Tullahoma 20 Shelbyville 7

binns37388

Tullahoma has a lot of young sophomores who are playing well in the latter part of the season. Jared Davis, Ryan Lawson, Sam Epley, Cody Farr, Bruce McGee, Luke Frederick and Allen Starks.

This is sad that we don't have anything better to do. By the way, it was Cody that made the tackle on the attempted hook & ladder. His 2 was covered in mud.

Ryans dad told Scott and I that it was Cody Farr when we were leaving the stadium. I didn't realize that Cody was that fast, but he was flying and gained about 20 yards on the Shelbyville player to bring down from behind.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma has a lot of young sophomores who are playing well in the latter part of the season. Jared Davis, Ryan Lawson, Sam Epley, Cody Farr, Bruce McGee, Luke Frederick and Allen Starks.

This is sad that we don't have anything better to do. By the way, it was Cody that made the tackle on the attempted hook & ladder. His 2 was covered in mud.

Ryans dad told Scott and I that it was Cody Farr when we were leaving the stadium. I didn't realize that Cody was that fast, but he was flying and gained about 20 yards on the Shelbyville player to bring down from behind.

I asked Cody's dad if he had a turbo-charger installed this week. One thing's for sure, he wasn't gonna let him score.

There will be an interesting decision by THS coaches on which QB to start next week, assuming Jared Davis can practice next week. Derrick Bowles was the starting QB in the first two games for Tullahoma and was replaced by Soph Jared Davis in the 3rd game. Maybe the Cats came come up with some plays where they have both players in the backfield at the same time, who can each throw the football with accuracy. Derrick Bowles is a outstanding player for Tullahoma, who plays well, no matter where they put him. A good example of a TEAM player.
Not sure why you are so excited about Bowles being back? Tullahoma lost their first three games with him as the starter. The cats will probably loose the next two. Lawrence County is no Shelbyville!!

I want Derek to start, but hey I'm his dad so I'm biased. :roflol: Truth is, we are a better team when they are both on the field. I really hope Davis can come back soon. I spoke with him after the game and the problem is in his neck. I hope it's not serious, for his sake and the teams'. Binns, I like your idea of having them both in the game at QB at the same time. Do you think Melton can come up with a few more wrinkles? :lol:

fballfan101: I'm sorry to inform you that you were misinformed about Derek. He started the first TWO games at QB. You act as though it was his fault we lost them both. Well, let me educate you about those first two games. Game 1: No QB for Tullahoma would have beaten Blackman. Any stats for that game he got on his own. Game 2 vs. Cookeville: Derek was 13-23, 228yds, 1TD. Here is the breakdown of that game. There were 6 dropped passes that could have gone for 100+yds and a TD. Factor those numbers in and you get 19-23, 328+yds, 2TD. Here is something else to take into consideration, he had 3 sustained drives that were killed by penalties. Is that his fault? And, he was on the run the whole game for lack of pass blocking. There are those who think he could have "stayed in the pocket more." My question is: What pocket?

Come back when you've got good info and don't be a hater. :lol:

Oops...........sorry I got that wrong about the first three games and who was the starter! The fact is that Tullahoma lost their first three games! Is that better Debow? Derek had better have some good passing games because from what I see that is all they have. The O'line is slow and worst of all they are very undisaplined. They hold on every snap! Did Tullahoma start the season playing tough competition.....YES. They will also end the season playing though competiton! The last two games they play will have the same result as the first two games. Put two QB's out there.......sounds a little stupid! Guess thats the reason fathers shouldn't coach their kids!

fballfan101, I would never get on this thread but after your last statement about the O-Line I HAVE TO!

No O-line coached by Steve Britton is 'undisciplined' and has to hold! Every line he has ever coached wins because they are stronger than the lines they usually face and NOT by tricks. The Coach is respected all across this state in his ability to coach linemen period.

fballfan101, I would never get on this thread but after your last statement about the O-Line I HAVE TO!

No O-line coached by Steve Britton is 'undisciplined' and has to hold! Every line he has ever coached wins because they are stronger than the lines they usually face and NOT by tricks. The Coach is respected all across this state in his ability to coach linemen period.

Just go back and look at how many holding penalties T'town had just last night! Sounds like the good coach has some work to do! I never said anything about tricks. Coach can still be respected and have a bad O'line!! Go Siegel

Just go back and look at how many holding penalties T'town had just last night! Sounds like the good coach has some work to do! I never said anything about tricks. Coach can still be respected and have a bad O'line!! Go Siegel

Old Dad........Even the quarterbacks dad was talking about the poor pass blocking his son had. Go and read it for yourself! Said something like "Derek was on the run all night long due to the poor pass blocking"! That may be the reason the line has started holding?

Gotta weigh in on this because so-called fballfan101 is an obvious hater and trouble maker. Why would you feel a need to come on here and bash these kids and their parents and their coaches. What possible joy could you get from this?

The fact is Tullahoma is a young team that is getting better. The offensive line had a rough start to the season but is getting better. With three juniors and a sophomore starting it stands to reason it might take a few games to begin to gel.

The fact is Derek Bowles is an outstanding player who was obviously missed while he was injured. He brings a certain toughness and hard-nosed attitude with him that the Wildcats miss when he is out. He showed great courage last night, stepping in after missing a month and guiding the offense almost perfectly. He had good blocking, good run support, and good routes by receivers.

Jared is also a fine QB and I think he will move back into the starting role when he is healthy. He and Derek were on the field at the same time multiple times early int he season and will be again. In fact even when Jared is healthy Derek lined up multiple times at QB.

It simply gives the Wildcats more options when they are both on the field. Stop hatin about Derek and Jared moving here. Get over it already. The T-town powers are already making plans to get that middle school running back of yours over here so you best be worrying about that....LOL.

fbfan101 should be fbfan011. You need to get your facts straight. Coach Britton coaches the defensive line and not the o-line. As far as our so called recruiting efforts, we've got 8 varsity players and 2 freshman who could be playing for Franklin Co, 3 players who could be playing for Coffee Co and 3 players who could be playing for Moore Co. Tullahoma is 4-0 against our rivals to the North, South, East and West this season. I'm sure if we start losing to these teams, our neighbors would like us much better.

fbfan101 should be fbfan011. You need to get your facts straight. Coach Britton coaches the defensive line and not the o-line. As far as our so called recruiting efforts, we've got 8 varsity players and 2 freshman who could be playing for Franklin Co, 3 players who could be playing for Coffee Co and 3 players who could be playing for Moore Co. Tullahoma is 4-0 against our rivals to the North, South, East and West this season. I'm sure if we start losing to these teams, our neighbors would like us much better.

First off: I never said anything about a coach, that was old man and he started talking about Britton. I said the O'line did not play well and held all night last night. The defense played pretty well, expecially the middle. I don't know the coaches names and could care less! I also don't care if you recruit! That is between T'town and your neighbors. The O'line is undisaplined wether you or Old Man likes it or not. I am no hater, just calling it like I see it. Ask Debow how he thinks the line it playing. It appears I am not the only one that sees it like it is!!