District 10AA - Who's on Top?

doctorno

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

bigchief

Thanks for the correction on the schedule. You are right of course, there are still four or five games left to play. CPA took care of business this week by beating East Lit at home and are now 11-1 on top of the the district. If the standings on Coach t are correct, then East Lit and Lipscomb are tied for second place with 3 losses each. (Did East Lit lose to Pearl-Cohn for their third loss?). East Lit and Lipscomb were scheduled to play last night, but I am sure the snow and ice postponed it. Does anyone know when the game is rescheduled for?

I watched the CPA - East Lit game on Tuesday and was very impressed with how CPA shut down East Lit in the first half and jumped out to a 20 point lead. I was also impressed how East Lit came out in the second half and put the press on CPA to make a game of it. CPA struggled to break the press and turned the ball over several times. They held on to win by 7 or 8.

Gentlemen, there are disagreements sometimes over standings. They are honest disagreements. This IS an important AA District that everyone in the AA State looks in on to see who is ahead. It would take just a little time for someone in the District to post scores and then there is no question as to how this District is progressing. Some may think its not important but it is. So if possible if someone can clear up the standings and if no one knows how to edit the schedules with scores, put the scores missing on here and I will fill in the blanks. On the CoachT home page along the left hand side there is a standings thread for 10AA. It looks that every game in this District has become important and evidently the coaching in this District is on a high level. Your school, your players and your fans as well as AA coaches, players and fans thru the State do loook at your results.

These are the district standings from the Tennessean's webpage. I think they are correct, but if not, call the Tennessean, not me. :lol: Not all of the teams have played the same amount of games due to the odd number of teams in the disctrict (9). The makeup game with DL and East Lit is this coming Saturday (2/6) at David Lipscomb. The girls' game is at 4:00. No JV games.

CPA 11-1-0

East Literature 9-2-0

David Lipscomb 9-3-0

M.L. King 6-7-0

Hume-Fogg 5-6-0

Pearl-Cohn 5-8-0

Whites Creek 4-8-0

Stratford 3-9-0

Maplewood 2-10-0

DL has 4 tough district games left (East, CPA, ML King and Hume Fogg). That's the bad news. The good news is that Webb is back and playing like she was before her injury. Anything could happen in this district night in and night out, but I think it'll come down to CPA, DL and East. CPA continues to be the favorite in my book (something I've said since day 1) - no disrespect to East. They've done a great job this season. BUT, I'll be pulling for the Lady Mustangs all the way.

4 or 5 games to go and the district champoinship is still up in the air! It's gonna be fun! :thumb:

Rough play from both sides led to an altercation with one minute remaining. 3 players were ejected. Two from MLK, one from East Lit. MLK parent was removed for leaving the stands and going out on the floor.

After reviewing the game tape, multiple suspensions have occured mostly from players that left the bench area when the altercation happened. I know East Lit played at Lipscomb last night without the services of five players from Tuesday. Haven't heard the final total from MLK, but I would think they would have about the same.

An unfortunate incident to say the least. Time to move on.

Rough play from both sides led to an altercation with one minute remaining. 3 players were ejected. Two from MLK, one from East Lit. MLK parent was removed for leaving the stands and going out on the floor.

After reviewing the game tape, multiple suspensions have occured mostly from players that left the bench area when the altercation happened. I know East Lit played at Lipscomb last night without the services of five players from Tuesday. Haven't heard the final total from MLK, but I would think they would have about the same.

An unfortunate incident to say the least. Time to move on.

Was this girls play or boys?