Marion County @ Whitwell

Bill#49

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to talk now and see who backs up their words with action on Friday!!

:popcorneater: Tigers avoid the upset and get back on track with a win this week.

What are you smoking? Whitwell avoids the upset? You have to be favored to avoid an upset. Whitwell has done much better this year than in years past and I think this coach is the best one of the past 3 or 4 that they've had.. If the fine folks at Whitwell will give him a chance he can bring success to the school at some point in the future... however, this aint far enough in the future... Warriors roll in this one... Even though the Whitwell coaches were sitting on Grace's side of the field Saturday...

Grad I am really suprised you did not delete my post over that comment, or even lock it down. That was a nudge at Bill, in a joking manner, we go way back. You need to calm down.

I am still upset with that coach that coaches Whitwell. I was rereading in my book again this afternoon and studying up about the Warriors players but cant do the same thing for Whitwell since they didnt turn in the information for my Murphy Fair book. I saw Whitwell at the jamboree and then again at SP and they have some real big ole boys but they are not very fast. That new coach at Whitwell needs to make those boys wear ankle weights on Thursday at practice and it will make them real fast for the games on Fridays. Those boys are big ole strong corn fed boys but they dont have any speed. Speed is something that the coach at Whitwell needs to work on. He should make all those boys wear ankle weights. He can get them at Walmart if he would just do it. Let me ask you Marion people a question. Is that coach at Marion making those boys lift alot of weights this week? They need to get real strong this week and next week so they might could make it to the playoffs. Those boys need to lift the weights and it will help them get big strong muscles and get ready for playoffs. Ankle weights will help them too but I think those big ole huge boys at Whitwell need the ankle weights more to make them real fast for the games.

Grad I am really suprised you did not delete my post over that comment, or even lock it down. That was a nudge at Bill, in a joking manner, we go way back. You need to calm down.

I wouldn't delete a comment like that... I know that you and Bill go way back... He and I have talked about that before... I just couldn't let those uninformed readers from parts unknown think for a minute that Whitwell might be "favored" in this game.. why.. that just wouldn't be right... lol..

ok...... dry.gif ..... I think we are safe now.... Done with all the Sequatchie/Whitwell & Sequatchie/Marion chatter now.....

Anyone know how healthy MC team is as of right now. I always like to ask before the game.

As far as I am aware Whitwell should be all go.... Except for John Terry. He was able to get out and play again at the SP game so i had figured that he would be playing last friday but he wasn't even dressed out.... Not sure if he hurt the knee again or if he just wasn't really ready to play at 100%.... So unfortunatly i have no idea about him... Everyone else should be good though.

Hopefully the rain will stop today and we can have a little bit of a dryer field than last week........ I'm sure it will be a mud pit either way. Warriors.... Dont be afraid of the mud.... You'll be covered friday night probably

Old Pirate says that "Purple Storm" that was gathering last year is like a poot in a whirl wind, long........ gone..... Least ways them folkes from Jasvegas musta took cover figuring this is the quite before the storm. :roflol:

LOL yes to hear them talk I thought it was going to be as big as a hurricane this year.

ok...... dry.gif ..... I think we are safe now.... Done with all the Sequatchie/Whitwell & Sequatchie/Marion chatter now.....

Anyone know how healthy MC team is as of right now. I always like to ask before the game.

As far as I am aware Whitwell should be all go.... Except for John Terry. He was able to get out and play again at the SP game so i had figured that he would be playing last friday but he wasn't even dressed out.... Not sure if he hurt the knee again or if he just wasn't really ready to play at 100%.... So unfortunatly i have no idea about him... Everyone else should be good though.

Hopefully the rain will stop today and we can have a little bit of a dryer field than last week........ I'm sure it will be a mud pit either way. Warriors.... Dont be afraid of the mud.... You'll be covered friday night probably

Nick Wells, MC's best player, has been banged up all year. He has played though off and on. Brandon Gibbs got hurt last week, but I believe he went back in the game. Corpio Brock hurt his wrist last week, not to sure how serious it was. They may hold him out this week, but I havent heard one way or another. They will be good to go, you wont here any excuses here like you haven heard all week from the pirates though. Remember kids......................Excuses are for losers!!!

Nick Wells, MC's best player, has been banged up all year. He has played though off and on. Brandon Gibbs got hurt last week, but I believe he went back in the game. Corpio Brock hurt his wrist last week, not to sure how serious it was. They may hold him out this week, but I havent heard one way or another. They will be good to go, you wont here any excuses here like you haven heard all week from the pirates though. Remember kids......................Excuses are for losers!!!

:roflol: TTP, Old Pirate has made an attempt to learn you folkes a thing or 2, but figure yous can't be learned. A close TTP quote......" We (warriors) should never beat the Pirates cause they got all them athletes/studs".... Is that an EXCUSE...........? or...........a reason.....................? :roflol:

Yes this is a lot of discussion over a game from last month but when it's said the loser would win 9 of 10, it deserves a response. When one team is much more successful gaining first downs, and gaining stops to prevent first downs, I can't see how the loser would be that much more favored in 9 rematches. Friday prediction, 34-14.

Not going to re-hash this game like you did but some things that you left out of your rose-colored observation...

What was the total penalty yards for each team? To say that the refs help Marion is rediculous...

The first fumble was not the result of the "end getting there quick" as you said.. it was a bad pitch/catch between a Senior QB and a Senior Back.. Yes, it was a "giveaway"

Had Marion not "given" SC the ball deep in their own territory, it would have been a very different game.

Enjoy the win.. The Indians capitalized on Marion's mistakes just like they are supposed to do. But, yes, I still stand by my statement that we would win 9 out of 10.. After all, we've won 19 out of the last 20!!! :popcorneater:

And I stand behind my statement as well. I am not from Sequatchie County shorty, never went to school there. However bad my grammer may be, one thing is for sure you got the message. You can go back and find my post from last year and find where I said marion would be finished in football and baseball without Meir. He was a outstanding player and most important a LEADER for Marion county.

Yes this is a lot of discussion over a game from last month but when it's said the loser would win 9 of 10, it deserves a response. When one team is much more successful gaining first downs, and gaining stops to prevent first downs, I can't see how the loser would be that much more favored in 9 rematches. Friday prediction, 34-14.

Not going to re-hash this game like you did but some things that you left out of your rose-colored observation...

What was the total penalty yards for each team? To say that the refs help Marion is rediculous...

The first fumble was not the result of the "end getting there quick" as you said.. it was a bad pitch/catch between a Senior QB and a Senior Back.. Yes, it was a "giveaway"

Had Marion not "given" SC the ball deep in their own territory, it would have been a very different game.

Enjoy the win.. The Indians capitalized on Marion's mistakes just like they are supposed to do. But, yes, I still stand by my statement that we would win 9 out of 10.. After all, we've won 19 out of the last 20!!! :popcorneater:

And I stand behind my statement as well. I am not from Sequatchie County shorty, never went to school there. However bad my grammer may be, one thing is for sure you got the message. You can go back and find my post from last year and find where I said marion would be finished in football and baseball without Meir. He was a outstanding player and most important a LEADER for Marion county.

OK Shorty... I apologize.. Didn't realize that I was dealing with Nostradamus here... Glad that you can see the future so well.. You should be able to see that no one from the North end of the Valley will be doing anything in football as far as "state" games... The Indians won one game out of 19 years and now they are world beaters.. Give me a break.

Joe is a talented young man and was very much a leader of the football team. However, there are others here that have that same ability to lead, they just haven't figured it out yet.. Don't be so quick to write us off after just one defeat... Sequatchie hasn't proven anything yet... Oh yeah, if you are gonna keep posting about Joe, please learn to spell his last name correctly.. I'm sure that he and his family would appreciate it... :motorbike: