Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one like the coaching staff at DB.Watson,Holt,Christian,Barrett,Wagner and Williams are the guys that I've seen the most of over the years and think they are fine coaches and some of the better guys you will ever meet.I'm proud that they have been my sons coaches and teachers over the last four years.It all starts at the top with Graham Clark,and if not for him and his wisdom,my son wouldn't even had played.I say very little to coach Clark because I just want to be a parent and let him be the coach.It's been the best of times if we were number one in the state or just trying to win a game.I would tell anyone that has a kid to let them play for Dobyns Bennett and these fine coaches

There seems to be a trend of thinking among a handful on here that I don't like the coaching staff at DB. I don't think that I have ever said that I don't like any of them and I don't think that I have ever said that any of them should be fired. If you care to search my post you will find thatI have always praised them when they do a good job. Check out my post during the 2007 season or my post the first 3 games of the 2008 season. Or even futher back if you like. I have always given them their props when they did a good job. Same with the players. Now, as we all know DB has become known as the one and done team in the playoffs. Only one of those first round loses should of happened. At least 75% of DB fans agree with me that Clark did a poor job of play calling in those first round loses. I can't help it but thats just the way it is. I will not be one of those that just pats someone on the back for doing a poor job. It makes a loser out of you and whoever your patting on the back. I DO NOT THINK ANYONE ON THE COACH STAFF SHOULD BE REPLACED! NOT EVEN CLOSE. So you guys can create all the new screen name's you want. It ain't going to change a thing. If the team and coaches do a good job I'll be the first on here to praise them. If they don't I'll be giving them grief. Thats how it works in the real world.

If you go to one of the other schools your going to the second or third best school in Kingsport. Not trying to hurt anybodys feelings but thats just the truth.

NOT. One glaring exception....South. Do some research. With the exception of money spent per kid, South bests DB in almost every category. Sorry.

Why do you think all the Colonial Heights people aren't breaking down the doors over at DB to grab a seat? It's OK. The Education and City Boards can't understand it either.

Glad to have you in the real world

Keep up the good work - we don't want to have losers

I am sure you comments will have a major impact on the athletic department at DB

Gotta get back to football practice now

Good......sounds like you could use the practice to bring you up to date. Over 30 years is a long time.

By the way, are you and Batman joined at the hip? Every time you post a few minutes later Batman post....and vis-versa. ^_^

If you go to one of the other schools your going to the second or third best school in Kingsport. Not trying to hurt anybodys feelings but thats just the truth.

NOT. One glaring exception....South. Do some research. With the exception of money spent per kid, South bests DB in almost every category. Sorry.

Why do you think all the Colonial Heights people aren't breaking down the doors over at DB to grab a seat? It's OK. The Education and City Boards can't understand it either.

Im pretty sure we are talking about football here, or sports in general. South does NOT best DB in any catagory that I know of. I don't even have to do reserch to know that. All I have to do is be alive. If you would like to debate academics, leaf burning or tobacco spitting, direct me to the message board where such things are discussed.

Your talking about parrents in Colonial Heights, not students. Their all mad because they can't beat DB in football. Its like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I am sure you comments will have a major impact on the athletic department at DB

Good......sounds like you could use the practice to bring you up to date. Over 30 years is a long time.

By the way, are you and Batman joined at the hip? Every time you post a few minutes later Batman post....and vis-versa. :roflol:

I'm thinking your plowboy now :roflol:

Bottom line is I have my opinion, everybody else has theirs, thats what this forum is for. I really dont care if you like what I say or not. I wore the K ON THE SIDE, that tells you a time frame. I broke a bone in my ankle in practice my junior season and I started all 5 games until this happened. I have no reason to rip anyone, other than the fact that , how many conference titles have we won? too many to count. How many states since '64? 0. How many disgusting 1 and outs, too painful to count. How many times should we have won the game we were eliminated from ? also way too many to count. How long do we stay content to be a big fish in a small pond? thats what this discussion is all about., one thats growing every year in the stands every Friday night ., cause Im always there on Friday night and hear it.

DBSMOKE blow your smoke up some other peoples as---, yea you'll get some people that will agree cause they dont want to hurt some good ole boys feelings, but the fans, and players I know want to win. If that means taking over the middle school programs to get it done, so be it, but after lets throw out some numbers--like the last 20 years whats the win percentage in the playoffs? So there SMOKE, thats my opinion, like it or not. like i said I dont care. Oh yea you mentioned somewhere about straping something on? sorry not in to that sort on activity :roflol:

By the way, are you and Batman joined at the hip? Every time you post a few minutes later Batman post....and vis-versa. :roflol:

I'm thinking your plowboy now :roflol:

When do I get to be Elvis? :roflol: