District 10AA - Who's on Top?

doctorno

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, who do you like? CPA has got to be the favorite, right? Returning Anna Mitchell in the post and last year's 8th grade phenom Roman shooting the bombs - among other returning starters.

If Hume Fogg's volleyball front line play basketball, too, they are going to be huge!

Don't know much/anything about Maplewood, Stratford and White's Creek.

Somebody please enlighten us! :roflol:

I'm in the dark also Dr. No. I know that Lipscomb and CPA have had success against the publics. I think CPA has the edge, but Lipscomb will give them a fight every game(just like last year). Lipscomb is returning two starters (Bridges and Woods). Webb might as well have been a starter, because she probably has as much playing time as the starters last season. She is excellent and can play any spot on the floor. I'm guessing she'll be at the 4 spot as a starter.

I think HFA is going to suffer without Bagwell.

CPA has two great seniors, and are probably the best coached team I saw last year. I'm doubting that has changed.

This is always an interesting district, and I'm excited to see what happens this year.

Thanks, Redog. OK, so this is how the teams in this year's 10AA finished last year:

CPA 27-8 (12-2)

Hume Fogg 23-6 (11-3)

David Lipscomb 17-11 (9-5)

East Lit. 11-16 (5-9)

Stratford 8-16

MLK 6-14 (3-14)

Pearl Cohn 5-17 (1-13)

Maplewood 2-17

Whites Creek 1-23

As stated here before, CPA lost a couple of good Sr. starters but return probably the best post in the disrict in Anna Mithchell, other very good starters and now-freshman bomber Roman.

Hume Fogg lost the best player (by far, in my opinion) in the district in Maria Bagwell. Not sure who else they lost, but losing Bagwell alone is huge. They weren't a one-girl team (as evidenced by a nice run to state), but you don't lose a player like Bagwell and not feel it. She did so many great things besides just score.

DL lost 50% of their scoring per game, and just over that for rebounding. But, they return 3 of their 5 top scorers plus some very talented underclassmen. If the young players gel quickly with the older players, DL could surprise some folks.

Not sure who East Lit lost, but if they have 8 seniors coming back (can that be right?) they would seem to be a threat.

MLK was coming on at the end of the season. Playing much better.

Pearl Cohn seemed to be heading in the other direction.

Other than records, not much information on Stratford, Maplewood and White's Creek.

Based on all of that, it looks like it's CPA's crown to lose. Hume Fogg and DL should be battling for second and maybe take a crack at CPA. East and possibly Stratford could make some noise. Beyond those 4 or 5 I don't see much of a challenge to take the district.

Well, there you go. That information and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. The Hillsboro playday is this coming Saturday. I'M READY FOR SOME BASKETALL!

• 3 weeks later...

The best kept secret in 10AA was 1-23 last year. This team will compete for the District Title. Don't be surprised, I'm letting you know now, so when it happen I would have already told you so. They have six seniors, a new coach that know how to win, a transfer from NY and a transfer from Shelbyville. Beware

Pearl cohn is headed in another direction and thats up... They will win the district this year, if not compete for the top three spots. with a all around team effort. 6 seniors who lead this team and knows how to play, and talented freshmen coming off the bench.. a 6-3 freshman who plays great defense (had 8 rebounds and four blocks in just two quarters of play against Cane ridge last night). the six seniors are all capble of scoring 10 plus points a game.. They have commited to playing hard nose defense this year and will be the best rebounding team in the district just wait and see.. This year firebirds team will win alot of games this and it will be really hard to beat them on there home floor this year unlike years past

side note: hume fogg did not look to good in there jamboree against hunters lane

We'll have to wait and see on the Creek. I've not seen them play, but 1 total win is a big hill to climb. Maybe they'll be as good as you say.

I do agree that Pearl may be the surprise of the district. They looked pretty good at the Hillsboro play day a couple of weeks ago at A-game. I'm not ready to crown them champs just yet, though. I still think CPA is the team to beat. PC's gym has always been a hard place to win. Between your PA guy talking during the game, your (great) band blasting out the tunes and some of the most unbelievable "phantom" calls any referee has ever made, PC's gym is definitely a home court advantage. :D

Anybody have any 10-AA scores from the Metro Jamboree? DL beat Overton 24-22 (2 quarters). But both teams played their JVs most of the second quarter. DL won't be at full strength for a few weeks. Three of their sophomores who play a good bit (1 starter and 2 subs) are out with injuries. But the 5 seniors started tonight and led the way. Again, if the young girls gel quickly with the senior leaders, DL is going to surprise some folks.

It's gonna be fun this year in 10-AA ... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...