Pearl Cohn @ David Lipscomb

FIREBIRD80

The way the tiebreaker rules are written is very misleading. I thought the same thing at first. The reason being is that the head-to-head rule is not listed in the list of rules to be applied. However, if you read it closely it says if one team has beaten all other team(s) who are tied, they will be rated above the others. All other lists in the rules state the head-to-head as the first criteria. Maplewood still has to beat White Creek. If Whites Creek wins they secure second place. Should be a great game.

-snd

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You G.C. posters are sad. :thumb: Here you are over here running at the trap and you couldn't beat Lipscumb if you had five tries in any given year. You guys are the lauging stock of all of middle tn. Everyone's laughing at you because of your ignorant post. Worse off, the few of you who are doing the most trash talking are giving the Wallace kid a bad name. Not sure why coacht lets you stay on. Guess it is because of something "under" the table. To show you just how you measure up, look at our kid recieving plenty of playing time for The University of Tennessee and yet your "superstar" QB only has one offer and it's from Tennessee Martin. :thumb::thumb:

If you are a Lipscomb fan, you must have missed the times the Mustangs played against Bo Wallace. Many of us remember the show he put on as a freshman against Lipscomb when he filled in for an injured QB. He did not play like a freshman. I have to agree with Okee.... the Lipscomb coaches feel that Bo Wallace is the "real deal" and is a special player. He has the talent to take over a game. Unfortunately for Giles County's opponents, he is surrounded by a quality team and if you focus too much on Bo, other great players can burn you. He was very impressive against Lipscomb last year. He did a great job in the secondary for Giles County.

Most Lipscomb fans are glad they didn't have to play Giles 5 times last year. 2 times were plenty. Lipscomb had a great team and both times had to find a way to win in the last minute. I don't think you will find anyone from Lipscomb who was on the field with Bo that doesn't have tremendous respect for his ability.

You G.C. posters are sad. :thumb: Here you are over here running at the trap and you couldn't beat Lipscumb if you had five tries in any given year. You guys are the lauging stock of all of middle tn. Everyone's laughing at you because of your ignorant post. Worse off, the few of you who are doing the most trash talking are giving the Wallace kid a bad name. Not sure why coacht lets you stay on. Guess it is because of something "under" the table. To show you just how you measure up, look at our kid recieving plenty of playing time for The University of Tennessee and yet your "superstar" QB only has one offer and it's from Tennessee Martin. :thumb::thumb:

Are you a student at Lipscumb or a graduate? Your posts makes no sense. What does "lauging" mean? Bo Wallace is a nice kid and a great athlete and I bet your coach would have loved for him too play for Lipscomb. Giles County has been fortunate to have him.

[quote

Duficated.....You ever notice how you rarely ever post about football...you mainly prefer to comment on other posters :thumb: You really should say something about football on occasion :lol:

You read what you want to read and see what you want to see.

Only comment on posters like you and gocat :lol: But I will try to ignore ignorance from

now on.Besides.........gocat scares me really bad :lol:

On a football note.....Great job Mustangs,keep it rolling. :lol:

Sorry to scare you dedicated. I was in a bad mood the day I replied to your post. It is hard for me to accept a Giles County fan who is also a DL fan. Who do you pull for when they play each other?

Sorry to scare you dedicated. I was in a bad mood the day I replied to your post. It is hard for me to accept a Giles County fan who is also a DL fan. Who do you pull for when they play each other?

I think that if you asked any Giles fan that knows anything about football they would tell you they pull for Lipscomb when we aren't playing them. They have earned my respect as well as many other Giles fans. This is why so many of us pull for the Mustangs.

I think that if you asked any Giles fan that knows anything about football they would tell you they pull for Lipscomb when we aren't playing them. They have earned my respect as well as many other Giles fans. This is why so many of us pull for the Mustangs.

There you go again Mikey! Your always hating on the home boys and loving on the competition. I respect DL as much as any team in TN. Like to see them win...uh..no. Nothing against their boys, they have many great kids, its just a competition thing. We were just a couple of ...interesting calls...away from winining a couple of those games. With that said I do think that over the past few years playing DL has forced us to become a better team, and we have. Seeing the success the JV and Freshman teams have had this past year we will continue to see success in the coming years.

Thats ok,it is getting close to Halloween.I am an old region 5-3a fan. Yes that includes Page.

I always pull for Giles and then the other 7, .............in a certain order of course.

The way the tiebreaker rules are written is very misleading. I thought the same thing at first. The reason being is that the head-to-head rule is not listed in the list of rules to be applied. However, if you read it closely it says if one team has beaten all other team(s) who are tied, they will be rated above the others. All other lists in the rules state the head-to-head as the first criteria. Maplewood still has to beat White Creek. If Whites Creek wins they secure second place. Should be a great game.

-snd

now that sounds a lot better ...and no question Maplewood still has to beat a very tough Whites Creek team. and should be a pretty good game baring it doesnt get rained on!! ...and i look forward to seeing Whites Creek band as well ..see how they Match up to Pearl Cohn Band ..which has the best band by far that ive seen!!!

boski - I will have to say after seeing both bands, hands down the better band is Pearl Cohn. I truly felt I was watching a college band (TSU). Not to take away anything from WC but PC was a "step" ahead. Best of luck the rest of the year to Maplewood and maybe we'll get a rematch.