Riverdale vs Cookeville

warhawks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game day!

Know it's late but here's a little info on the Cavs, TDCman.

Good tailback, Daylin Martin(1,100 yds)

Big QB Mason Espinosa 6'4" strong arm. Reminds a little of Zac Hennigan. Couple good receivers, lost a good one for the season early on.

Even with all Martin's yards, have usually had to throw the ball to be real effective.

Line fairly small, relies on speed. Cavs will be outsized and out speeded as usual against RD(except maybe Martin...)

Typical pretty good defense, though not near as good as some have been. Good discipline for the most part. Not picking off the passes they usually do.

I know the players are looking forward to this game after some of the battles we had in the playoffs a few years back.

Another wet track. Seems like about 7 out of nine weeks have been this year. Maybe it'll slow it down and help the Cavs? Who knows...We'll take anything we can get! :thumb:

Just hope for a good clean game(injury wise, not jersey wise...) neither team needs any injuries going into the playoffs.

See you tonight!

THE SQUAD :thumb:

I'm going to predict a Cookeville victory. In a VERY VERY VERY close game 17 to 16 in one overtime! But what do I know, I'm just an old man from Monterey who moved north and spent the last 35 years as a season ticket holder for Detroit Lions games! Please no bad comments, I've suffered enough!!!!! And no the rumor is NOT true, you DID NOT get free game tickets if you bought a Happy Meal!! You only got them if you ordered 2 Big Macs with Large fries!

Riverdale 42 Cookeville 7

I will now take my prescribed medicine and quietly go to bed after the spanking I just got! I'm sorry Riverdale players, coaches and fans. But then again, I did buy Detroit Lion season tickets for 35 years so that alone should show you how much I know about football. Let see now that's the game they play with the round ball right?????????

Haha-yea spent to much time in Detroit! The Cavs gave the Warriors a run for their money in 04 and 05; The 04 Cavs was the first team to score a touchdown on the Warriors in several games in the 3rd round of the playoffs-the warriors went on and won the state championship that year. The 05 Cavs should have beat the Warriors the following year and lost by a point in Cookeville. Since then the Cavs and the Warriors haven't been the same- the Warriors might be returning to dominance again. The Cavs lack size and defensive toughness of those 04/05 teams! But maybe better days ahead!