WHICH 1A PLAYER DOES THE MOST FOR HIS TEAM?

Dabeztndabiznez

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herzog is not even the 3rd best reciever in the county. Tyler Johnson, Krys Cates and Logan suggs at Cocke county are all better recievers than him.

If Robert went to Cocke Co. he would be their best player. He's the best football player in the county EASY! But if Krys and those guys want to come to Cosby and help us out they are more than welcome, we could always use the depth! :angry:

now, are all these kids playing smith co., trousdale co., friendship, watertown, westmoreland caliber teams week in week out. not trying to down any child mentioned because they sound like players we would love to have at gordonsville,but, it is easy to look good against low caliber teams and get no catches or 20 yards rushing against top quality contenders. we have to play these teams week after week year in year out and beat each other up. the 2a 3a teams we play are strong the 1a teams not so good. hope we get the chance to learn more about each other in the playoffs because going against players mentioned on this thread only makes you better. all these kids sound like they do make a difference for their teams. good luck to all you guys, who knows, are paths my cross soon. that should be some good football.

I actually hate this topic cause i think its sends a bad message to the players and takes away from that ole saying " there is no I in team " But we all have opinions and here is mine: WC is a very good TEAM and if one of the players were to slip I think they are deep enough to still execute at any position. From all of the teams i have seen play this year i would have to say that the one player i have seen that could not be replaced by there current roster and still function as well is definetly the Tucker kid from PC. I am not saying that he is the best player in the region but i do think that he is the biggest contributor to his team.

I actually hate this topic cause i think its sends a bad message to the players and takes away from that ole saying " there is no I in team " But we all have opinions and here is mine: WC is a very good TEAM and if one of the players were to slip I think they are deep enough to still execute at any position. From all of the teams i have seen play this year i would have to say that the one player i have seen that could not be replaced by there current roster and still function as well is definetly the Tucker kid from PC. I am not saying that he is the best player in the region but i do think that he is the biggest contributor to his team.

Yeah, I agree completely with the team play concept. Also agree with Tucker from PC, saw him in the WC game he got hammered all night and kept getting up. It looks like he had 13 tackles and may have been the muddiest person on the field.

vince Young, stands on the sideline listening to his Ipod hoping like heck he doesn't get

in the game and when he doesnt get in the game it helps the team

i heard on the radio this morning that it is a head set device to listen in on the offense and was not an ipod. his body language makes you think he is just sitting there.

i could agree with that.

i could agree with that.

well jb has 11 on the field :lol::roflol::roflol:

I can read there kid, just calm down and read my post. I am stateing a fact, one man that is a great player can cause more problems sometimes if the rest of the team starts to depend on him to do everything. Case in point Adam Townsend was a great football player for Hampton, and they started depending on him to win the games. When he went down at Cosby on the first play, Hampton had to become a team (quickly) . The coaches had to do some shuffeling around, but it ended up making them a better team all around. They even went to the semis without him twice. Dont get me wrong he was an awsome player, but if everyone would have worked as hard as they did without him, would have worked as hard when he was there, they could have possibly won state. That is what you look for on film, (the goto guy.) Shut him down , and you win. To be a complete , the team needs a leader, and everyone working together for one common goal, The WIN.

(I will say it, Hertzog is the best kid on your team.)

And that and 9 bucks will get you a haircut.

And all im saying is find another thread to post on if you cant objectivly make a comment.No da that it takes the whole team but the thread was started for opions not how the bulldogs of hampton is coached.All I ever see on hear is how cosby is lucky and every team on roan mountain is the best or should be the best and if they do get beat it was hard luck for them (Hard luck kids i believe)And as far as HERZOG he is better than Pugo will ever admitt since he's not from that way.One on one he's better than most even 3 on 1 just ask the hard luck kids of cloudland. But enough of this my vote is for Herzog#5 from cosby.

So, how did that help the Eagles make the playoffs tonight against Unaka? :roflol: