District 10AA - Who's on Top?

doctorno

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They split in the regular season. It will probably come down to a good old fashioned heads or tails. :thumb: Several scenarios still have to be played out to finalize it. CPA is 1st and Maplewood is last. Everything in between is still up in the air. We will know more in the morning. See everyone at 7:00.

So the scores in the head to head match ups do not matter in the tie breaker? (i.e. East Lit won the first game against DL by 13 and lost the second game by 1)

As of this morning

1st CPA 14-1

2nd East Lit 11-4 will remain 2nd if they beat Stratford due to beating CPA

3rd Lipscomb 11-4 will be 3rd unless they win AND East Lit loses

4th Hume Fogg 8-6 4th -6th is still up in the air. Hume Fogg controls it with 2 games left.

5th Pearl Cohn 7-8

6th MLK 6-9

7th Whites Creek 5-10 7th no matter what

8th Stratford 3-12

9th Maplewood 2-13 Won coin flip if Stratford loses and Maplewood wins. If Maplewood loses then 9th

Maplewood and Stratford will play Saturday regardless with the winner playing CPA on Monday.

I can update it better after Hume Fogg's game today.

The actual game scores mean nothing. That would only encourage the Steve Spurriers of the world to run a score up.

1st tiebreaker is head to head

2nd is record against higher seeded teams

3rd is coin flip

District by-laws

Thanks. Makes sense. Glad that they use record against higher seed before flipping a coin.

Standings going into the last day

1. CPA

2. East Lit

3. Lipscomb

4. Hume Fogg

5. Pearl Cohn

6. MLK

7. Whites Creek

8. Stratford

9. Maplewood

Tonight's game COULD switch 2/3 and also 5/6, but the others are locked in. Stratford and Maplewood play Saturday at 5:30 at Stratford with the Stratford boys following against Pearl Cohn.

#1 CPA hosts winner of Stratford/Maplewood

#2 East Lit hosts Whites Creek

#3 Lipscomb hosts MLK

#4 Hume Fogg hosts Pearl Cohn @TPS

Stratford hosts Maplewood tomorrow at 5:30

Quarterfinals on Monday @6:30

PS. Just to let everyone know, the new lights have been installed at East Lit. The gym is no longer orange :thumb:

#3 Lipscomb hosts MLK

PS. Just to let everyone know, the new lights have been installed at East Lit. The gym is no longer orange :thumb:

Great news on the new lights at East Lit. I couldn't image playing the district and regional tournament there with the awful lighting. Now if we could just get Lipscomb to clean up the grease on their courts so that players could play with out getting hurt.... Worst playing conditions I have seen in 38 years of high school basketball.

#3 Lipscomb hosts MLK

Great news on the new lights at East Lit. I couldn't image playing the district and regional tournament there with the awful lighting. Now if we could just get Lipscomb to clean up the grease on their courts so that players could play with out getting hurt.... Worst playing conditions I have seen in 38 years of high school basketball.

I take that back. The old Father Ryan crackerbox gym might have been worse where the players on the bench had to put their feet on the playing court because the sidelines were so tight. At Lipscomb, this year, the referees quit calling traveling because the players kept slipping on the court. It was like playing on ice. One athelete tore his acl because of the poor floor conditions. Not sure what Lipscomb put on their floor or how they maintained it, but they should be embarrassed. Someone said that they were cooking chili in the gym prior to the game and the grease was still on the court, but I find that hard to believe.

At Lipscomb, this year, the referees quit calling traveling because the players kept slipping on the court. It was like playing on ice. One athelete tore his acl because of the poor floor conditions. Not sure what Lipscomb put on their floor or how they maintained it, but they should be embarrassed. Someone said that they were cooking chili in the gym prior to the game and the grease was still on the court, but I find that hard to believe.

Puh-leeze. Lipscomb didn't "put" anything on the floor. If you were there you know it was bitter cold outside and there was snow and ice. The slick spots were at 3 corners where the outside doors were. Between the wet outside and the stuff that was put down outside to melt the snow and ice, it got tracked in. Fans walked on the edges and corners of the court and it got slick. You are right about that - it was very slick. However, if you were there you would know that Lipscomb tried to wipe it, wash it, dry it but it was still slick.

The only "embarrassment" on the night was the way the CPA boys coach and bookkeeper acted after the game. You would think only CPA played on the slick floor. Lipscomb had the super secret non-slick shoe goo formula on their shoes so they wouldn't slide. Yeah, right. And the reason the DL boys beat them again at CPA was because they put Flubber on the bottom of their shoes. :thumb:

Back to girls basketball....