Stewart Co. @ Riverside

BOD

Stewart County is having a great season at 6-2 overall and with a win here they will definitely be playoff bound. There is NO FREAKING WAY that a team with 7 wins will not get 1 of those final 8 "wild card" spots available.

District 11-AA could get 4 teams in this year's playoffs. Camden as the top 3A team. Creek Wood as the top 4A team. Harpeth as the second 3A team. Stewart could go as either the second 3A team OR as a "wild card" based on their overall body of work.

I expect SC to come out firing knowing what is at stake with playoffs and possibly a home game if they win out. Last year SC came out of the gate slow @ Riverside and I don't expect that to happen this time. This senior group has been critical to the past two years to get to the playoffs and they all want another shot at that first win. I believe they have a great chance if they get a home game. Go Rebs!

This will be a very good game. Both teams have impressive records in their respective classes. Riverside is riding a 6 game winning streak and they will do their best to make it to 7.

Stewart County has something to prove also. Their student athletes want another chance at a home game in the Playoffs and they recognize that Riverside is standing in the way of them taking a big step towards realizing that goal.

If Stewart County can stay focused this week on working hard, elevating the level of their play by eliminating mistakes, and executing their game plan they will have a good chance to win this game.

I expect the Stewart County upper classmen to be leaders and lead by example in this game because it will be needed on the field. There can be no mental mistakes or loss of composure. Remember the task at hand.

Just as was the case last week, I suspect that Coach Holladay and his staff will have their team READY!

However, if SC looks ahead and takes Riverside for granted then Riverside will have a good chance to notch that 7th win in a row. Riverside also has a LOT to play for in this game...just as much as SC because they want to prove that they can play at a higher level out of their Class. Getting behind a very good Riverside team will not be the best position for a SC team to be in.

Riverside will play this game like a Gleason or a Greenfield did last year against the Rebels. It will be a hard fought game with pride on the line!

Whoever wants this one the most gets it. Whoever comes out fighting the hardest has the best chance to win this game in the fourth quarter.

This game could be a slugfest. If it comes down to the wire I have to give the edge to SC. They have the numbers and I believe they can wear down Riverside over the course of the game.

Stewart County is having a great season at 6-2 overall and with a win here they will definitely be playoff bound. There is NO FREAKING WAY that a team with 7 wins will not get 1 of those final 8 "wild card" spots available.

District 11-AA could get 4 teams in this year's playoffs. Camden as the top 3A team. Creek Wood as the top 4A team. Harpeth as the second 3A team. Stewart could go as either the second 3A team OR as a "wild card" based on their overall body of work.

SC does not have 7 wins. They have a hard fought 6 victory season working right now and they will claim every one of those victories! They are working on #7 as we speak. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I know you said they were 6-2, i'm just saying...

I have one thing to say, and that is Riverside wins this one.

Also I would like to thank Riverside for last weeks win over TCA. I have a few acquaintances at TCA that thought talked a lot of trash about a good Riverside team, and the Panthers showed up to play and beat those private school brats. Good luck on both of yall's seasons to both Riverside and SC from a Camden fan.