Wayne County vs Perry County

wildcatpride70

The saying games are won in the trenches has never been more true than tonight. WC absolutely whooped Pc up front on both sides of the ball. Pc got pushed around all night their defensive line was non existent I think any rb in the state could have run all over them tonight. I don't say that meaning to take away from wc's #5 he was amazing tonight. I was on the Pc side but he was fun to watch, I love watching these kids play hard and he runs the ball HARD. I was most impressed with wc's line play on both sides of the ball and their rb they were flat out dominate tonight and won the game. Pc had to bring their A game to win tonight and they showed up with about their D- game. They never had their head in the game, and they at no point looked prepared to play.This is not the team we've seen play all year. For those who question Pc's skill position players like tucker and mercer get real and don't be stupid when you say their not all that good. Look at their numbers and give these kids some credit. Wc was the better team tonight bottom line they showed up ready to play. They were tougher, more physical, and came to win. They earned the win congratulations to them on improving to 9-0 and taking first place in the region.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes pc did play hard if I made it sound like they didn't in my previous post I apologize because they did. Wc was just more physical than any team they have seen this year by far and they weren't ready for it physicaly or mentally. My biggest fear before the game was how Pc would handle wc's physical style of play and we got our answer. But even after this I am so proud of this Pc football team they have worked really hard to get in the situation they were in tonight. Pc's never had a team in the running for a region championship or a #1 playoff seeding, heck they've never even been close. They've got alot to be proud of I know they've made alot of viking fans proud, I know I am!! Again congrats wc on a good win you deserved it and on taking the number one spot. And congrats to Pc for a great year so far and it ain't over yet.

WC had just too many weapons....PC's Tucker and Mercer and really good players though. It could've got really ugly w/o the 2 turnovers. WC just can't get satisfied w/this win.....hadn't got past the 2nd round in a loooong time. Until they can get past a Jo Byrns, they better stay humble and hungry.

thanks. everyone keeps saying that we havnt played anyone, maybe we havnt but we are 9 and 0 and have only been in one close game and that was against 4a chester co whom had 2 losses to 2 undefeated teams and also returned 4 starters that night that had been out with injuries for them, i think if anyone has checked on chester co lately they are having a pretty good season as of late.

WELL WELL WELL I said 3 tds or more. Perry Co.you will be a team to be recond with the next two years no doubt. You have a young team with alot of talent. A little more age ,experence will help you. Mercer was quite fast on the 2nd td. Tell him to keep it up as well as Tucker. Wayne Co. just brought alot more experence, age ,and want to this game. GO CATS !!! 9 - 0 :thumb:

Congrads to Wayne. I couldn't find any stats, so hope someone could post them on Wayne. I figured Wayne would get this one. Perry appears to be like Wayne a couple of years ago. Young and talented,just lacking experience, which they are gaining this year and should be a strong force next year and the following.

Okay Wayne......big game coming up.....keep the pedal down and ride this one all the way. Great bunch of kids on this years team.....make this one the special year!

Good win WC. I want to give special credit to players who never here their names mentioned. Stricklin,Franks,Teeftaller,Bowling, Garrett,Littrell,Kelly,Pippinger. Great job you dominated and we will ride this thing as far as you take us. I know linemen don't get much credit but we appreciate what you do.

Good win WC. I want to give special credit to players who never here their names mentioned. Stricklin,Franks,Teeftaller,Bowling, Garrett,Littrell,Kelly,Pippinger. Great job you dominated and we will ride this thing as far as you take us. I know linemen don't get much credit but we appreciate what you do.

Lol buddy after last night those offensive linemen deserve a big BIG stake dinner! They really got after it. #5 the rb really runs hard and is fun to watch but up front is where it all starts and last night they led the way. If I had been handing out a game ball last night we would have needed a few to hand out to all of wc's defensive linemen and offensive linemen.