Gap 18-0 THIS season)...

Sorry, if this is the same coach, this deserves a big BOO ! :thumb:

D

Soccermom:

What is the link to the stats for TSSAA.org ? Thanks...

D :thumb:

Go to each division page and then select the specific match at the top!

For AA/A:

http://www.tssaa.org/2009Champions/Stat ... AState.htm

For AAA:

For D2A:

For D2AA:

Enjoy!

and from that same article:

TOURNAMENT NOTES

* This might be the Lady Devils' first ever trip to the state soccer tournament, but the state record book is littered with achievements by Greeneville soccer.

Greeneville is second in state history in most goals scored in a single game when the Lady Devils scored 22 against Cocke County on Sept. 23, 2004.

Looks like Greeneville has a history of showing no mercy on an opponent....(See Biggest Score This Season Thread, where Greeneville drummed up on Cumberland Gap 18-0 THIS season)...

Sorry, if this is the same coach, this deserves a big BOO ! :thumb:

D

Define mercy...is it playing reserves? freshmen? That same Cumberland Gap team lost to Elizabethton 16-0. And is 18-0 any worse than 14 or 15-0....where do you draw the line? Should we go back 4 or 5 years and chastise every team who put up double digits on an opponent?

I was at the 22-0 Cocke County game a few years ago as my daughter played as a Freshman. Now Cocke County is a school with a student body close to 2000 students while Greeneville has about 850. Prior to the game the CC coach told Greenville's coach Eiskamp they were mismatched in talent but not to toy with her team by not trying to play and score. She felt toying with them would be more embarrassing than losing by a lopped sided score.

The score was 5-0 within 5 minutes. The starters were pulled and JV went in. The scorewent to 10-0 and the JV was pulled and the Freshman team went in. It got worse and the Freshman defense was put on offense and the offense on defense. The score went to 22-0. Their goalie didn't even try stopping the ball.

What would you do under those circumstances? This years Cumberland Gap game is similar as they are a new program. Look at the scores of other teams who played Cumberland Gap. There are many teams out there playing in similar situations. Page and Greeneville both are playing in conferences with markedly weaker teams that they must play. Look at Greeneville's non-conference schedule though and you can see Eiskamp trys to make up for it by playing the best whenever he can.