Page Lady Patriots

coloma20

This was directed to Elmer, who I assume was trying to suggest Page plays a tough schedule. No disrespect intended to the girls scoring or the team. I hope they score a 100, but I hope is in more that 10 games.

That wasn't what I was doing. I don't have a dog in this fight. I was interested in seeing the type of opponent that Page played, and didn't recognize many of them. I also looked at the records of those opponents, and saw that the numbers weren't too impressive. I tried to compare them to some of the stronger teams in the state, and those numbers made more sense to me;or at least were more impressive. i am sorry if I wasn't too clear with that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know who Page will be playing in post-season but I'm pulling for the opponent unless it is the Al-Qaeda Jihadistas. Seeing the Page scores and then reading the article......unconscionable for a coach/program to humiliate lesser schools in order to "set records". I lost all respect for the Oak Ridge program a few years back when they hammered Halls, 15-0, and their studette posted seven goals to "get a record".

If you looked at the Page box scores you would see they score the majority of their goals in the first half. The Page coach uses the second line players in the second half. You can't ask those players not to play hard. Nor can you ask the first team players not to play hard because they know they may only get to play in the first half. Any athelete wants to play against the best with a chance to beat them. That's how they get better and learn to compete. The Page team is a classy bunch and are not out to set records at another teams expense. No offense wiretowin, but you are passing judgement about a team's morales that you know nothing about.

In a preseason post someone posted that the team with the most girls from Brentwood Soccer Club Premier Teams should do well this season. Well Page HS has one player from BWSC 93 girls Premier and three players from BWSC 95 girls Premier. Page's roster is filled with other talented girls too. They are for real.

In a preseason post someone posted that the team with the most girls from Brentwood Soccer Club Premier Teams should do well this season. Well Page HS has one player from BWSC 93 girls Premier and three players from BWSC 95 girls Premier. Page's roster is filled with other talented girls too. They are for real.

bbsfan, who would they face in sectionals this year? I saw in the article that they made it to sectionals 3 years, but were knocked out. With all of the re-classification, I am curious if they will advance through this season. It looks like they have some very talented players to do so. I will be interested to see how they face against a tougher opponent, though. You have to admit they haven't been "put to the test" yet.

This was directed to Elmer, who I assume was trying to suggest Page plays a tough schedule. No disrespect intended to the girls scoring or the team. I hope they score a 100, but I hope is in more that 10 games.

That wasn't what I was doing. I don't have a dog in this fight. I was interested in seeing the type of opponent that Page played, and didn't recognize many of them. I also looked at the records of those opponents, and saw that the numbers weren't too impressive. I tried to compare them to some of the stronger teams in the state, and those numbers made more sense to me;or at least were more impressive. i am sorry if I wasn't too clear with that.

Sorry, I couldn't connect the dots and now understand your point. Maybe now we have them on our radar, we can follow their progress.

Page combined scores in two seasons versus Huntland 26-0, Cornersville 26-0, Community 22-0. How is that classy??!! Nothing against the girls, but if you beat a team 15-0 last year, why beat them 11-0 this year? Interested to know how many KM scored in each of those games. I have watched her play...and she is a good player...unfortunately she did not play in the preseason game versus SC as I was hoping to see her play against a good defense.

bbsfan, who would they face in sectionals this year? I saw in the article that they made it to sectionals 3 years, but were knocked out. With all of the re-classification, I am curious if they will advance through this season. It looks like they have some very talented players to do so. I will be interested to see how they face against a tougher opponent, though. You have to admit they haven't been "put to the test" yet.

If I'm not mistaken, if they do make it to their Region finals (which, having played them, I fully expect them to do), wouldn't they play a team from Region 5 in sectionals.

District 9 is metro Nashville...CPA, Hume-Fogg, David Lipscomb. The top teams in District 10 are Harpeth, White House, and Montgomery Central. Historically, District 9 has owned this region and usually send the representatives to sectionals.

In other words, I think they've got a pretty good shot of getting over the Sectional hump.

A hidden story here is a strong team which has gotten no attention. Page is not, in fact, undefeated; they lost a game in a tournament on penalty kicks to St Cecilia.

Who is St Cecilia? They are an undefeated team from Nashville in division 2A, yet they were completely forgotten in the rankings. They had been completely overwhelming until their last games, in which they tied FRA and Hume-Fogg, teams they seemed like they could handle easily earlier in the season.

St Cecilia moved down into 2A, but everyone out here seemed to think that FRA and Knoxville-Webb were the new teams that would clean up in the lower division. However, FRA and Webb finished 2d and 3d in their division to USN, while St Cecilia was dominant in the other division of 2A East/Middle.

Definitely a team to watch for the tournament; for a change, unless there are strange upsets, all 4 teams from both halves of the state will be strong in 2A, and the substate games could be dangerous even for the top teams.