Rankings For the Playoffs

mjuhb

I think the rankings for division 2A E/Mid are off, reflecting prominence in previous years rather than abilities of current teams. I would rank the 4 top teams on this side of the stae in division 2A as follows

1. St Cecilia

2. USN

3. FRA

4. Knoxville Webb

and feel this is the most likely order of finish in the region tournament. Would anyone like to predict 2A top 4 in the West?

Can only go 1 and 2.....don't know the rest and wouldn't want to guess.

1. ECS

2. St. George's

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that Master MJUHB has St. Agnes (not Agnus) at #1 overall.

Not that they are not worthy, they certainly are. It's just interesting to see them above Houston, Collierville, Brentwood, CAK, and Bearden.

base on head to head and overall performance this year st agnes should be over houston or collierville....the game vs houston was close and anybody's ball game but i'm sure if houston had won the game they would expect to be ranked over st agnes....all good teams but agnes gets the nod....havent seen middle and east teams so won't give opinion on that.

also usj over pope john paul....not sure i agree with that...usj is good in specific positions...PJP is solid all over...my lean towards PJP....didn't they tie st agnes at nashville ladies tourney....definite lean to PJP

Yes, it looks like St Agnes has had three ties while Baylor is 14-0 and should be deserving of the top D2 spot. One of the teams St Agnes tied is PJP which Baylor will play on Thursday. I believe it is the only team that both schools play so the outcoming could be telling.

Sorry, but I don't think it's that easy, but you certainly may use any math you wish. You don't know who might have been injured or visiting colleges or comparative strength of schedule. SAA has played 16 games to Baylors 14 also. Euro states 36 goals for Baylor, or 2.8 goals per game and SAA has 3.5 per game including PJP. If you want to bet on the results of one game, played by both teams 5 weeks apart, you might as well fire up the crystal ball.

Also, since you mind was made up before you posted, you over looked they both played Hutch and ECS. :D

Yes, it looks like St Agnes has had three ties while Baylor is 14-0 and should be deserving of the top D2 spot. One of the teams St Agnes tied is PJP which Baylor will play on Thursday. I believe it is the only team that both schools play so the outcoming could be telling.

Sorry, but I don't think it's that easy, but you certainly may use any math you wish. You don't know who might have been injured or visiting colleges or comparative strength of schedule. SAA has played 16 games to Baylors 14 also. Euro states 36 goals for Baylor, or 2.8 goals per game and SAA has 3.5 per game including PJP. If you want to bet on the results of one game, played by both teams 5 weeks apart, you might as well fire up the crystal ball.

Also, since you mind was made up before you posted, you over looked they both played Hutch and ECS. :bored:

I am just happy that the state championship is determined by playoff and not by subjective rankings or debate.

Ya know? I don't think the puddle is muddy enough so I thought i would tromp in it some more.....

So. What holds more value?

* Head to head competition

* A body of work (the season)

* The State Championship Playoff (aka "a single tournament")

OR

Is it a interpretation of all three?

The discussion will never end....bad calls, bad refs, sick players, injured players, incorrect matchups, uncommon playing surfaces and/or field conditions, travel vs no travel, better defensive vs better offensive, home field advantage......

Ya know? I don't think the puddle is muddy enough so I thought i would tromp in it some more.....

So. What holds more value?

* Head to head competition

* A body of work (the season)

* The State Championship Playoff (aka "a single tournament")

OR

Is it a interpretation of all three?

The discussion will never end....bad calls, bad refs, sick players, injured players, incorrect matchups, uncommon playing surfaces and/or field conditions, travel vs no travel, better defensive vs better offensive, home field advantage......

If St. Agnes wins both the mjuhb poll and the state tournament, they are the champs. If Baylor wins the state tournament and St. Agnes wins the mjuhb poll (he does a great job as we all know) then I am thrilled. Baylor get the gold soccer ball and St. Agnes gets a framed printout of the mjhub poll.

I do not know which team is better but lobbying mjuhb or analyzing goals per game against different opponents is not going to tell us much. All we will ever know is who was better on a given day if both teams make it through the playoffs, which is no guarantee for either team.

You know I agree. See my pick above. They have played some of the best too.

I thought they would dominate, but I thought Briarcrest was in the same boat.

Then there's the Titans????? :thumb:B)

The fat lady hasn't sung yet.....each team has the opportunity to pull through with substate rounds where everything starts afresh....for D2AA, Baylor was favored to win it all last year until taken out in the semi finals by Father Ryan...so anything can and could happen! However, Baylor and St Agnes will be the teams to beat to get to Chattanooga this year.

For D2A, I predicted ECS to come out on top way back in August...they definitely have the talent and have seemed to take care of their keeper issues that they had early on.

ECS may be the best 3-8-3 team to ever put on shin guards.

Well, and I think they are actually 7-7-3. They have beaten some teams that are not on Eurosport. And last week, they beat St. George's 2-1. From what I have heard, they had a very weak goally during the first part of the season, and lost a few games that should have probably been wins.

Also, since you mind was made up before you posted, you over looked they both played Hutch and ECS. :thumb:

I am just happy that the state championship is determined by playoff and not by subjective rankings or debate.

Sooo .... You like to post here, but don't see the value of posting here, here, her, he, h (did you get the echo effect) ?????

What a totally lame comment. This is not about results, its about how we get to results. Let's post the schedule in August and the results in November and cut Big G out of another chance to get HD Direct TN with 500 channels.

Thanks for your input, we are all better now. B)