Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

The Indians didn't play that well but did play as well as any other DB team that has played at Memoral Stadium in the past 15 years. Maybe Scott Smith's next book will be about how he got schooled in the art of football by Graham Clark. Or maybe Science Hill will name their new stadium after Clark. It would only be fitting since their tearing the old stadium down, which he owned.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a way to close out Memorial Stadium!! The Hill Toppers came to play and took the fight to the Indians early. #32 Sensabaugh and #5 Seabolt sure made the big plays in the 2nd half... but I think the biggest play was a sack by #70 Ricker in the 3rd qtr on a 3rd down play... to stop the Hill Toppers drive. That was his best play ever!!

Tribe is 4-5 and in the playoffs

Roll Tribe Roll

That just doesn't sound right. :thumb: But I'll take it. Good experience for the returning players for next year, and for once, we don't have to worry about choking in the first round (we may lose but no one in their right mind would say we choked).

So what was the deal with CS tonight? After looking great on the first drive he played mostly decoy the rest of the night (although Clark called his number on the key TD in the 2nd half and a couple of 3 and shorts we had to have), and he often didn't look like himself. Plus I saw his dad talking to the trainer before the second half started. Did he reaggravate the groin or hurt something else? I hope he sits next week.

Glad the Tribe pulled out the W (was there really ever any doubt given the history? surely everyone knew SH was going to keep it close but ultimately lose like they always do), but I'm afraid we may have tightened the screws on the Head Hilltopper. I'd hate for SH to go get a good coach.

Wow what a way to close out Memorial Stadium!! The Hill Toppers came to play and took the fight to the Indians early. #32 Sensabaugh and #5 Seabolt sure made the big plays in the 2nd half... but I think the biggest play was a sack by #70 Ricker in the 3rd qtr on a 3rd down play... to stop the Hill Toppers drive. That was his best play ever!!

Roll Tribe Roll

I'd have to go with the int. by Seabolt. The way Science Hill was throwing the ball against our secondary the entire game the odds were that they were going to score on that last drive. I think Seabolt saved us. That was a great sack by Ricker though. He plays well for a little guy.

It was a fun game to watch,probably the best game outside of Elizabethton in upper east Tennessee.We talked about some of the other games at the half,but I said none of that matters if we don't finish off the Hill.It's allways a tough game in Johnson City.Last year we had the team and the ranking but were very lucky to win.The only question now is how we go about next week.Will we play it like the jamboree and try not to get anyone hurt ? We need to keep some momentum going,but do we rest a few guys and get ready for the real deal ? Here is the way I see it.Win first, and I think we need to work on any problem areas and tighten up our game.Next and very importantly, is reward all the seniors with playing time,because most of those guys have busted their backsides for many years for DB football,and playing in front of their home fans will be great.If we can do that,I say get them all in the game and give the young guys and their parents some hope and pride for years to come !! Great job boys and Roll Tribe !!

It was a fun game to watch,probably the best game outside of Elizabethton in upper east Tennessee.We talked about some of the other games at the half,but I said none of that matters if we don't finish off the Hill.It's allways a tough game in Johnson City.Last year we had the team and the ranking but were very lucky to win.The only question now is how we go about next week.Will we play it like the jamboree and try not to get anyone hurt ? We need to keep some momentum going,but do we rest a few guys and get ready for the real deal ? Here is the way I see it.Win first, and I think we need to work on any problem areas and tighten up our game.Next and very importantly, is reward all the seniors with playing time,because most of those guys have busted their backsides for many years for DB football,and playing in front of their home fans will be great.If we can do that,I say get them all in the game and give the young guys and their parents some hope and pride for years to come !! Great job boys and Roll Tribe !!

I still remember a #1 ranked DB getting beat by a winless Knox Karns team, so I think the best way to play this game is to go at it like its the most important game of the year. Don't hold anything back. If you play to not get hurt then your going to get somebody hurt, if you play not to lose then you'll probably lose. We only have to look as far as our own team to prove that point. If we have some guys banged up that need a rest and we can afford to rest them then thats ok. If we build a 4 td lead in the forth quarter then let the non starting seniors in the game. But please Graham, don't play this game like you have to hide plays from whoever you play in the first round. That has never helped us. Never!

We dodged a silver bullit last night in resting big Patrick.I'm glad we got the win and if he needs some more time,that's ok this week.I hope we can work on throwing the ball down the field in those intermediate routes to open up the box a little more.SH seen what the quick passes will get you alone.I remember on one second down play,SH played the pass and I said,man I hope we run on this play.We did and got about seven yards off guard.It makes a huge difference when they have to respect the pass on any down.I go back to that great offensive game we played against Campbell county last year in the cold rain.I don't think anyone has said anything,but I was so glad coach went for it on that fourth and short at mid field.Roll Tribe

Don't be too embarrassed about being 5 and 5 going into the playoffs. As you DB football wonks should remember, Sevier County went 5 and 5 and ended up state champs with a final 10 and 5 record. That is a better scenario than 8, 9, & 10 wins and a first round playoff loss. Good luck as you represent NET.

I have to say,when we were 1-3,and the defeats were to Farragut,Clinton and Sevier county,I wasn't to worried for this young team.When we lost to Boone and had road games left at South,Tennessee High and a tough rival game at Science Hill,man!! I'd be telling a big story to say that I'm not extremely happy to be going to the playoffs at 5-5{if we beat Volunteer},and have watched that roll of tail lights leave South during the third quarter.The weight of the world has been on many DB teams in the past few years,but now there will none.I for one like it that way,but still wish we could have got it done with all those great players in the last few years.Whatever happens,I hope to pull for the Tribe for many years and watch the younger guys as last years senior parents {and all those before}have come back to watch our boys.Roll Tribe

Don't be too embarrassed about being 5 and 5 going into the playoffs. As you DB football wonks should remember, Sevier County went 5 and 5 and ended up state champs with a final 10 and 5 record. That is a better scenario than 8, 9, & 10 wins and a first round playoff loss. Good luck as you represent NET.

Not trying to be overly picky here, but Sevier Co. went 12-3 in '99. Maybe (?) you're thinking of Maryville in '00 which lost its first 4 before winning 11 straight.