Brentwood Bruins vs Blackman Blaze

StorkMontgomery

Blackman's 2 biggest challenges Friday night will be

1. Getting back off the dirt and being ready to play

2. Being 100% focused on Brentwood with the Riverdale game looming...Because if their not, Coach Crawford's boys will beat them again!

IF Blackman is focused, I think their athletes finally win a close one

Blackman 14

B'wood 6

The flip-side of this argument can be made, Brentwood has their own district championship game against Franklin next week as well. Both teams are preparing for this Friday with the knowledge of a big-important-week coming up.

Your right... BUT the biggest difference is that the Brentwood kids have been in this position before. The Blackman kids have not., :roll:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman has to fix some issues with the offense. I know one of the major issues has been addressed this week which hopefully relieve the others. I do believe we will match-up better with BHS compared to OHS. We have not fared well against Big, Fast, Physical defenses.

Good news is our defense is off the frickin chain. Offense has to find a way, time to step-up no shrinking back. The rest of our games may come down to the team that gets to double digits first wins.

I say we climb on board the I'train and let it roll, choo choo choo ... all aboard!!

WE ARE BLACKMAN! no time to shrink back, strap it up and lets get it on!

The weird thing is that most of you (Blackman Supporters) think the only weapon this Brentwood offense has is Jermey Coffee. Last time I checked, Jordan Evans was just as leathal. Not as big as Jermey, but quick and has good instincts with the ball in his had. TRY to shut down one, but your problems wont be with one individual.

Brentwood Wins.

WOW!!! What a comeback by Blackman! Blackman wins 35-27. Scores 28 points in 4th quarter. Great job by Tyrek, Deshawn, Itaveous, Dietrich, heck all of em. I believe Mathers was the spark that was needed. He is going to be one heck of a back by the time he is a senior.

It was nice to see Blackman come out of its funk its been in. Watch out Riverdale, here we come.

By the way, Brentwood is a class act. Their fans were great. Their team was classy. The PA announcer got on my nerves for awhile because we were losing and I got tired of his "senior night" talk but other than that, I thought he was very good. I do think the officiating was not very good at times and their clock operator was a big time homer.

The refs were terrible...I hope Shad turns this video over to the TSSAA....Their video guy tried to pick a fight with us after we came back and beat em....The officials did everthing they could to take this game away from the Blaze....Its over and they visit us next year...on to game 10...Riverdale we trade videos tonight...I am headed to BW3's...

what a game...brentwood takes the first half...blackman storms back the 2nd half...our boys showed some incredible HEART tonight to not throw in the towel...

in 4 years and a BUNCH of post, i can never remember saying one word about a ref...but...here goes my first time...the worst game i have ever seen officiated...ever...and that's alot of games...four years of my H.S. ball, 5 years of my college ball, and 15 years on the sidelines at college, pro and middle school and then all the games i have attended watching my 3 boys play in...punt return touchdown called back because of holding...40 yard pass play called back because of holding...15 yard sack at crucial time called for facemask when our guy had the QB's jersey swinging him around...the guy running the clock had to be sipping the strong drink...he got worse as the game went on...i could go on and on...but i'll chose not to...amazing that we came back and won...the homer's were out on senior night for sure!

brentwood is a class act...both during the game and afterwards...really good football team that is well coached...and gracious even in a very hard loss...very talented tailback and really good highschool QB...best of luck to you the rest of the way...

Coach Shad and the rest of the coaches poured belief into the boys tonight and the guys drank the koolaid...this win...with the great comeback...did alot for our psyche...it's game on now! congradulation guys! let's make it 9-1 next week!

WOW!!! How such a small word can describe alot of things tonight. WOW the way the Blackman boys poured their hearts and soul into a fantastic 4th quarter comeback from a 20 point deficit. WOW the way the refs tried their hardest to give the home team a easy win. WOW the way the Blackman fans came together and supported their team, as well as the band stepped it up.

Coach Shad and all his staff deserve a great big pat on the back for a coaching job that was above and beyond. A job well done on all aspects of the game and more so in touching the hearts of all these boys.

BullDawgsalltheway it was a pleasure to speak with you at halftime and to have you cheering as close as you were to my wife and myself. We have your back anytime hun.

Brentwood is a class team thats been a thorn in our side but it's done and over now. If i were Riverdale and watched the film on this game i would be a little worried about the bonding that took place tonight. Here we come Riverdale may the best team win and lay their claim to District Champions as well as that #1 seeding for the playoffs. Just remember...........WE ARE BLACKMAN!!!!!!!!!!!