Lake County @ Union City

The score ended up about what I thought it would be..With no defense at all pretty well knew what was going to happen.Union City did dominate the game but also had about 3 or 4 Lake Co turnovers that led to some very easy scores.I thought after seeing Union City play Huntingdon that the Union City defense was just going to be too strong for Lake Co..Based on what I saw last night,Union City may not be as good as I actually thought..If not for the turnovers ,would probaly have been a 28-0 game..Union City doesnt have a lot of speed but has some goos backs.Takes a lot of time off the clock..The first drive Union City had to go for it on about a 4th and 1 on their side of the field to keep the ball.Not sure they would have done that against a South Pittsburg or Huntingdon.Absolutely no passing game at all but I'll admit..didnt have to.And Lake Co did move the ball at times ..And a good passing team will spell doom for Union City..Lake co could have passed the ball on Union City..several times were dropped balls..Union City may go to the second round.Huntingdon is a stronger team based on what I saw.When Union City plays against a good defense..one that they cant physically whip..not quick enough to explode for the home run.Not going to be able to drive the ball 2 or 3 yards at a time without getting penalties and drive the field..Union City actually didnt move the ball any better than several teams we've played.!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now back to my usual posts..This has got to be some of the worst coaching I've seen in a long time..Union City doensn't even throw the ball at all and really has no speed just had their way with Lake Co..The way Union City controls the ball and a little at a time gainers..should have been about a 28-0 game..And as far as all my posts about the boys quitting and playing basketball..Looks like they already have.There are only about 3 players giving their all.No heart what so ever..May as well pack it up because in your minds..you already have quit..Yall are just out there with a uniform on.I thought the coaches may have come up with a plan since Union City doesn't throw the ball at all..But still nothing..Lake Co..spend some money and go out and get some coaches..If yall would have spent some money ..may could have kept Coach Barger..may could have kept Coach P..Spent a little more than usual..maybe could have got Coack Rice back and with that his sons..that would have been worth the extra money in itself..Because you would be bringing in more fans..getting playoff money..Now all you're doing is losing fans..Yall will clean house when the fans stop coming..But then again..basketball will bale them out.!

Congrats UC. It sounds like yall totally dominated this game. Greenfield plays at Lake Co. next Friday night.

In most instances I always want Lake Co to win..like if they were 9-0 or 8-2..Or even 1-8 ,I would hope Lake Co wins because I know they wouldn't have a chance at the playoffs..I'm afraid if they win now that somehow Lake Co may end up with a wild card..Let's hope not..Please Greenfield..Win this game ..Let Lake Co start their basketball season .And if Lake Co does win..Whoever votes on the wild cards..remember that Lake Co has lost 3 games in a row ..has played some very sorry teams with the exception of maybe 1 team..And please ...No playoff game...that would just give them extra money to maybe keep the coaches they have now..Please no.!Let them do without money and the fans stop comming..then they'll have to make a move..and I promise if they have a meeting..I'll come forward and speak up to get rid of all of them.!I watched Coach Snow last night to see if he does anything..looks like he's really the assisant coach just by observing.Please..hire a defensive coach if nothing else..I need to go..have a headache from watching that mess last night.!

Fella....I will just say..."Your A Sore Looser"

Union City "Whipped " your team bad and could have been 75 to 0 in the final score if we wanted to.

We played our Freshmen the entire second half.

Our backup Q B is hurt so Chase had to play the entire game.

We are on a mission...your team now falls into the column of that mission and outside of Hall and Humboldt....your team also falls as one of if not the worse team we have played all year.

So....after your above post that slams Union City....We beat you fair and square. Ran the football down your throat....

Now, I will also say, we didn't even play our best backs at running all night...why should we. Nicks ...Senior night and his night. We have several other who can run 100 plus every night.

Loie I said...we called the dogs off late in the second quarter and could have beat the Falcons at least 75 to 0...

The score ended up about what I thought it would be..With no defense at all pretty well knew what was going to happen.Union City did dominate the game but also had about 3 or 4 Lake Co turnovers that led to some very easy scores.I thought after seeing Union City play Huntingdon that the Union City defense was just going to be too strong for Lake Co..Based on what I saw last night,Union City may not be as good as I actually thought..If not for the turnovers ,would probaly have been a 28-0 game..Union City doesnt have a lot of speed but has some goos backs.Takes a lot of time off the clock..The first drive Union City had to go for it on about a 4th and 1 on their side of the field to keep the ball.Not sure they would have done that against a South Pittsburg or Huntingdon.Absolutely no passing game at all but I'll admit..didnt have to.And Lake Co did move the ball at times ..And a good passing team will spell doom for Union City..Lake co could have passed the ball on Union City..several times were dropped balls..Union City may go to the second round.Huntingdon is a stronger team based on what I saw.When Union City plays against a good defense..one that they cant physically whip..not quick enough to explode for the home run.Not going to be able to drive the ball 2 or 3 yards at a time without getting penalties and drive the field..Union City actually didnt move the ball any better than several teams we've played.!

49 to 0 with mercy rule starting in the 1st half pretty impressive to me (2nd half only took 26 minutes total - 12 minutes each quarter and 2 minutes in between quarter). Heck, 28 to 0 is a spanking if that was the score as lclamepigeon stated it should have been.

Congrats UC. It sounds like yall totally dominated this game. Greenfield plays at Lake Co. next Friday night.

In most instances I always want Lake Co to win..like if they were 9-0 or 8-2..Or even 1-8 ,I would hope Lake Co wins because I know they wouldn't have a chance at the playoffs..I'm afraid if they win now that somehow Lake Co may end up with a wild card..Let's hope not..Please Greenfield..Win this game ..Let Lake Co start their basketball season .And if Lake Co does win..Whoever votes on the wild cards..remember that Lake Co has lost 3 games in a row ..has played some very sorry teams with the exception of maybe 1 team..And please ...No playoff game...that would just give them extra money to maybe keep the coaches they have now..Please no.!Let them do without money and the fans stop comming..then they'll have to make a move..and I promise if they have a meeting..I'll come forward and speak up to get rid of all of them.!I watched Coach Snow last night to see if he does anything..looks like he's really the assisant coach just by observing.Please..hire a defensive coach if nothing else..I need to go..have a headache from watching that mess last night.!

lclamepigeon - I sure am glad UC doesn't have fans like you. LC team effort might be disappointing, but you are embarassing with that type of support for your team.

Union City "Whipped " your team bad and could have been 75 to 0 in the final score if we wanted to.

We played our Freshmen the entire second half.

Our backup Q B is hurt so Chase had to play the entire game.

We are on a mission...your team now falls into the column of that mission and outside of Hall and Humboldt....your team also falls as one of if not the worse team we have played all year.

So....after your above post that slams Union City....We beat you fair and square. Ran the football down your throat....

Now, I will also say, we didn't even play our best backs at running all night...why should we. Nicks ...Senior night and his night. We have several other who can run 100 plus every night.

Loie I said...we called the dogs off late in the second quarter and could have beat the Falcons at least 75 to 0...

I never said yall dint win fair and square..I just said that Lake Co had about 4 turnovers that helped with about 4 close touchdowns..Didnt say Union City wasnt a god team..They are.But after seeing them against Lake Co..wasnt as impressed as I thought I might would be.I mean.Union City didnt do any more tham most of the other teams have done.Lake Co has a no defense.It took yall some time to score without having a lot of speed.A lot of your scores came off turnovers.That's part of the game but if a good team that doenst do that..and has a passing attack.Union City will lose.No passing attack what so ever and if it hadnt been sloppy.Lake Co would have thrwn more against Union City.Your corners werent too impressive..A good passing team will take Union City to the wood shed or a good defense.in which Union City will have to pass.Good team..Yes..State Championship calibre..Definitely Not

And your star kicker missed an extra point..after that..a lot of class from your coach..Go for 2 points and winning about 31-0..I mean come on..yall were playing a team that has a middle school defense.

lclamepigeon - I sure am glad UC doesn't have fans like you. LC team effort might be disappointing, but you are embarassing with that type of support for your team.

Like I told someone else..It's easier to sit and judge when your team is winning and decent.Union City is good..not great.So you need to worry about the Twisters.Isnt Atlas the guy that holds the world up on his shoulders..So.I've never seen anyone do that and you like to change peoples names..So I'll just call you Skinny binny from now on..

Skinny Binny..Lake Co put some young boys out there as well.I guess they wanted some of them to get those pretty white uniforms dirty.Union City didnt do anything that most everyone else hasnt.I mean Gibson Co had over 500 yards on Lake Co.Yall are a decent team.not enough sped to go far.And no passing game.You may get by the first round .maybe even the second round.because you'll probably play teams from this area which are weak,other than Huntingdon.But we'll see about the 3rd round on.!

49 to 0 with mercy rule starting in the 1st half pretty impressive to me (2nd half only took 26 minutes total - 12 minutes each quarter and 2 minutes in between quarter). Heck, 28 to 0 is a spanking if that was the score as lclamepigeon stated it should have been.

I never said yall dint win fair and square..I just said that Lake Co had about 4 turnovers that helped with about 4 close touchdowns..Didnt say Union City wasnt a god team..They are.But after seeing them against Lake Co..wasnt as impressed as I thought I might would be.I mean.Union City didnt do any more tham most of the other teams have done.Lake Co has a no defense.It took yall some time to score without having a lot of speed.A lot of your scores came off turnovers.That's part of the game but if a good team that doenst do that..and has a passing attack.Union City will lose.No passing attack what so ever and if it hadnt been sloppy.Lake Co would have thrwn more against Union City.Your corners werent too impressive..A good passing team will take Union City to the wood shed or a good defense.in which Union City will have to pass.Good team..Yes..State Championship calibre..Definitely Not

According to your schedule, no other team you have played has come close to what we did to you. No other team has held LC scoreless. No other team has scored 49 points against you.

You don't have to throw the ball to win games. You just have to score more points.

I was surprised by the lack of fight shown by the Falcons....Usually, you can at least count on a Lake County team to give you a game....Last night was a pretty embarrassing effort for a program with the tradition that Lake County High School has....

Other than the first part of the first quarter, this game was a total and utter mismatch....

This may be coaching to an extent but those coaches cannot go out and play....Some of what happened last night falls on the players...I bet the folks sitting in those visitor's stands that have worn the Green and Gold won't stand for effort like they saw last night for long....