5A Playoffs the way I see it

randymc

Somebody read this fom TSSAA website and then tell me how they think POD 4 will go!!!

In Class 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A, the teams will be geographically grouped into four

eight-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to region alignments.

The teams within each quadrant are placed in the bracket so that teams from the same district will not play each

other in the first round. The only exception would be when 5 or more teams from the same district qualify for the

play-offs and all 5 teams are in the same geographic quadrant.

After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to

automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their

district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their

subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers.

IV. THE PLAY-OFF GAMES (DIVISION I: Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A)

A. The first-round games in all classifications shall be played on the 11th Friday of the football season. The second

round shall be played on the 12th Friday, the quarterfinals on the 13th Friday, the semifinals on the 14th Friday, and

the championship games shall be played on either the following 15th Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

B. In Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the

same seed, in odd numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years

the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.

if you move Glencliff out and Henry Co in:

1 Hardin Co

2 Henry Co

3 Craigmont

4 Melrose

5 Northside

6 Mitchell

7 Ridgeway

8 Hillsboro/Centennial winner

matchups:

Hardin Co

Hillsboro/Centennial Winner

Melrose

Northside

Craigmont

Mitchell

Henry Co

Ridgeway

Had to move around some seeds to avoid 1st round same district matchups. Again, a TOTAL guess

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at that, it would make more sense to seed Henry Co #1 and Hardin Co #2 in the 2nd one to let Henry Co play a metro team 1st round.

Guys...it ain't happening...Neither HC (Hardin Co. or Henry Co.) will play a metro team in round one, round two, or round three! You guys are using the "district numbers" as you guide for the quadrants. District 10 is further West than is District 11 (Hillsboro, Centennial) and District 12 (Glencliff). Read my earlier posts. There's only room for 1 more team in Quadrant 4 (West Pod). It's plain and simple.....take it to the bank!!

After looking at that, it would make more sense to seed Henry Co #1 and Hardin Co #2 in the 2nd one to let Henry Co play a metro team 1st round.

Guys...it ain't happening...Neither HC (Hardin Co. or Henry Co.) will play a metro team in round one, round two, or round three! You guys are using the "district numbers" as you guide for the quadrants. District 10 is further West than is District 11 (Hillsboro, Centennial) and District 12 (Glencliff). Read my earlier posts. There's only room for 1 more team in Quadrant 4 (West Pod). It's plain and simple.....take it to the bank!!

So who are you taking out? I could see moving Henry co in for glencliff, but who goes in in Hillsboro/Centennial's spot? So you are going to split up the clarksville teams. I REALLY don't see the TSSAA doing this, when it comes down to travel and $$$$.

So who are you taking out? I could see moving Henry co in for glencliff, but who goes in in Hillsboro/Centennial's spot? So you are going to split up the clarksville teams. I REALLY don't see the TSSAA doing this, when it comes down to travel and $$$$.

Randy....we (Henry Co.) are in the same district.. (District 10)...if we can play in Pod 4.....CERTAINLY any other Clarksville team can be put in the West pod. BTW....use Jackson as a center point for Quadrant 4...ALL Clarksville schools are closer geographically than any Davidson County or Williamson County school....aren't they??

Keep in mind that it will more than likely be the last team from District 10 eligible...and Northwest and Northeast still have yet to play each other. I believe that last team in will be the Northwest Vikings...in pod 4! Munford is out as of last week. They have no district games left.

Randy....we (Henry Co.) are in the same district.. (District 10)...if we can play in Pod 4.....CERTAINLY any other Clarksville team can be put in the West pod. BTW....use Jackson as a center point for Quadrant 4...ALL Clarksville schools are closer geographically than any Davidson County or Williamson County school....aren't they??

Keep in mind that it will more than likely be the last team from District 10 eligible...and Northwest and Northeast still have yet to play each other. I believe that last team in will be the Northwest Vikings...in pod 4! Munford is out as of last week. They have no district games left.

Very well could be, but it doesn't say anywhere that District 10 champ will be in Pod 3 either. If you put the last team in from D10 in pod 4, you should put the next to last one in too. Which really creates a weak Pod 4 does it not?

6 AAA is what i am concerned about, just kinda threw all this together saturday.

Very well could be, but it doesn't say anywhere that District 10 champ will be in Pod 3 either. If you put the last team in from D10 in pod 4, you should put the next to last one in too. Which really creates a weak Pod 4 does it not?

6 AAA is what i am concerned about, just kinda threw all this together saturday.

Pod 4.........weak?...........huh?...are you basing this opinion off of the overall records? Pod 4 will be the most competitive period. Have you seen Ridgeway's schedule? Have you seen Mitchell's schedule? Melrose...anybody?...Melrose will probably be in the playoffs at 5-5 and could be the most talented and dangerous team in the entire quadrant! Memphis East..who is in the same district WOULD win a first round playoff game BUT they aren't gonna qualify. Weak quadrant...not hardly!

Melrose has lost to Christian Brothers, Madison, MS, Ridgeway, and White Station and still have to pay Whitehaven.

Mitchell's loses are to Melrose and Whitehaven and still have yet to play White Station.

Why do feel that this Quadrant will be weak? Trust me, if I thought there was a scenerio where Henry Co. would be in Quad 3 or Quad 2 or Quad 1...we ALL would be elated!! We'd much rather play in the Eastern Quad than to play the teams in Quad 4.... But..it ain't happening!

Pod 4.........weak?...........huh?...are you basing this opinion off of the overall records? Pod 4 will be the most competitive period. Have you seen Ridgeway's schedule? Have you seen Mitchell's schedule? Melrose...anybody?...Melrose will probably be in the playoffs at 5-5 and could be the most talented and dangerous team in the entire quadrant! Memphis East..who is in the same district WOULD win a first round playoff game BUT they aren't gonna qualify. Weak quadrant...not hardly!

Melrose has lost to Christian Brothers, Madison, MS, Ridgeway, and White Station and still have to pay Whitehaven.

Mitchell's loses are to Melrose and Whitehaven and still have yet to play White Station.

Why do feel that this Quadrant will be weak? Trust me, if I thought there was a scenerio where Henry Co. would be in Quad 3 or Quad 2 or Quad 1...we ALL would be elated!! We'd much rather play in the Eastern Quad than to play the teams in Quad 4.... But..it ain't happening!

Like I said I focus on 6A, but I don't think they would want that many strong teams in one Quad I think it would dilute the playoffs in the future rounds, I really don't know, and don't care. But being from the old region 4-5A the first 3 rounds can often times be the toughest.

I see things a lot different than you guys. I am also thinking a few things will and will not happen. I do not see David Crockett winning anymore games. I think Springfield will beat West Creek. If those two things happen Springfield is in and David Crockett is out.

My Pod 1 is Tennessee, Sullivan South, Daniel Boone, Morristown East, Morristown West, Seymour (if they bea Cherokee), Powell, & Knox Catholic

comments ...

I see things a lot different than you guys. I am also thinking a few things will and will not happen. I do not see David Crockett winning anymore games. I think Springfield will beat West Creek. If those two things happen Springfield is in and David Crockett is out.

My Pod 1 is Tennessee, Sullivan South, Daniel Boone, Morristown East, Morristown West, Seymour (if they bea Cherokee), Powell, & Knox Catholic

comments ...

GWave...I totally agree with you...most of us here however already had Springfield in the mix...just not in Pod 4 (West Quad) due to them being the farthest team to the East out of District 10AAA. Nonetheless...you seem to be correct.

So my next question is Pod 2. Do you send Lawrence Co & Columbia East when they are geographically more western than the Sumner Co schools. The Sumner Co schools are also close to I-40 which would make travel from Cumberland Co, Anderson Co, and Clinton a relativly easy drive.

My Pod 2 is Anderson Co, Clinton, Cumberland Co (if they beat White Co), Cleveland, Tullahoma ( who will have a tough last 2 games to get in barely), Shelbyville, Gallatin, & Beech.

I think Columbia and Lawrence Co will be in Pod 3 and 4