Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

Question for those that have been able to see DB play throughout the season...How much has this team's offense improved during the course of the season. I saw the Farragut game, and I was very concerned. We were either anemic or bulimic, depending on your perspective. Recently we only scored 17 of Crocket. So, how much improvement has the offense made this year?

We have looked like the best offense in the world at spots.South,parts of the Sevier co game and so on.Just stupid mistakes have killed so much momentum this year,and we are just not good enough to overcome a lot of them.The Crockett game is a prime example.We are trucking along and go up by two touchdowns,"WAIT" another mistake calls the play back.It's not like one player is doing it either.It's like our team getting sick,it's all over the field,in every phase of the game. I was telling someone today that the play Derrick made at South could have been called back for a mistake behind the play.Now instead of a 98 yard game changer,they could have got back into it earlier and maybe another Boone game could have happened.SH has good athletes,and we can't afford to let recievers run behind our deepest defensive backs.We can't take 50 to 100 yards of rushing back in every game for someone not having their thinking cap on.On defense,we can't miss our assignments up front and leave gaping holes for their backs to run through.I got off the subject but I think we have the parts,but have had a miss in the engine most of the year.No one player,just a collective let down at bad times.We could come out this week and roll over SH or look like a gas engine trying to run diesel.I've watched enough practices to see that the coaches go over every screw up and try to get it right.Like staying in your lanes on the kickoff,good grief Charlie Brown,let's play smart and make the other guys beat us with better talent.Roll Tribe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes you wonder how GQ gets Maryville ready week after week after week after week.....

From living in Knoxville and following football in the area for a few years I can tell you what I know to be true about M'ville.

1. I can tell you that Maryville has an excellent feeder program.

2. M'ville is a 'regional' football team. The may not recruit, per se. But, they have a 'regional' flavor as do most great teams in the area.

3. GQ has surrounded himself with quality assistant coaches. Several of his coaches are former head coaches. And, GQ is himself and excellent game day coach. Maybe the best playcaller. M'vill doesn't get out coached.

4. GQ is also the AD at M'ville. Excellence is expected in their program. Heck, they even won a state basketball tournament a few years back.

Ask youself how DB stacks up in each of the above.

:roflol:

First I'll give you my view as to wheather DB has improved over the season. No, they have not. After the South game I thought, ok here we go now. Thats real DB football. These guys finally get it. A open date and two week's of practice, Clark changes the offense up a little, It all worked against South. They just flat out whipped South who just happens to be one of the better football teams in the state. Then one week latter, right back to where we were. The game with South showed us on thing. That they can get the job done. The game with Tennessee High showed us another thing. They really don't care. Not all of them, but enough of them. This is the first time in 30 years of being a DB fan that I have seen players like this. I don't know where it comes from. I know a guy that coaches the younger boys and he had several of these players play on his teams. He warned me last year about some of these players on this team. And thats exactly what he said "they just don't care" Any other DB team from the past would of beat Davey Crockett by 40 points. Had it not been for Sensabaugh and Crockett shooting themselves in the foot we would of lost Friday night. Hopfully we can win against Science Hill if for no other reason than to get one extra game for experence for the Jr's & Soph's.

Whomever wins the automatic bid from District 1 will be considered a #1 seed and will host a first round home game, regardless of their record. Atleast that is how I understand the playoff system. DB or SH, whomever wins, will not have to travel in the first round.

Looking at that it doesn't seem to add up.Owls,Maryville,Oak Ridge,Sevier co and the winner in district 1.Everyone is showing these guys along with McMinn,Bearden and Farragut in the east.The first five would be one seeds,I may be missing it somewhere.Nightshifts can do that,but what's wrong with this,is the Owls and McMinn in the same first eight teams or do they go over to the next eight ? How can this be right. I'll probably say what was I thinking after a good nights sleep.

It makes you wonder how GQ gets Maryville ready week after week after week after week.....

From living in Knoxville and following football in the area for a few years I can tell you what I know to be true about M'ville.

2. M'ville is a 'regional' football team. The may not recruit, per se. But, they have a 'regional' flavor as do most great teams in the area.

3. GQ has surrounded himself with quality assistant coaches. Several of his coaches are former head coaches. And, GQ is himself and excellent game day coach. Maybe the best playcaller. M'vill doesn't get out coached.

4. GQ is also the AD at M'ville. Excellence is expected in their program. Heck, they even won a state basketball tournament a few years back.

:roflol:

1. We have the worst coaching in the state at our middle schools. Bar none.

2. DB is so hated by the surrounding county schools (parents) you don't see many outside kids come to DB. And lately we have seen a few transfer out. Mostly because of (parents).

3. DB also has very good coaches. With exception of the South game and a couple of games last year Clark has really fallen off a cliff with his play calling. I can't explain it.

4. DB should fire the current AD, have him arrested and thrown under the jail. Then name Graham Clark the AD.

5. I am 100% correct.

I'm 85% sure that Waco is only 99% correct, but that's close enough. :roflol: We have played one good game this year. Period. If we can manage to beat SH, we should get a playoff game under this goofy system they now have, but for once no one will be saying we choked if we lose in the first round.

:thumb:

THIS IS A GREAT POST!

1. -D-B HAS A GOOD FEEDER PROGRAM

2nd_- D-B is not just Kingsports team, Kingsporters have kids in 3 schools. This town is not just behind THEIR city's program anymore. The stupid Kpt. Times is not even behind them now

3rd-Graham is a good enough coach, and with the exception on Mr. defense Watson, and a very good young Mr. Wagner is not surrounded by quality assistant coaches.-too much buddy buddy, what I did back in the day, or who my daddy was, or how much i put in the QB club coaches.

4th.-Graham is the best choice for AD. This guy we have now is a crumb from the table of a Science Hill leftover. He single handedly ruined the basketball program, and I know parents that dont even want their kids playing any sport that he's associated with.

5. The head coach of D-B with the talent they bring from both middle schools, needs to take over BOTH PROGRAMS. This is a horrible example, but why do you think D-B has the undisputed best band in the state, with people standing in line just to get in?-the connection? D-Bs band director, is in touch with both middle schools and they know what to practice, what to play, what to expect and what it takes to be the best in TN period.

6. I bet Maryville doesnt have coaches thay refuse to let the head coach at the high school his players will be attending oversee the program that feeds him his players, and I'll also bet that they dont have a coach, or coaches, because D-B has had two of them, that are low enough to send their kids to play against the coach of the high school they're feeding- tell me im wrong 1-St clair, 2 Hoover. Neither of which should have been coaching anyway. refer to line 3

Until this changes, we should all be content to go at least 1 extra round in the playoffs. the truth hurts huh?

I agree with alot of what you said pitbull but Im a little confused with your #1 saying we have good feeder systems. Then telling us how bad the coaches in the middle schools are. (I agree) Your #2 may be correct but everybody know's DB is the Mac-Daddy in Kingsport. If you go to one of the other schools your going to the second or third best school in Kingsport. Not trying to hurt anybodys feelings but thats just the truth.

First I'll give you my view as to wheather DB has improved over the season. No, they have not. After the South game I thought, ok here we go now. Thats real DB football. These guys finally get it. A open date and two week's of practice, Clark changes the offense up a little, It all worked against South. They just flat out whipped South who just happens to be one of the better football teams in the state. Then one week latter, right back to where we were. The game with South showed us on thing. That they can get the job done. The game with Tennessee High showed us another thing. They really don't care. Not all of them, but enough of them. This is the first time in 30 years of being a DB fan that I have seen players like this. I don't know where it comes from. I know a guy that coaches the younger boys and he had several of these players play on his teams. He warned me last year about some of these players on this team. And thats exactly what he said "they just don't care" Any other DB team from the past would of beat Davey Crockett by 40 points. Had it not been for Sensabaugh and Crockett shooting themselves in the foot we would of lost Friday night. Hopfully we can win against Science Hill if for no other reason than to get one extra game for experence for the Jr's & Soph's.

Good post. But you have people on this thread saying what a tough schedule DB has played.

Take away the Farragut,and Clinton games and you R back in the same thing

minus ,Sevier Co.,Bearden,William Blount,South Doyle,and Heritage for a few GOOD teams

DB played in the past.DB has not improved as the year progressed.For that they get a can

of corn. :flower:

I'm 85% sure that Waco is only 99% correct, but that's close enough. :roflol: We have played one good game this year. Period. If we can manage to beat SH, we should get a playoff game under this goofy system they now have, but for once no one will be saying we choked if we lose in the first round.

I was just talking to an old SH player about the playoffs.In the old system the winner of this game would have gone as one of the top four seeds in the district,but would have made the playoffs anyway.Yes,all the teams would have been 6A ,but the math was a lot more simple.One things For sure,the winner of this game will be playing a team that you would have seen in the third round in past years and it will be a rough road to hold.Roll Tribe

I agree with alot of what you said pitbull but Im a little confused with your #1 saying we have good feeder systems. Then telling us how bad the coaches in the middle schools are. (I agree) Your #2 may be correct but everybody know's DB is the Mac-Daddy in Kingsport. If you go to one of the other schools your going to the second or third best school in Kingsport. Not trying to hurt anybodys feelings but thats just the truth.

Yes, I could have stated it better, but I was at work last night, and half asleep. I think Sevier, and RNR gives D-B a good start at talent, but the coaching is so terrible, we sometimes dont get to see it until they are Juniors and seniors., or maybe not at all since they are so far behind from lack of the simple skills they need for high school.

#2 I guess what I should have said was It is the Mac daddy, no doubt, but half the town could care less. Go to some other programs where they are consistantly good year after year, and the WHOLE town gives their support from the bill boards at Hardees to small business owners simply writing good luck to their team on the glass of their shops. We dont have that, and maybe never will because the 3 schools here are so close together, theres too much b--tchin and fighting.