Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

Don't be too embarrassed about being 5 and 5 going into the playoffs. As you DB football wonks should remember, Sevier County went 5 and 5 and ended up state champs with a final 10 and 5 record. That is a better scenario than 8, 9, & 10 wins and a first round playoff loss. Good luck as you represent NET.

Not trying to be overly picky here, but Sevier Co. went 12-3 in '99. Maybe (?) you're thinking of Maryville in '00 which lost its first 4 before winning 11 straight.

I didn't think they had lost five,but understood what he was saying.If your playing,you have a shot.By the way,I was in Sevierville a couple of weeks ago and they have a massive picture of that team at Mr.Gitti's{I think } is where we seen it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be too embarrassed about being 5 and 5 going into the playoffs. As you DB football wonks should remember, Sevier County went 5 and 5 and ended up state champs with a final 10 and 5 record. That is a better scenario than 8, 9, & 10 wins and a first round playoff loss. Good luck as you represent NET.

Not trying to be overly picky here, but Sevier Co. went 12-3 in '99. Maybe (?) you're thinking of Maryville in '00 which lost its first 4 before winning 11 straight.

I didn't think they had lost five,but understood what he was saying.If your playing,you have a shot.By the way,I was in Sevierville a couple of weeks ago and they have a massive picture of that team at Mr.Gitti's{I think } is where we seen it.

Sevier Co. went 7-3 in the regular season with one of those loses being to DB. DB lost to Sevier Co. in the playoff game later.

Anybody else notice the Initals under David Roops eyes (see picture on tricitiessports.com)... Classis Rivalry stuff... "FTH" It didn't take long to figure out what that show of affection to the Toppers meant.

I am guessing but I bet this is correct. Dobyns-Bennett won more games @ Memorial Stadium over the years than any other Stadium besides J Fred. I will look that up... it will be close between The Stone Castle.

We need to put the hammer down on the Falcons and go into the playoffs with momentum and a 3 game win streak.

Roll Tribe Roll

Anybody else notice the Initals under David Roops eyes (see picture on tricitiessports.com)... Classis Rivalry stuff... "FTH" It didn't take long to figure out what that show of affection to the Toppers meant.

I am guessing but I bet this is correct. Dobyns-Bennett won more games @ Memorial Stadium over the years than any other Stadium besides J Fred. I will look that up... it will be close between The Stone Castle.

We need to put the hammer down on the Falcons and go into the playoffs with momentum and a 3 game win streak.

Roll Tribe Roll

"" Finish The Hill "" is the reference I made in an earlier post.. A couple of SH girls were walking behind us as we went past the DB dressing room and they were saying something along those lines directed toward our team.I think they had FTT on their faces.Well,truth be known,they were screaming it at our team!!They didn't understand it was supposed to be finish !! That's about all I will say on that :mellow:

So what's up with the groin in question? Seldom would I say a game is "in the bag" and I won't say it about the Tribe's game next week... but I will hint at it. Hopefully, CS will get rested this week and Coach Clark will work on his Offense. I agree with Waco, I would not worry about hiding anything and I would get Steele involved more this week to prepare for the playoffs. When he is involved, his quickness changes what defensive sets can be thrown at 'em. Remember when he touched the ball at South? What do you think the playoff opponents will prepare for? CS up the middle and in a sweep. So, you gotta get Steele involved more.

Sevier Co. went 7-3 in the regular season with one of those loses being to DB. DB lost to Sevier Co. in the playoff game later.

I think you're referring to '97. In '99 Sevier Co. beat D-B 39-20 in the regular season. They didn't face one another in the playoffs -- D-B was ousted in the 2nd round by Oak Ridge. Sevier Co.'s losses in '99 were to Oak Ridge, Halls and Bradley.

This topic interests me because I'm guessing D-B opens the playoffs at Sevier Co. We'll see. Good luck to the Tribe.

Roll Tribe Roll

"" Finish The Hill "" is the reference I made in an earlier post.. A couple of SH girls were walking behind us as we went past the DB dressing room and they were saying something along those lines directed toward our team.I think they had FTT on their faces.Well,truth be known,they were screaming it at our team!!They didn't understand it was supposed to be finish !! That's about all I will say on that :thumb:

I sure had something other than that, the last 2 was what I had though.

DB @ Seveir County in Round 1? Perfect!! The Indians need to close out the Regulas Season on the move and keep the streak going against Volunteer. DB has won 9 in a row against the Falcons... last game played in the series was 1994, 55-8 in Church Hill.

Roll Tribe Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

"" Finish The Hill "" is the reference I made in an earlier post.. A couple of SH girls were walking behind us as we went past the DB dressing room and they were saying something along those lines directed toward our team.I think they had FTT on their faces.Well,truth be known,they were screaming it at our team!!They didn't understand it was supposed to be finish !! That's about all I will say on that :thumb:

Yeah, it really meant "Finish the Hill". :thumb: And if Science Hill had FTT, it didn't mean "Finish the Tribe".

BT Mom... my appologize. I stepped over a line that you shouldn't cross on a High School Sports Web Page. I am sorry. This is sports and personal attacks are out of bounds.

Good karma to you and your Rebels the rest of the year.

....Not sure what I did to get an apology out of you, but I gracefully and sincerely accept with gratitude.

Good job with Science Hill! - Da Om