Pearl Cohn @ David Lipscomb

FIREBIRD80

I saw Pearl-Cohn play this past Thursday night against Whites Creek and they drilled the Cobras. The Firebirds have some star players for sure guys. Here are a few to keep an eye on:

#11 (QB): Jawaun Wilson

#6 & #27 (RB): DeAnthony Hall & Montrieze Lillard

#2 & #23 (WR): Nick Hill & David Sanders

#8 (TE): Michael Slifka

#50 (OL): Levi Wilson

#36 & #53 (DL): Darrell Fitzgerald & Andre Hyde

#27, #26 & #28 (LB): Montrieze Lillard, Jamie Amos & Nicholas Dance

#1 & #3 (DB): Richard Taylor & Jestin Williams

Those are the Firebirds best players at every position on the field. I don't have all of their names but I can tell you that all of those guys are all-district caliber football players.

When Pearl-Cohn is "on" they are tough to beat. I remember them in 2006 rolling into Station Camp in the final week of the regular season and beating them to end a dream at a perfect season and at the same time capture a region title of their own. The following year in 2007 they did it again against Station Camp in both the final week of the regular season as well as in the playoffs. They went on to also beat White House the following week in the quarterfinal round of the playoffs. Since he has been the head football coach I know that Brunetti has won a lot more of these "high impact" types of games than he has lost. His best quality as a coach is that he finds ways to get those kids FIRED UP in situations like these and makes them believe that it's them against the world. On defense the Firebirds teams have an outstanding track record against teams that run the Wing-T. Look at how they fared against Station Camp & Greenbrier under Brunetti each of the last 3 years for proof. Aside from last year (when they were really young and terrible) the Firebirds went 5-0 against those 2 "Wing-T" teams.

David Lipscomb will have to be on their best game and take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves if they want to beat Pearl-Cohn. That goes for any team that plays a Metro/Nashville team. That was one reason why Lipscomb jumped all over Whites Creek a few weeks ago in route to a decisive victory. At the same time however that is also how Lipscomb blew a late lead and lost to Maplewood earlier in the season.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Firebirds have some star players for sure guys. Here are a few to keep an eye on:

#11 (QB): Jawaun Wilson

#6 & #27 (RB): DeAnthony Hall & Montrieze Lillard

#2 & #23 (WR): Nick Hill & David Sanders

#8 (TE): Michael Slifka

#50 (OL): Levi Wilson

#36 & #53 (DL): Darrell Fitzgerald & Andre Hyde

#27, #26 & #28 (LB): Montrieze Lillard, Jamie Amos & Nicholas Dance

#1 & #3 (DB): Richard Taylor & Jestin Williams

This is a great list. Howdoitknow, being the guru that you are and we appreciate all of your knowledge, do you know how many of these players actually go to MLK and use the co-op program to play football at PC since MLK does not have a team? I know for a fact that both leading WR go to MLK in Sanders and Hill. Are there others? Is MLK the only school that feeds into PC for football?

When the re-zoning occurred in Metro/Nashville there is little doubt that Pearl-Cohn was the big winner when it was all said and done. They do now get the MLK kids. Those guys used to go play at Hillsboro. Pearl-Cohn also got a section of kids (now zoned for PC) who used to attend Hillwood.

I can tell you that both receivers and the tight end are all MLK kids. The offensive lineman I listed moved from Ashland City to Bordeaux and was cleared to play this year. He went to Cheatham County as a freshman and sophomore.

The two teams had some exciting, hard hitting games back in the mid 90's. Sounds like tomorrow night will be another one. PC is always loaded with talent and speed. DL will challenge with discipline and execution. Too bad the weather forecast is poor. This game deserves a huge fan turnout.

The fans will be there and the atmosphere will be wonderful. The field is in excellent shape and a little rain will do little to worson it. Should be clear by gametime.How many kids do we have playing from another school....ZERO ! Pearl has kids from their own school plus another whole school. Do they factor both schools' numbers for classification. No they do not and how fair is that? Put the numbers together and let them play 6a ball like other schools with a draw that size.How many 1st year tranfers do we get eligibility for ? You get the picture. Public has every rule in their favor yet still make excuses, except for those who have figured it out. It is having consistency in the

program and families buying into it that puts a program above others.Public or private(not the recruiters who give financial packages to atheletes)!Go mustangs

The fans will be there and the atmosphere will be wonderful. The field is in excellent shape and a little rain will do little to worson it. Should be clear by gametime.How many kids do we have playing from another school....ZERO ! Pearl has kids from their own school plus another whole school. Do they factor both schools' numbers for classification. No they do not and how fair is that? Put the numbers together and let them play 6a ball like other schools with a draw that size.How many 1st year tranfers do we get eligibility for ? You get the picture. Public has every rule in their favor yet still make excuses, except for those who have figured it out. It is having consistency in the

program and families buying into it that puts a program above others.Public or private(not the recruiters who give financial packages to atheletes)!Go mustangs

So you want to talk about fair? OK Pearl supposed to have been in 3A in 97 when we won the state in 4A losing one game that year. But we stayed in 4A for 8 years with a 3A team they only have 4 players from MLK.They really is a 2A school playing in 3A even with this new zone and MLK players... SO PEARL NEVER MAKE EXCUSES WE JUST GO OUT AND PLAY.

Public has every rule in their favor yet still make excuses, except for those who have figured it out. It is having consistency in the

You sooo funny :thumb:

Sounds like your unhappy with the most recent DL recruiting classes.(yeah ya do) Ya'll are still gonna win the district .....so just take a deep breath and quit blaming the public kids that get bounced around from school to school due to redistricting.

Likeasock,

I figure you're a former Giles County player who doesn't want to tell the truth to his children and grandchildren some day about how his team couldn't beat the Lipscomb team. Therefore, you make the story easier to tell and say they recruited. Have you ever seen a team who recruits play 180 lb guys on the OL? The answer is no. This year DL is bigger on the OL, but I'm sorry the story is not that flattering if you tell the truth about the past few years. (The truth being we have a few very good players and quite a few role players.) Therefore, you'll modify it and say "they" recruit and feed your ego with a made-up story. I would invite you to look at the background (real research instead of a cheap lie) about the best 3 players on every Lipscomb team for the last 10 years. You'll find they all went to Lipscomb for some time, or were always at Lipscomb.

Now get off this forum, unless you have something to contribute to the discussion about DL and PC.

-snd

It is a fact that you draw from multiple schools and it is a fact that LIPSCOMB DOES NOT RECRUUIT! Lets just talk facts. Tell me one player that was recruited, And I will give at least 3 rules in favor of public schools. 1. The multiplier 2. Teams composed of players from multiple schools 3. Open zoning in several districts esp. in the east 4. School transfer by reason of change of address. Want more? Let your facts do the talking!