District 7AA

PurpleGrad

I'm a big bledsoe fan but i have to say there is no one goin to even come close to Grundy this year. they have players that can shoot. they have point gaurds that can take care of the ball. and the best thing of all is they can run and gun or slow it down and still score. they are the best team in 7AA easily.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They beat Sequatchie by 3, Bledsoe by I believe 7, they'd be the pick based on the first half of the district schedule but "nobody coming close" is a bit of a stretch.

Sequatchie won 66-34 over Whitwell Friday. It was closer for a while. 17-12 after one, 36-23 at the half. Sequatchie failed to score for a while in the third and Whitwell got it down to 6 or 8 but Sequatchie made it 13 again at 43-30, into the fourth. Fourth quarter they blew it open, 21-4 with reserves playing the last few minutes.

Sequatchie's Cartwright had 23 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists; Kilgore had 14 points; Derek Smith had 10 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals; Shepherd scored 6 with 5 rebounds, Cordell was in foul trouble, a couple were a little iffy, but he added three blocks. Whitwell got a big scoring game from Tucker, rebounds too, same as most every game it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Grundy put a hurting on CCS last night and it fun to get to see them play again. It looks like they picked up right where they left off after the break. It looked like Grundy was on a misson last night. They seem to have everything going for them right now. Marion better hope the snow will cool the Jackets down before Friday. Because if not the Warriors could be in for a long night. :)

I know your not suppose to look ahead but I can't wait til the Jackets play Sequatchie again. That away I can quit hearing that Seq. only lost by 3 to Grundy. Its still a lost and Seq. can't hang with Grundy like that again.

Well, beating them by 33 and 20 is a pretty good accomplishment.

I think Grundy will beat Sequatchie again because they have more talent.

In my opinion, Grundy has more talent. Their top seven players have so much talent compared to Sequatchie's 3. Also, remember what happened to Sequatchie last year when they traveled to Grundy... But it should be an interesting game as always. Sequatchie will always play with heart and give 100%.