4AAA and 3AAA Early Predictions

TSpoon

I know its way too early, but I miss talking about baseball. :roflol:

Will Farragut walk away as 4AAA champions again? I am sure that they have just reloaded as usual. Will Catholic have enough talent to jump up in classification and be in the running with the Admirals? Bearden may have lost too many seniors, but they still may figure in. Could West be the sleeper in this district? What about the rest of the teams in 4AAA?

Any thoughts or early predictions? Players to watch?

Will Halls be the favorites in 3AAA with a talented core of returning seniors? Or can a youthful Powell team repeat as district champs? I believe Halls and Powell both return around 7 starters each. Oak Ridge will be very good and should figure in somewhere at the top. Does Karns have enough pitching to go along with a talented group of returning players? Not sure about the rest of 3AAA.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that Bearden will have a tough year this year, they have some solid juniors and seniors this year with lots of varsity experience-especially pitching. BUT new coach and they lost a lot of very good seniors. Farragut has reloaded. They have 2-3 potential draft picks and 4-5 D-1 players. Catholic will be better than a lot of people think. Halls has a lot of people returning. Jared Burton is getting some looks and so is Garrett Gresham. They are both great players and kids. Powell has Austin Below at catcher and has a great team around him. Those two will definitely be the front runners in 3AAA.

I'd say that Bearden will have a tough year this year, they have some solid juniors and seniors this year with lots of varsity experience-especially pitching. BUT new coach and they lost a lot of very good seniors. Farragut has reloaded. They have 2-3 potential draft picks and 4-5 D-1 players. Catholic will be better than a lot of people think. Halls has a lot of people returning. Jared Burton is getting some looks and so is Garrett Gresham. They are both great players and kids. Powell has Austin Below at catcher and has a great team around him. Those two will definitely be the front runners in 3AAA.

While Below is probably one of the best catchers in town, you will see him on the mound some this year too. Powell lost 3 good pitchers to graduation and will need his help. But they do have another good catcher in Tyler Alford. Speaking of catchers. Who will fill in at Halls now that J.D. is gone? If they are solid behind the dish again, they will be tough to contend with.

I think you are right about Catholic. With Anders back, and with what they have returning, they will be very good. I look for them to give Farragut a run at the title. What about West?

• 3 weeks later...
I know its way too early, but I miss talking about baseball. :thumb:

Will Farragut walk away as 4AAA champions again? I am sure that they have just reloaded as usual. Will Catholic have enough talent to jump up in classification and be in the running with the Admirals? Bearden may have lost too many seniors, but they still may figure in. Could West be the sleeper in this district? What about the rest of the teams in 4AAA?

Will Halls be the favorites in 3AAA with a talented core of returning seniors? Or can a youthful Powell team repeat as district champs? I believe Halls and Powell both return around 7 starters each. Oak Ridge will be very good and should figure in somewhere at the top. Does Karns have enough pitching to go along with a talented group of returning players? Not sure about the rest of 3AAA.

I'm looking forward to some great match-ups in 3AAA this season! :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

While Below is probably one of the best catchers in town, you will see him on the mound some this year too. Powell lost 3 good pitchers to graduation and will need his help. But they do have another good catcher in Tyler Alford. Speaking of catchers. Who will fill in at Halls now that J.D. is gone? If they are solid behind the dish again, they will be tough to contend with.

I think you are right about Catholic. With Anders back, and with what they have returning, they will be very good. I look for them to give Farragut a run at the title. What about West?

West returns a lot of tallent. Two top RHPs are back and strong behind the plate as well as at the corners. Will surprise some teams in 4AAA this year.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget Paul McConkey from Halls signed to play SEC baseball with Kentucky. Probably the district player of the year if he plays like hes capable of.

Don't forget Paul McConkey from Halls signed to play SEC baseball with Kentucky. Probably the district player of the year if he plays like hes capable of.

It's a little early to start campaigning for District Player of the Year isn't it? At least let him play in a few games this season before you start that. :popcorneater: I do agree that Paul is a very good player, but let his play on the field do the talking.

• 2 months later...

From what I have seen a few transfers from Dies, Texas are coming into 3AAA looking to make a quick impact .... Jordan Blair "The silent assassin" looks to swing the lumber and hose down anyone who tries to get to the dish ... and behind the dish is Andrew Russell who is said to be a "young pudge" behind the plate... But not to overlook the core of halls who has 6 stout seniors looking to come out on top in the 3AAA district

the two transfers both played for woodlands, Texas. They were state runner up last year and have both transfered to halls.

Halls is a mediocre at best team, just look at their schedule!!! It's laughable at the least and 4 of their 7 wins come over a terrible karns team, and two terrible morristown teams. Farragut would beat this pathetic team into a pulp, especially if Pfiefer pitched. Those "studs" from texas couldn't hold Pfiefer, Delmonico, Bennett, or Williams jockstrap. Have fun losing in region yet again.

Wed Mar. 17 at Powell D W 1-0

Fri Mar. 19 Jefferson Co. N Hardball Classic at Morristown West W 13-5

Fri Mar. 19 Grainger N Hardball Classic at Jefferson Co. W 13-1

Sat Mar. 20 at #20 Morristown West Hardball Classic W 9-1

Sat Mar. 20 at Morristown East Hardball Classic W 12-2

Tue Mar. 23 at Karns D W 8-7

Wed Mar. 24 Karns D W 17-1