You asked for it, here it is 4A Playoffs

Gerry Bertier

For the most part I think it is right. I assumed some teams would move up based on remaining games but go ahead and take a peek. Also some of the geography in quad 1 and 2 could go either way depending on the TSSAA.

Quad 1

1. Claiborne Co.

8. Carter

4. Fulton

5. Greeneville

3. Brainerd

6. Scott Co.

2. Gibbs

7. Chattanooga Central

Quad 2

1. Red Bank

8. Livingston Academy

4. Greenbriar

5. Lipscomb

3. DeKalb Co.

6. Whites Creek

2. Maplewood

7. East Ridge

Quad 3

1. Giles Co.

7. Lexington

4. Spring Hill

5. Southside

3. Liberty

6. Sycamore

2. Creekwood

8. Page

Quad 4

1. Crockett

7. Trezevant

4. Haywood

5. Fairley

3. Kingsbury

6. Obion County

2. Sheffield

8. Dyersburg

There ya go. :popcorneater:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part I think it is right. I assumed some teams would move up based on remaining games but go ahead and take a peek. Also some of the geography in quad 1 and 2 could go either way depending on the TSSAA.

Quad 1

1. Claiborne Co.

8. Carter

4. Fulton

5. Greeneville

3. Brainerd

6. Scott Co.

2. Gibbs

7. Chattanooga Central

Quad 2

1. Red Bank

8. Livingston Academy

4. Greenbriar

5. Lipscomb

3. DeKalb Co.

6. Whites Creek

2. Maplewood

7. East Ridge

Quad 3

1. Giles Co.

7. Lexington

4. Spring Hill

5. Southside

3. Liberty

6. Sycamore

2. Creekwood

8. Page

Quad 4

1. Crockett

7. Trezevant

4. Haywood

5. Fairley

3. Kingsbury

6. Obion County

2. Sheffield

8. Dyersburg

There ya go. :popcorneater:

Gerry Bertier, you have Sycamore getting in the playoffs over White House. That is not going to make the people in BDP land very happy. I love the fact that you are giving Sycamore some love!!!!

I know they are typos but on the lower half of the bracket you have the #1 seeds playing the #7 seeds and the #2 seeds playing the #8 seeds.

The only thing I would correct in the 1st round is I would have Greenbrier playing Whites Creek & Lipscomb playing DeKalb County. Other than that I think it looks retty darn solid :popcorneater:

Are the playoff qualifiers divided into quadrants purely on geograhic information? If so, then Page looks to be East of Lipscomb and like HowDoItKnow pointed out, White House may be a qualifier over Sycamore. If so, they also are East of Lipscomb. No Gerrymandering please!!

-snd

They are going to include teams of the same district in the same quadrants even though they will not meet one another in the opening round of the playoffs. This is something that got noticed after that Goodpasture-CPA game that had to take place in the 1st round of the playoffs a few years ago. Lipscomb is east of those teams. At the same time they will not ship Lipscomb out of a quadrant that includes Maplewood and/or Whites Creek. It's going to be an odd process and nobody is going to have a "real answer" before the brackets are released at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday morning 10/31.

Gerry,

I haven't figured out how the new system works, but I am curious how Gibbs would be seeded higher than Fulton. I know Fulton will swept through their district, which includes Gibbs? All they have left is Carter and Union County, which should pose no problems for the Falcons. Is Gibbs ranked higher than they are in the overall region? Is that how it goes?

I will answer a couple of questions. First, the TSSAA has a wildcard calculator to determine the 7 wildcard teams. If it serves me correct White House was the last Wildcard out and on the website it had Sycamore and Greenbriar ahead of White House in the standings. The reason I had Gibbs ahead of Fulton is because on the TSSAA website Gibbs was ahead of Fulton, so I just went with it. Come the end of the season we know Fulton would be ahead.

howdoitknow, in some cases #1 seeds would play # 7 seeds to avoid 1st round rematches. That is why you see this. It really is not a hard process. Last year in 2A, I had the bracket out an hour before the TSSAA. Come October 30th, I can get the brackets out pretty quick once I get home.

It's interesting that you say a district can't be split. There will be cases where a district has to be split. It doesn't work any other way. If you look at this projection District 6 was split. If you split a district you need some logical approach to use or there will be constant criticism. I say when you split, you use geographic data to make the split. Thoughts?

-snd

It's interesting that you say a district can't be split. There will be cases where a district has to be split. It doesn't work any other way. If you look at this projection District 6 was split. If you split a district you need some logical approach to use or there will be constant criticism. I say when you split, you use geographic data to make the split. Thoughts?

-snd

Here's my two cents worth on this. I won't pretend I know too much about Quads 2-4 as I took my predictions from current standings and any remaining games in each teams schedule.

Quad 1

Strangely enough, this is fairly close to what I envisioned happening. I don't agree with the matchups/seeding but agree concerning the 8 teams picked to be in. The splitting of District 6 is an unfortunate reality because Districts 1-5 really only have 6 (or 7) teams playoff eligible (if all things work out). (My thoughts are 6 automatics and two wildcards) The only way this might change is if Sullivan North qualifies which means probably the Claiborne/Greeneville loser or Carter would not be a wildcard).

Quad 2

Would consist of the 2 remaining District 6 schools (one automatic and one wildcard) plus Districts 8-10 (except for the wildcard that would come out of District 10). (7 automatics and 1 wildcard)

Quad 3

Would consist of the District 10 wildcard and Districts 11-13 (6 automatics and 2 wildcards)

Quad 4

Would consist of Districts 14-16 (5 automatics and 3 wildcards)

Quad 1

1. Claiborne Co.

8. Carter

4. Fulton

5. Greeneville

3. Brainerd

6. Scott Co.

2. Gibbs

7. Chattanooga Central

Quad 2

1. Red Bank

8. Livingston Academy

4. Greenbriar

5. Lipscomb

3. DeKalb Co.

6. Whites Creek

2. Maplewood

7. East Ridge

Quad 3

1. Giles Co.

7. Lexington

4. Spring Hill

5. Southside

3. Liberty

6. Sycamore

2. Creekwood

8. Page

Quad 4

1. Crockett

7. Trezevant

4. Haywood

5. Fairley

3. Kingsbury

6. Obion County

2. Sheffield

8. Dyersburg

There ya go. :roflol:

THANK YOU GERRY!!!!!! :lol:

Our team is G-ville in Quad 1 and this is how I see it playing out:

1 Greeneville

8 Carter

4 Gibbs

5 Claiborne

3 Brainard (Questionable in our quadrant (depends on wild cards)

6 Scott

2 Fulton

7 Stone Memorial

Quad 1

1. Claiborne Co.

8. Carter

4. Fulton

5. Greeneville

3. Brainerd

6. Scott Co.

2. Gibbs

7. Chattanooga Central

Quad 2

1. Red Bank

8. Livingston Academy

4. Greenbriar

5. Lipscomb

3. DeKalb Co.

6. Whites Creek

2. Maplewood

7. East Ridge

Quad 3

1. Giles Co.

7. Lexington

4. Spring Hill

5. Southside

3. Liberty

6. Sycamore

2. Creekwood

8. Page

Quad 4

1. Crockett

7. Trezevant

4. Haywood

5. Fairley

3. Kingsbury

6. Obion County

2. Sheffield

8. Dyersburg

There ya go. :roflol:

THANK YOU GERRY!!!!!! :roflol:

Our team is G-ville in Quad 1 and this is how I see it playing out:

1 Greeneville

8 Carter

4 Gibbs

5 Claiborne

3 Brainard (Questionable in our quadrant (depends on wild cards)

6 Scott

2 Fulton

7 Stone Memorial

Not sure if Greeneville will be a one seed or not man. They go with your overall Record and not just district. But Devils will win the conference