Waverly @ Cheatham

BoardHater71

This week 2 long time rivals in basketball and baseball renew their gridiron rivalry as Waverly visits Mike Jarreau Field to take on the Cubs. It will be "Homecoming 2009" at CCCHS so there is going to be some excitement in the stadium for this one. Hope that the weather can cooperate with us because the rain from last week combined with a soccer & football game really did a number on the playing surface. The tape delayed broadcast of this one can be heard Saturday morning at the Cheatham Cubs Football Fan Page by visiting http://www.cheathamcubsfanpage.com/fb and clicking on the link titled 'Cubs Friday Night'.

Looks like the rain rolling in tomorrow night is going to add to the awful field conditions left from last week's "Mud Bowl" between the Cubs and Camden. Hope Waverly travels safely and I look forward to calling the 1st meeting between these 2 during the regular season since 2004. The 2 teams have scrimmaged one another each of the last 2 years so there is some familiar competition among some of the upperclassmen but for the most part both of these teams are rebuilding and trying to use this one as a stepping tool for next season.

I think Waverly will win this game but who knows how things will turn out especially on a muddy field. Anyway, for those interested, the game will be live on wqmv1060.com. Everyone is welcomed to tune in. Just click on the Tiger emblem and you will hear all the action. Good luck to both teams.

Thanks papatiger. I am sure many of our fans would love to listen LIVE tonight. We are taped this week and our broadcast will not be heard until 7 a.m. tomorrow morning.

I think Waverly will win this game but who knows how things will turn out especially on a muddy field. Anyway, for those interested, the game will be live on wqmv1060.com. Everyone is welcomed to tune in. Just click on the Tiger emblem and you will hear all the action. Good luck to both teams.

Papa, haven't talked to you in a while. Did Waverly lose a lot of players from last year? I really thought this year they would have taken the next step. How is the fan support this year? Keep hanging in there.....things are going to improve. BTW how are the numbers this year.....you increase the number of players?

Good luck this week...........play for pride!

Papa, haven't talked to you in a while. Did Waverly lose a lot of players from last year? I really thought this year they would have taken the next step. How is the fan support this year? Keep hanging in there.....things are going to improve. BTW how are the numbers this year.....you increase the number of players?

Good luck this week...........play for pride!

I just haven't had a lot of time to post. Waverly lost their whole line from last year. The line we had was pretty sizeable and this year's line although talented, have very little size. There were several skilled players back from last year's squad but lost wide reciever Michael Purcell with a leg injury early and he's out for year, and then lost starting qb Jake Hale with an ACL, last scrimmage game. Although Will McLeod has done a great job at qb, you hate to lose the experience at any position, especially qb. McLeod has turned in a great job, and I've seen him growing each game. There have been some games we just came out entirely flat, playing unispired (Harpeth, Riverside, Stewart County), but there have been games we did well (Camden, although we left 3 opportunities in the redzone, Creek Wood for a half). There is some good talent on this team but we need some beef for the line. The numbers are good 53 on roster I think the last number I heard. Coach Graves continues to do a great job.