Brentwood Bruins vs Blackman Blaze

StorkMontgomery

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another big test. If Coffey gets on a roll could be lights out. Blackman run game has to help the defense out. Never thought i would say that. 29 yards is not going to cut. Your defense can keep up with Brentwood. Question remains can the offense? Hopefully the band stays out of the way. Good luck. Go Blaze!!!!

Hopefully the band stays out of the way.

After last year most of the comments from the Bruin fans were that we enjoyed the band. They seemed like they were having fun and we recognized the songs they were playing. Can't always do that with some other unnamed band that may have also been playing at the same game . . . hmm.

Considering that Blackman has, before Friday, scored a season average of about 38 ppg, it goes without saying that BHS is not a "dream team". No one can call Blackman a crappy team when looking at 52-0, 41-0, 45-10, 45-12, 48-0, bad team? Regardless of the opponents, a team cannot get these scores without being somewhat of a team. Offense will have to keep up with the defense this game, yet if the Blackman defense can't stop a run up the middle, there will be trouble. Blackman did not get whipped. It was basically a 7-0 game. The defense quit after the 1:00 mark. Quit acting like we got killed when really it was not that bad. It's very possible to end the regular season on a three game losing streak, but I don't think it's probable when looking at the beginning of the season.

Blackman W 13-7

Considering that Blackman has, before Friday, scored a season average of about 38 ppg, it goes without saying that BHS is not a "dream team". No one can call Blackman a crappy team when looking at 52-0, 41-0, 45-10, 45-12, 48-0, bad team? Regardless of the opponents, a team cannot get these scores without being somewhat of a team. Offense will have to keep up with the defense this game, yet if the Blackman defense can't stop a run up the middle, there will be trouble. Blackman did not get whipped. It was basically a 7-0 game. The defense quit after the 1:00 mark. Quit acting like we got killed when really it was not that bad. It's very possible to end the regular season on a three game losing streak, but I don't think it's probable when looking at the beginning of the season.

Blackman W 13-7

Those teams in the beggining of the season are nothing like the teams at the end of the season. The pit in your stomach is called doubt. Bakery is closed no more cream puffs. Can You beat Brentwood? Yes, no doubt, if the offense shows up. No one questions your defense. They are good, real good. The question all season has been the offense. The three headed monster needs to get rolling early and often to take some presure of of Collier. This game is not going to be a blow out. But Blackman, in my opinion, is going in as the underdog.

I watched both Brentwood and Blackman play Oakland. Got to give the slight edge to Brentwood. Blackman had a creme puff schedule (Station Camp, one of those victories, is still looking for its first victory and a senior on its team, and as of last Friday every other opponent had a losing record). Blackman's alleged high-powered rushing offense did virtually nothing against Oakland (9 yards in 27 carries and less than 100 yards of offense). They got socked in the mouth and did not respond. Can they bounce back after reading their press clippings one week about their "three-headed" monster running attack and finding the monster was on the Oakland defensive line? Brentwood's running offense is better than Blackman's. As for defense, Blackman has the edge. What gives Blackman the advantage in this department is their linebackers -- they are very good. Should be a good defensive game with a couple of Coffee breaks being the difference. Prediction -- Brentwood 10, Blackman 7.

I watched both Brentwood and Blackman play Oakland. Got to give the slight edge to Brentwood. Blackman had a creme puff schedule (Station Camp, one of those victories, is still looking for its first victory and a senior on its team, and as of last Friday every other opponent had a losing record). Blackman's alleged high-powered rushing offense did virtually nothing against Oakland (9 yards in 27 carries and less than 100 yards of offense). They got socked in the mouth and did not respond. Can they bounce back after reading their press clippings one week about their "three-headed" monster running attack and finding the monster was on the Oakland defensive line? Brentwood's running offense is better than Blackman's. As for defense, Blackman has the edge. What gives Blackman the advantage in this department is their linebackers -- they are very good. Should be a good defensive game with a couple of Coffee breaks being the difference. Prediction -- Brentwood 10, Blackman 7.

You forgot that new Metro Powerhouse Cane Ridge which also has exactly '0' wins! :blush:

Last time I saw this many 'cupcakes' in one place was at the Kroger Bakery Department. Can't blame Coach Shad though as he did NOT make this schedule. Somebody else did that is no longer there.

My prediction.......band will be loud and annoying on BOTH sides!

Yes, granted, they have played cupcake teams. Regardless of that fact, without somewhat of a team, one cannot put that many points on the board without being good! Considering the fact that Oakland was held 7-0 until the :50 second mark is quite remarkable and worth recognition. Oakland has a better program than Brentwood. It will definitely not be a high scoring game on either side. Blackman may go in as the underdog, but i don't think that we will. The BHS program has proved itself more than once. I stick with my previous prediction, Blackman 13, Brentwood 7. The Oakland game was definitely one of mistakes on both sides, more on Blackman's side. I really believe that BHS went into the game overconfident. Now that they've had a wake up call, they will definitely be more prepared for this game.

Easy on the "Blackman has a better program than Brentwood" - yes Oakland last year and this year seam to be clicking - but over the last 6 or 7 years (which defines a program) Brentwood gets the nod.

Should be a good match up - same old recipe - minimize turn overs - run the ball - control the clock. This one could come down to the one intangilbe most High School teams don't have - Special teams. Who ever gets the nod there could dial up the win.

Brentwood has always been the thorn in the side for the Blaze. Blackman can never seem to pull out a win in Brentwood. It is always pretty much a good game but the Bruins seem to pull out the win. I think if the o-line shows up friday night the blaze will pull out the win. In my opinion, the only reason they lost against Oakland was the O-line. Tyrek had no time to throw and they could not run the ball. So if the O-line shows up, then blackman 14-10 in a tough game