Question about Playoff Quadrants????

greene4747

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you group them like that, then there are only 3 teams get automatic bids out of a needed 8 teams in quad 4... That would mean teams from East Tenn. would have to travel to Memphis.

From what I gather, they will pull more regionally. Meaning that:

QUAD 1: Districts 1-3

QUAD 2: Districts 4-7

QUAD 3: Districts 8-10

QUAD 4: Districts 11-16

Nearby Wildcards fill in where there aren't 8 teams.

This is what I figure will happen, but it's the TSSAA, WHO KNOWS!!!???

Will the different quadrants be grouped as follows:

Districts 1-4

Districts 5-8

Districts 9-12

Districts 13-16

Districts will have nothing to do with it. Once they select the playoff field for a classification, they will group them in quads of 8 based proximity to each other. They will then rank each quad 1 thru 8 and higher seeds will host. You might have a 5-5 or 6-4 district champ or runner up traveling to a 7-3 or 8-2 wild card, depending on the computers ranking. I would think they start in upper east tenn. and take the 8 closest qualifiers for the 1st quad. Come toward Knoxville and take the next 8. Teams in the same district around Kingston area could go in either direction. Teams from the same district may be split up to keep the quads balanced. Thats how I read the break down.

Districts 1-4

Districts 5-8

Districts 9-12

Districts 13-16

Districts will have nothing to do with it. Once they select the playoff field for a classification, they will group them in quads of 8 based proximity to each other. They will then rank each quad 1 thru 8 and higher seeds will host. You might have a 5-5 or 6-4 district champ or runner up traveling to a 7-3 or 8-2 wild card, depending on the computers ranking. I would think they start in upper east tenn. and take the 8 closest qualifiers for the 1st quad. Come toward Knoxville and take the next 8. Teams in the same district around Kingston area could go in either direction. Teams from the same district may be split up to keep the quads balanced. Thats how I read the break down.

Are you sure about this. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm really just asking. I thought that Wild Cards automatically got lower seeds than qualifiers. Actually, I am almost sure that is right. So once the wild cards are figured out, then the quads are drawn, then the seeding is qualifiers first by the tie-break system, then the wild cards fill in.

So a 3-7 team that wins their district could host a 7-3 wild card team. In fact, I think that will happen out west in 2A.

Clearly ridiculous.

Districts 1-4

Districts 5-8

Districts 9-12

Districts 13-16

Are you sure about this. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm really just asking. I thought that Wild Cards automatically got lower seeds than qualifiers. Actually, I am almost sure that is right. So once the wild cards are figured out, then the quads are drawn, then the seeding is qualifiers first by the tie-break system, then the wild cards fill in.

So a 3-7 team that wins their district could host a 7-3 wild card team. In fact, I think that will happen out west in 2A.

Clearly ridiculous.

Memphis- That is the way I read it... Wildcards are lower seeds...

For some reason people seem not to understand this concept. It is pretty simple. In 3a and 4a there are 32 spots for the playoffs. Once those spots have been decided. They will put them on a map, start on the east side and group them by 8. Giving you 4 quads. The quads then will be seeded. The seeding works like this # 1 District seeds will be seed first based on overall record. Then the # 2 district seeds will be seeded based on overall records, then Wildcards will be seeded based on overall record. District winners will have a home first round game unless their are 5 district winners in one quad (highly unlikely). It is really simple.

For some reason people seem not to understand this concept. It is pretty simple. In 3a and 4a there are 32 spots for the playoffs. Once those spots have been decided. They will put them on a map, start on the east side and group them by 8. Giving you 4 quads. The quads then will be seeded. The seeding works like this # 1 District seeds will be seed first based on overall record. Then the # 2 district seeds will be seeded based on overall records, then Wildcards will be seeded based on overall record. District winners will have a home first round game unless their are 5 district winners in one quad (highly unlikely). It is really simple.

So for a District winner to host a 1st round game, then there will have to be 4 Districts represented in each quad.

Is that right?

So for a District winner to host a 1st round game, then there will have to be 4 Districts represented in each quad.

Is that right?

No, there will also be in some cases where district runner-ups will be hosting first round games as well. It all depends on who makes it and where they are located on a map.

Is that right?

No, there will also be in some cases where district runner-ups will be hosting first round games as well. It all depends on who makes it and where they are located on a map.

I agree jacket. After all 32 playoff teams are selected, it doesn't matter what district you played in anymore. Quadrents are decided by geographical location. Like you said, start from the east and count 8 teams toward the west. Thats quad #1. The next 8 playoff teams from east to west is quad #2. Same pattern for all quads. From the 8 teams in each quad, any district champions are seeded first by best record. Then any district runners-up are seeded by best record. After that, the wild cards are seeded by best record. Tie breakers to be applied in each case as needed.

:thumb:

The problem is is that you may have to split a district up in to two different quads because more than likely Districts 1 and 5 will not send anyone and District 4 will probably send only one team. That only leaves 5 teams out those 4 districts. The next district would be 6 and they more than likely will send 4 teams to the playoffs therefore one of those teams will have to go to a different quad. I am assuming it would be the wildcard from district 6.

:thumb: You are right. It is simple; I can't wait till 7am on the 31st. :thumb: